Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

So according to Zoe we will make an appointment imminently

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Focus should be on the rebuild and giving Wagner every tool needed to succeed. Second focus should be on completing the take over. Third focus should be on getting the club ready to go for the new season. Replacing Webber comes 4th in our priority list right now given he's contractually obliged to be here until March. 

Replacing Webber is more about finding the right person than making a quick appointment and we have no rush given his most likely destination have said they won't make an appointment until October. I expect the new season will start and we'll see things on this front move quickly.

To see the usual suspects have a hissy fit over the club appointing a recruitment consultant is not a surprise. 

“If we delay it maybe he’ll stay boohoo”image.gif.23460329b222c735072907ad57f08afc.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Davidlingfield said:

I am certainly not sympathetic towards her - she is already way out of her depth even with her husband to help her - so god news how she will cope once he is gone….

I think you should look at her history in football. She's far from "out of her depth" with or without Husband. Most of her career has been without and she's worked at bigger clubs than ours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think you should look at her history in football. She's far from "out of her depth" with or without Husband. Most of her career has been without and she's worked at bigger clubs than ours.

Which bigger clubs Hoggy and in what capacity? 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

She's worked for Liverpool and for the Premier League in general. Oh and Fulham whilst they were in the Prem.

2 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Why? Your comment makes no sense.

Employee hands in notice, employer is ‘contractually’ unable to look for a replacement … instead they have to wait several months. Weird.

We’re not talking about Jim the check out assistant at your local Morrisons here are we? 

there will almost certainly be a reason why they’ve had to wait that’s all I’m getting at 

12 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Would imagine contractually they couldn’t 

As someone who has worked in Senior Level recruitment previously...this is not a thing.

No employer would have a contract saying they couldn't look for an employees replacement after they've handed their notice in. It wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Just now, king canary said:

As someone who has worked in Senior Level recruitment previously...this is not a thing.

No employer would have a contract saying they couldn't look for an employees replacement after they've handed their notice in. It wouldn't make a lick of sense.

I’m completely with you but I’m trying to play devils advocate here, there must surely be a reason why they’ve waited 3 months to do it, with you expertises can you think of a reason other than incompetence? 

Just now, Yobocop said:

I’m completely with you but I’m trying to play devils advocate here, there must surely be a reason why they’ve waited 3 months to do it, with you expertises can you think of a reason other than incompetence? 

From what it sounds like, they thought they would try and use their own 'little black book' of contacts initially which isn't crazy- I imagine they had a few names they'd come across and either wanted some due diligence or to sound them out and none of those have progressed.

It isn't anything crazy- I'd probably suggest that they should have done this in parallel to going external but they obviously chose not to. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, king canary said:

From what it sounds like, they thought they would try and use their own 'little black book' of contacts initially which isn't crazy- I imagine they had a few names they'd come across and either wanted some due diligence or to sound them out and none of those have progressed.

It isn't anything crazy- I'd probably suggest that they should have done this in parallel to going external but they obviously chose not to. 

Makes sense thank you 

Just now, Yobocop said:

Makes sense thank you 

If this is the case though then I wonder if we may end up with someone from abroad or someone not in an SD role right now.

You'd think we likely wouldn't need to go external for candidates if we were considering someone else from this division.

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

I have no experience or expertise in this field but what you say aligns with my take on it. It is not as if Stuart Webber was forced to resign by his peers, the majority shareholders are on record as being devastated by his resignation and there is a long notice period to work. I am not a fan of Stuart Webber the man/person, but I have no issues with him in respect of his professionalism so I worked on the assumption that he and Wagner will continue to work through the list of agreed targets until the transfer window closes and by then the parallel process of finding his  successor will be well under way...........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I have no experience or expertise in this field but what you say aligns with my take on it. It is not as if Stuart Webber was forced to resign by his peers, the majority shareholders are on record as being devastated by his resignation and there is a long notice period to work. I am not a fan of Stuart Webber the man/person, but I have no issues with him in respect of his professionalism so I worked on the assumption that he and Wagner will continue to work through the list of agreed targets until the transfer window closes and by then the parallel process of finding his  successor will be well under way...........

I do wonder if there is something to the idea that the club were hoping to get him to change his mind- it may explain the delay in actually announcing him leaving. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, danielsroundabout said:

Webber's time at the club is very much a tale of two halves, wonderfully successful initially and pretty woeful thereafter. It strikes me a little unusual that he remains in place working his notice. Here, we have a man structuring our rebuild and then leaving before we get to judge the results. That he is strongly rumoured to be joining a Championship rival makes his presence even more questionable. A previous post on this thread was critical of our owners for not following the lead of other listed clubs in not chasing success with more (borrowed?) cash. Could it be that the manner in which £55m. was sprayed up the wall two seasons ago, has deterred them from that idea? Such terrible recruitment that the purchases were not only not good enough for the league for which we bought them, they were not good enough for the league to which we were relegated.

