TheGoogler

Peterborough's Jack Taylor

I see that Ipswich have had three bids for Peterborough's Jack Taylor rejected. They also tried to sign him last season. I'd love to see us hijack this deal.

He's 6' 1, 24 years of age, scored 9 goals and provided 6 assists last season. 11 yellows too. A proper all action, all round midfielder. When was the last time we had one of those? Howson?

Peterborough are publicly saying they want £10m for him - but I think he'd be the sort of player whose development over the last couple of seasons would mean he'd be comfortably worth £20m/£30m if he continues to improve at the rate he has. 

And the bonus of snatching a long term Ipswich target would just be *chef's kiss*

Edited by TheGoogler

He's 6'1" and tonnes of fun and he dresses to a tee

I would like to see it, even if it's just to fire up the binmen

Peterborough always put a premium on their players (see the Nunez thread,) but always sell in the end as they need the constant influx of money.

They seem good at finding/developing talent and then drive a hard bargain when other clubs come sniffing.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/peterborough-united/rekordabgaenge/verein/1072

Nearer £5m would be my guess. May be not even that, I know little of the player.

Splash out if the Nunez to Brighton rumour is for real?

Edited by BroadstairsR

Worth buying him if only to stop the binners from having him.

We could probably negotiate a loan going the other way to make the deal more palatable to Posh, but they do prefer cash.

If only we had a few million quid to just pee the Binners off for no other reason than ruffle their feathers.

If he fits in to the set up then I’d happily see us stump up the money, but I’m imparting trust in the rebuild being getting the right players in for the right jobs. I’d sooner see the money spent on a DM! 

3 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d sooner see the money spent on a DM

Why? Do we need one ( preferably two) ? 

• Haha 1

Gazump 'em let's start the season off on a firm footing and put that bunch of disillusioned, backwater boys and their over-hyped manager firmly in their place.

OTBC. 

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I doubt we'll buy anyone for £10m which should put this to bed.

Parting gift from Delia!

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I doubt we'll buy anyone for £10m which should put this to bed.

I'm joking, but it probably won't be anywhere near £10m as the market is the Chumps. Perhaps one of the relegated sides might fork out if he's the real deal. He's L.1. though.

Also, he might not fit our requirements with a defensive midfielder the priority. Would be nice to put a spoke in the works of ITFC though and there will probably be some sell on money should he excel.

I wonder whether there is any truth in the Ogbene stories for one of the additional winger spots. We have decent Irish connections now who might be able to persuade him in our direction. Gone off topic.

3 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Signed for the binmen for £1.5m, bargain

Binners mocking us for signing former Premier League players and theyre busy buying league one players

Hillarious stuff

I would rather have the likes of Sara myself a league apart from what they can sign 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Binners mocking us for signing former Premier League players and theyre busy buying league one players

Hillarious stuff

Bit of a simplistic view at it, to be fair. He’s a young up and coming player, moving up levels. For the rumoured fee it looks to be a bargain and we could well have used him in our squad. 

Annoyingly I fear that’s an astute signing for them. They are not to be written off this season as seen to be well run presently and on the up, in stark contrast to ourselves where there is instability, no obvious vision and we are signing older heads on way down. I hate having to state this. Hopefully they implode and we rediscover how to win before those derbies arrive 

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

Bit of a simplistic view at it, to be fair. He’s a young up and coming player, moving up levels. For the rumoured fee it looks to be a bargain and we could well have used him in our squad. 

Considering fans on here have been slamming Idah into the ground and then saying he's "not young anymore" I find it interesting that when Ipswich sign a League One player who struggled last time in the Championship as a "young up and coming player".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Considering fans on here have been slamming Idah into the ground and then saying he's "not young anymore" I find it interesting that when Ipswich sign a League One player who struggled last time in the Championship as a "young up and coming player".

Idah still fits that bill 

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Annoyingly I fear that’s an astute signing for them. They are not to be written off this season as seen to be well run presently and on the up, in stark contrast to ourselves where there is instability, no obvious vision and we are signing older heads on way down. I hate having to state this. Hopefully they implode and we rediscover how to win before those derbies arrive 

League one is a **** poor league , the championship is a massive step up from this , I wouldn't be too concerned just yet.

43 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

League one is a **** poor league , the championship is a massive step up from this , I wouldn't be too concerned just yet.

And they've just signed another leauge one player. They really are getting ready for relegation straight back down to that divison.