Looks like interested... Wouldn't say he's set the league alight tbf 🔥 

He got 8 goals and 4 assists last season,.more than any of wingers/midfielders, so imo he'd be an improvement for us.

Seriously i think good wingers for target men such as Sargent and Barnes will serve us well

We have no right winger. If he's cheap, makes a sensible signing to me for squad depth

OH NO NO NO-- Soon we will be Dads Army 

Edited by baldy09
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't think either of those are the answer, however. 

I'd rather give them the crack, especially if we already have the signs of a more experienced spine in Barnes and presumably Duffy.

Has beens XI - roll up all journeymen looking for a final paycheque. This is all getting worrying now- where is the up and coming talent? Looks like we can no longer afford decent players so have to go too young or else too old…

• Thanks 1

Unlike Barnes, Duffy and the Bournemouth lad this potential signing doesn’t get me going. However when you are shopping in Poundland this is what you get.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd rather give them the crack, especially if we already have the signs of a more experienced spine in Barnes and presumably Duffy.

I think we need to sign two wingers because I'm just not convinced by our current options. 

Hernandez is OK as an impact player and I'd like to see Mumba tried there, but Placheta is useless, Tzolis I'm unconvinced by, and I'm not sure if Rowe and Springett are ready.

By all means have experience through the spine of the team but not so much in the attacking and creative positions.

Ince showed a lot of promise whilst younger but not now, not here.

10 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Unlike Barnes, Duffy and the Bournemouth lad this potential signing doesn’t get me going. However when you are shopping in Poundland this is what you get.

We haven’t actually signed Duffy yet..

37 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Has beens XI - roll up all journeymen looking for a final paycheque. This is all getting worrying now- where is the up and coming talent? Looks like we can no longer afford decent players so have to go too young or else too old…

Oh **** off you miserable turnip 

we now have a real mix of youth and experience as much as you can’t admit it 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think we need to sign two wingers because I'm just not convinced by our current options. 

Hernandez is OK as an impact player and I'd like to see Mumba tried there, but Placheta is useless, Tzolis I'm unconvinced by, and I'm not sure if Rowe and Springett are ready.

Agree that Hernandez is an impact player. I'm not sure winger is Tzolis's best position, and whilst Placheta struggled under Farke and a team built around a nippy striker in Pukki, I think it's feasible, with a good pre-season, that his speed and stamina would make him a useful component in a press and it might be easier for him to have a tall striker to aim at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agree that Hernandez is an impact player. I'm not sure winger is Tzolis's best position, and whilst Placheta struggled under Farke and a team built around a nippy striker in Pukki, I think it's feasible, with a good pre-season, that his speed and stamina would make him a useful component in a press and it might be easier for him to have a tall striker to aim at.

Oddly, I found myself watching the Leeds v Norwich 3-1 “title winning” game the other day - Onel popped up all over the pitch and seemed very quick - people mentioned last season how he’d been more effective in his first season and I have to say I agree. If he can re-find that form in Wagner’s set up I’ll be happy.  Even if he is 30.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Oddly, I found myself watching the Leeds v Norwich 3-1 “title winning” game the other day - Onel popped up all over the pitch and seemed very quick - people mentioned last season how he’d been more effective in his first season and I have to say I agree. If he can re-find that form in Wagner’s set up I’ll be happy.  Even if he is 30.

That was his 1 game in 5 though mate, always been issue with hernandez he’s so inconsistent but bloody excellent on his day 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Hernandez has his spells, but I think he's most effective with his brand of chaos against tiring legs rather than fresh ones. I also think he's better thrown on when teams are sat back a long way as he's probably the one player we have who can dribble well in tight spaces.

His tendency to give cheap free-kicks away in attack when trying to put the pressure on is a regular irritant though.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm going to put my neck on the line here and state in no uncertain terms that Placheta is dreadful and will never be any use to Norwich City Football Club, unless he is tasked with hanging up the nets at Colney or something. 

Tzolis may come good, he has at least shown glimpses, but I still think it's unlikely.

• Like 2

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm going to put my neck on the line here and state in no uncertain terms that Placheta is dreadful and will never be any use to Norwich City Football Club, unless he is tasked with hanging up the nets at Colney or something. 

Tzolis may come good, he has at least shown glimpses, but I still think it's unlikely.

Tzolis actually seems to have a through ball in his locker. Remember him hitting a couple of great low raking ones in to Sargent, who was having some of his Bambi on ice moments, chances went missing and we all forgot about the ball that made the chance in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You may be right - but Tzolis and Placheta have been given not-far-off similar chances (Tzolis 24 apps, over the last 2 seasons, Placheta 34 I think, over several more), yet one is utterly written off and some seem happy to give the other continual chances.  I think given a run Placheta could yet be decent for us but he’s rather unlikely to get the chance.

Edited by Branston Pickle

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

With his burst of pace and acceleration across the floor he'd make a killer waiter for Yellows.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You may be right - but Tzolis and Placheta have been given not-far-off similar chances (Tzolis 24 apps, over the last 2 seasons, Placheta 34 I think, over several more), yet one is utterly written off and some seem happy to give the other continual chances.  I think given a run Placheta could yet be decent for us but he’s rather unlikely to get the chance.

That's because one has shown signs that he has some ability and the other hasn't.

Placheta deserves no more chances. Tzolis maybe deserves another, but I wouldn't be sad to see him leave.