In a roundabout way dear Daniel, its a total cluster Fùçķ. The ego is just like a very bad smell lingering on and on. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Am I the only one that heard what she said as 'we've been looking but haven't had much success, so we're appointing an external agent with better knowledge of the wider industry to help out'?

I also think the further the next guy can appear to not be 'a Webber signing', the better in terms of getting the fans onside. 

Doesn't seem anything untoward to me at all but y'know, club-beating sticks come in all shapes and sizes.

So much for Webber's original statement that he'd ensure the succession plan for his role would be sorted before he left as he didn't want to leave a burden for Smith & Jones. The guy bull****s every time he opens his mouth.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So much for Webber's original statement that he'd ensure the succession plan for his role would be sorted before he left as he didn't want to leave a burden for Smith & Jones. The guy bull****s every time he opens his mouth.

Mark Aklom (mk2). Imposter and a waste 🗑 of space.  

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

We’re not talking about Jim the check out assistant at your local Morrisons here are we? 

there will almost certainly be a reason why they’ve had to wait that’s all I’m getting at 

Poor management skills / ability perhaps ?!

51 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Poor management skills / ability perhaps ?!

Read kingcanarys excellent post above 

I suppose this is slightly worrying on 2 counts:

1. Nobody has applied for the job yet who's blown their socks off in terms of suitability so that probably rules out all the names I saw on a list on here.

2. I thought Webber was supposed to be overseeing this?

45 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

1. Nobody has applied for the job yet who's blown their socks off in terms of suitability so that probably rules out all the names I saw on a list on here.

Possibly, possibly they just want to make sure the net is spread reasonably widely before making a call. It is also probably a very bad time of year if you're looking at someone in work.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought the idea was he would have a list of potential replacements but I personally wouldn't want him overseeing his own replacement. The only concern I have is due to the lack of a Chairperson/CEO, it maybe isn't that clear who is overseeing it. Zoe Webber/Ward isn't on the football side of things so I'm not sure she'd be best placed to make that call.

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I have worked with her - so quite well placed to have that view, I reckon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The woman at Thames Water has an impressive CV don't forget.

I reckon they were looking at Roy Hodgson as Delia is a long term friend. 
But with him now staying at Palace a Plan B is required 

1 hour ago, Leedscanary said:

I reckon they were looking at Roy Hodgson as Delia is a long term friend. 
But with him now staying at Palace a Plan B is required 

Now that really is the worst possible kind of endorsement!

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I suppose this is slightly worrying on 2 counts:

The Board should of been constantly looking at Replacements for Webber throughout his time here so they had a plan if he was to be sacked or left 

just the same as what Webber Should have been doing before sacking Farke

we were told they are constantly are looking at Managers around the world end up with Smith then Wagner 

it seems either lack of planning if DOF was to leave at any point or Directors have put to much trust in webber and he runs things and without him they are as a loss what to do 

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

The Board should of been constantly looking at Replacements for Webber throughout his time here so they had a plan if he was to be sacked or left 

just the same as what Webber Should have been doing before sacking Farke

we were told they are constantly are looking at Managers around the world end up with Smith then Wagner 

it seems either lack of planning if DOF was to leave at any point or Directors have put to much trust in webber and he runs things and without him they are as a loss what to do 

Webbers also been saying for years he’s not staying long and wants to get a job in Europe yadda yadda (all lies btw) so, yeah. A shortlist should always have been available.

Now we have to let a guy that’s going to be at one of our league rivals buy our players who will be in direct competition with him and trust that he’s made the correct choices with our money? To be a threat to the club he’ll probably join? And his missus is all involved in this and replacing him etc?

it’s a farce. If I were Mark attasiansqssino Id run away as far as I could or put my foot down. No other club would operate like this.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Webbers also been saying for years he’s not staying long and wants to get a job in Europe yadda yadda (all lies btw) so, yeah. A shortlist should always have been available.

Now we have to let a guy that’s going to be at one of our league rivals buy our players who will be in direct competition with him and trust that he’s made the correct choices with our money? To be a threat to the club he’ll probably join? And his missus is all involved in this and replacing him etc?

it’s a farce. If I were Mark attasiansqssino Id run away as far as I could or put my foot down. No other club would operate like this.

i Agree Webber has said he was leaving , wanted to leave , offered to quit etc so that is exactly when i would have looked at a replacement and said if your heart's not in it go ,

we should have a constant list ever changing of replacements of staff players etc so you are not caught on back foot 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i Agree Webber has said he was leaving , wanted to leave , offered to quit etc so that is exactly when i would have looked at a replacement and said if your heart's not in it go ,

we should have a constant list ever changing of replacements of staff players etc so you are not caught on back foot 

Has he ever done an interview we’re he doesn’t mention he’s not going to be here much longer?

That never sent a flag up to the board?