Feedthewolf

The Lion & Castle: opening 21st July

Spurs stadium has an actual brewery in the ground. Something to consider when they finally replace the city stand?!

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

Spurs stadium has an actual brewery in the ground. Something to consider when they finally replace the city stand?!

You want to replace it with a brewery?

The Nest / Strikers was a pub at the ground.  It closed and became Yellows, presumably because it wasn't a success as a pub/bar.

The Russell Allison lounge was opened for post-match drinks a number of years ago and was, generally, empty. I've no idea how many weeks they kept it going but I assume the cost of the extra staffing ended this project.

And now wer're trying again.

Was the project researched? Does the club know how many fans are likely to change their matchday routine?  Or have they just chucked a load of money at an idea that ticks a  "fan engagement" box?

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Absolutely. Let's hope that they don't still think East Coast IPA is proper 'craft beer'... 😉

When did Real Ale become Craft Beer Wolfo ? ....not accusing or blaming you chap just wondering when it happened, or is Craft Beer that mostly over hopped new stuff with silly names and Real Ale is still Real Ale. ?

It seems to me there is little have a moan at. Most other grounds I have been to have a take it or leave it policy when selling drinks. If you go to Argyle next season, you will find out why you don't ought to be mooaning.

11 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

You want to replace it with a brewery?

Couldn't organise a pissup in the City Stand, our lot

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

When did Real Ale become Craft Beer Wolfo ? ....not accusing or blaming you chap just wondering when it happened, or is Craft Beer that mostly over hopped new stuff with silly names and Real Ale is still Real Ale. ?

This is probably a good summary: https://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/whats-on/camra-difference-between-real-ale-13876872

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If it's only open on matchdays then wastage might be an issue in so far as choice of ales is concerned.

I expect the beers will be keg.

A venue that is only open one-day-in-fourteen is hardly likely to be serving cask ale.

As a lower Barclay season ticket holder I am pleased it’s not a free for all before the match, but it’s a good idea to open it to all after the game 

Hoping there might be more seating in there

Whatever the opposite of a beer snob is, I'm that. My general approach is the fizzier and more mass-produced the better! I get dragged to the beer festival ever year and I've yet to try something that I enjoy more than a nice, cold Birra Moretti or San Miguel!!!

19 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Whatever the opposite of a beer snob is, I'm that. My general approach is the fizzier and more mass-produced the better! I get dragged to the beer festival ever year and I've yet to try something that I enjoy more than a nice, cold Birra Moretti or San Miguel!!!

outrageous 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Have you tried the international tent out the back of the beer festival? Some interesting world lagers and fizzy, hoppy little numbers to be found out there. That's where I spend most of my time, to be fair.

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Have you tried the international tent out the back of the beer festival? Some interesting world lagers and fizzy, hoppy little numbers to be found out there. That's where I spend most of my time, to be fair.

You get less alcohol for your tokens in there, but I have tried a few in there.

• Like 1

I'm currently imagining the faces of the CAMRA brigade as I drink fizzy lager out of one of my beer festival pint glasses (40th, from 2017).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm currently imagining the faces of the CAMRA brigade as I drink fizzy lager out of one of my beer festival pint glasses (40th, from 2017).

Putting cash into CAMRA's coffers is hardly going to upset them!

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No real need for beer snobbery. Great attendance record.

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No real need for beer snobbery. Great attendance record.

The 40th beer festival tbf, not my 40th.

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The 40th beer festival tbf, not my 40th.

Still delighted that you are supporting it.

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Couldn't organise a pissup in the City Stand, our lot

If they ever do put a pub in the New City Stand (and as the majority of the male clientele who sit in there it are elder statesmen supporters).....Therefore may I suggest a good name for the new imbibing establishment and call it "The Brewer's Droop"....

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

People can drink what they want - but with excellent breweries on the doorstep you’d hope there was a good supply of local stuff.  I’m not a beer snob and will drink whatever is on offer, but do prefer a decent pint.

I always remember this review given for (or at least hung on the wall of) my local decent hostelry…

IMG_1220.jpeg

That is the best worst review ever.

Sounds like a proper decent little pub there what's not to love 🤣🤣

I’m really, really not a negative person.

but I just have to say it.

I really can’t wait to see how badly the club c0ck this up 😂

I actually thought a new boozer was opening close to the ground, dammit. So this is a bar replacing a bar inside the ground ?

Ok so read it properly, can be acessed from outside the ground. Sounds very much like the american way of making more of a day experience rather than 90 mins. 

Good luck to em, always wondered why a proper bar wasnt in the ground. Just need one for everystand now.

Edited by Wibble

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m really, really not a negative person.

but I just have to say it.

I really can’t wait to see how badly the club c0ck this up 😂

It'll all end in beers....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

That is the best worst review ever.

Sounds like a proper decent little pub there what's not to love 🤣🤣

Definitely is - part of a small chain for the ‘Big Smoke’ brewery down these parts - their Solaris is an extremely nice pint.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

People can drink what they want - but with excellent breweries on the doorstep you’d hope there was a good supply of local stuff.  I’m not a beer snob and will drink whatever is on offer, but do prefer a decent pint.

I always remember this review given for (or at least hung on the wall of) my local decent hostelry…

IMG_1220.jpeg

Where was this branston? 

16 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Where was this branston? 

Antelope in Surbiton - the Big Smoke brewery was started there in 2014 in disused stables, but rhey moved that bit to Esher 5 years later.

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Antelope in Surbiton - the Big Smoke brewery was started there in 2014 in disused stables, but rhey moved that bit to Esher 5 years later.

Nice I’m not a million miles away from there, love a local brewery