Sign in to follow this  
tsj1999

Aarons and Omobamidele to be sold

Michael Bailey has given us the first Stu stuff. He says Aarons and Omobamidele are definitely off

Mkes sense really.  Good luck to both, Aarons needs to move for the good of his career, he has stayed before when he could / should have left.  Omobamidele is a bit more of an unknown quantity, but shows great potential.  Wagner favoured Gibson / Hanley and stil has them, be interesting to see if we bring in an experienced centre back as a starter...

Fine by me tbh, I was saying last year that we might be better off selling Max at that point.  Neither he or Omob had the best season but are still saleable - though you do need a buyer.

Issue is that both of them will probably go for about ten million..

No not each thats probably the combined fee from both of their sales given their form

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Both great young players with strong potential but the truth is you can pick up a functional centre half and right back at championship level and as long as you have players who can score/create goals going forward then you have a decent chance of competing for the playoffs.

• Like 1

Well if Mumba is to be our new RB, we are in the sh1t.

And if Omo goes, we'll be in the market for 3 x CBs.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

If he goes we should be in the market for 3x CBs.  If recent history tells us anything we won't be though ...

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wagner has already said Mumba will be played as a full back, despite the fantastic season hes had as a winger and winning young player of the season in that position

Yeah not filling me with hope to say the least.. 

• Like 1

Gonna need at least two new centre-halves and ideally a much more circumspect left-back if Mumba's ear-marked to play at right-back.

Guess it confirms what many suspected after Wangers "We're playing Mumba at RB" comments. 

I'll be sad to see Max go but he needs to push on if he wants to play higher up the chain. We can no longer provide him with progress. Same goes for Andy Omobamadiele. If we had got promoted again this season I imagine both would have stayed/been kept if possible.

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wagner has already said Mumba will be played as a full back, despite the fantastic season hes had as a winger and winning young player of the season in that position

Ben Godfrey as a CDM anyone? 

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Stop being a tart 

a quick google search has shown me he’s not been playing as a winger but as a wing back so hold your horses boy…

1 hour ago, Barham Blitz said:

If he goes we should be in the market for 3x CBs.  If recent history tells us anything we won't be though ...

They’re probably daft enough to believe sorensen can do a job there 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One sticking point I have to mention, is that Wagner at no point said 'I will play Mumba as a full back'

He was answering the question of Bali's role with us moving forward as a WB or FB, to which he replied that he prefers to use the latter regardless of where he played this year.

We will definitely bring a right-back in.

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sounds like Sara, Max and Andy will all be sold. 

I'd hazard a guess at £50m for the 3.

I think Josh may go too. 

15 for Sara and Max, , 10 for Omo..

I can't see 50

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Let’s be honest here, we will sell anyone we can get a decent fee for as we need to cover costs for wages, running and any future transfers. No club out there will make offers on Hanley, Gibson or McLean, these are the bases of our club. I’m hoping Rashica will be sold off to Turkey for a decent fee and we can only hope Barnes brings with him his A Game.

But selling the family silver is pretty much the Norwich way under the current ownership. Just hope we get a scouting upturn on the last couple seasons and buy some quality players for the positions needed not thirty wingers again only to play two strikers on the wide areas!

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sounds like Sara, Max and Andy will all be sold. 

I'd hazard a guess at £50m for the 3.

I think Josh may go too. 

I'd be shocked if we sold Sargent, the fact Webber mentioned a reason for signing Barnes was getting more out of Sargent. Looking at it from a pure business point of view he'll likely score more than 13 next season playing in his natural position most weeks.

Sara too actually. Whilst he mentioned interest I don't think he was implying he'd be going at all. I think he mentioned that we might get tested but I think that's something along the lines of....if it's a club record fee we'll think about it sort of thing.

Andrew Omobamidele and Aarons were the ones he was softening us up for. 

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

15 for Sara and Max, , 10 for Omo..

Your valuations are wild. If Omo is attracting 20-25m offers 5 months ago why would we sell him for 10? Aarons closest bit almost certainly too high high and Sara wildly low.

• Thanks 1

"Now Andrew, I know you have been offered a contract that increases your wages by threefold, hands you a hefty signing on fee and means you will be playing in the PL, but we will be doing everything to block that move. If nothing, it will act as a signal to any other upcoming youngster that signing for us is not the best idea."

It does also calm some of the whiners on the Pinkun forum who are desperate to find something to slag NCFC off with.