Besthorpe-48

Christian Fassnacht

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I was waiting for you to say you were a Young Boys fan....

That club name is just the gift that keeps on giving, isn’t it….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You certainly cannot say you prefer Young Boys to Grasshoppers.

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Someone was clearly going to drop that in at some stage. I though I would be the most likely child like person.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You've not learnt about the stadium name yet I guess?  Just don't pronounce it in a posh accent.

I remember them playing United in Europe and couldn't stop laughing at them both combined.

Edited by Google Bot

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

You've not learnt about the stadium name yet I guess?  Just don't pronounce it in a posh accent.

I remember them playing United in Europe and couldn't stop laughing at them both combined.

Just don't forget that Germanic tendency to pronounce W as V... 😉 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Possibly, but Wagner keeps repeating that there is no need to sell anybody.

People keep mentioning this, but the message as I read it, is that we don't need to sell, unless we seek to invest into other players.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Someone was clearly going to drop that in at some stage. I though I would be the most likely child like person.

Headlines would be fun if we got tonked by them.

NORWICH WHIPPED BY YOUNG BOYS!

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

NORWICH WHIPPED BY YOUNG BOYS!

Wankdorf upset at the hands of Young Boys.

I mean, where do you stop? :classic_blush:

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Just before it all goes Berne, baby, Berne, I guess.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Couldn't agree more. Surely our requirements for players are pretty simple and straightforward.

Between the ages of 19-24, never had an injury, ideally a league winner or at least experience of promotion. Strikers simply need Pukki's finishing ability (as a bare minimum), whilst defensive players should have a similar set of skills that would be expected of a modern Beckenbauer. Also, available for somewhere within our budget (e.g. free/minimal transfer fee).

I just don't understand why Webber and team haven't been able to find anybody to tick all the boxes, clearly his heart is no longer in it.

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

You certainly cannot say you prefer Young Boys to Grasshoppers.

..............great name for a cricket team though eh?

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Whilst I agree with the bit in bold, considering the flak Tzolis, Idah and Placheta all get on here, I do wonder how many forget that!

The most important question is what is a fass nacht? 

Just now, Herman said:

The most important question is what is a fass nacht? 

das Fass = barrel/cask in German
das Nacht = night in German.

Think Kenny McLean will be a happy chappie, let's put it that way.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Well said 

EVERY single time I think not, and joking is not 'beating down' on anyone.  I will apologise though for forcing you to read my posts. I suspect others don't.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

People keep mentioning this, but the message as I read it, is that we don't need to sell, unless we seek to invest into other players.

Basic logic would tell you that Wagner would not make a comment that later could be disproved. A lie in fact.  This player would have been on the wanted list, and only when he was certain to be signed was Mumba sold. Plymouth had expressed a wish to keep Mumba there, right from the end of last season. However by this logic, we did not sell Mumba until we had a player to spend the money on. Yes, that sounds about right. What next ? A theory about how trees 'flapping' causes the wind to blow ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

However by this logic, we did not sell Mumba until we had a player to spend the money on. Yes, that sounds about right.

No, we work to an overall budget.

7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me the constant beat down on Idah is so ****ing tenuous and ridiculous. Every. ****ing. Time. Let's try getting through a SINGLE ****ING TOPIC WITHOUT SLATING OUR OWN PLAYERS shall we? 

Indeed!

in fact, if you removed all of the posts where ‘fans’ slated players, the NCFC server would actually be about 3kgs lighter!

1 hour ago, CirclePoint said:

Indeed!

in fact, if you removed all of the posts where ‘fans’ slated players, the NCFC server would actually be about 3kgs lighter!

Only 3?

1 hour ago, CirclePoint said:

Indeed!

Not only that, the emoticons might fun-king work.

Steady….not prolific……

Spent as much time injured as playing, last season…

Should bed in seamlessly……

1 hour ago, unique said:

Steady….not prolific……

Spent as much time injured as playing, last season…

Should bed in seamlessly……

Strange Transfermarkt has him injured for August & part of September then fit for the rest of the season. Guess that doesn’t fit the narrative

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The pink un lads all think it's a goer. 

Chris Reeve has posted one of his " I understand " tweets so it must be happening 

49 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Strange Transfermarkt has him injured for August & part of September then fit for the rest of the season. Guess that doesn’t fit the narrative

Transfermarkt isn't 100% reliable on injuries in my experience, I've looked at Norwich players on there and noticed big chunks of injury absence missing.

And although you're right about what shows up for last season, if you spin it another way, it also shows that between November 2021 and September 2022 he had five separate injuries, and missed well over half of the games played in that period, so there's definitely a question mark over his proneness to injury!

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Transfermarkt isn't 100% reliable on injuries in my experience, I've looked at Norwich players on there and noticed big chunks of injury absence missing.

And although you're right about what shows up for last season, if you spin it another way, it also shows that between November 2021 and September 2022 he had five separate injuries, and missed well over half of the games played in that period, so there's definitely a question mark over his proneness to injury!

1. He's missed 45 games through injury in 7 seasons. In the same period he has played 283 games, so he has been injured 16% of the time. The same rate would see him play 39 league games next season and miss 7 through injury.

2. Even of these 45, 11 have been with concussion (which is not really an injury in the traditional football sense that he he had muscle/ ligament or  bone damage) + 2 for illness, meaning he has missed 32 games for "normal football injuries" in 7 years. This would give an injury rate of 11%, which if repeated would mean he would be unavailable for 5 league games out of 46. 

3. In his worse season, he missed 25 games (nine with concussion) but still played 28 games so he missed less than half the season.

4. In addition, the injuries seem to be of different type and not repetitive - he doesn't have "a dodgy knee" or any other recurrent injury.

I think that it would be very harsh to describe him as injury prone.

image.png.bf9ef0e96c29eb29f1106f4f796d07ae.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-fassnacht/verletzungen/spieler/250490

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

1. He's missed 45 games through injury in 7 seasons. In the same period he has played 283 games, so he has been injured 16% of the time. The same rate would see him play 39 league games next season and miss 7 through injury.

2. Even of these 45, 11 have been with concussion (which is not really an injury in the traditional football sense that he he had muscle/ ligament or  bone damage) + 2 for illness, meaning he has missed 32 games for "normal football injuries" in 7 years. This would give an injury rate of 11%, which if repeated would mean he would be unavailable for 5 league games out of 46. 

3. In his worse season, he missed 25 games (nine with concussion) but still played 28 games so he missed less than half the season.

4. In addition, the injuries seem to be of different type and not repetitive - he doesn't have "a dodgy knee" or any other recurrent injury.

I think that it would be very harsh to describe him as injury prone.

image.png.bf9ef0e96c29eb29f1106f4f796d07ae.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-fassnacht/verletzungen/spieler/250490

Looking at his career in its entirety I agree with you. However, it is clear that he has struggled more with injuries in the past 18 months than he has previously (although, oddly, the 'ankle injury' and 'ligament injury' appear to run concurrently!).

It does appear that he was largely injury-free last season. It's probably just me being overcautious due to our rotten recent record with injuries (not least the Hayden debacle of last season still being fresh in the mind). Let's keep everything crossed that he can stay fit, until Sainz is back at the very least!

• Like 1

Blimey, his concussion was a fractured bone in the head which lead to him suffering with limited hearing for a period afterwards.

Seems a battler, so injuries will be expected, just comes with the title.

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Got a lifetime Warning point from

Southwell C for far less than the remarks above

You're all on his radar

Be prepared Big Brother is watching