Chichcan

May 19th Webber interview

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Must have more money than sense...

It's interesting bit of media to see the master, Davitt, still fishing around subjects like "the takeover", and the pupil, young Seaman, trying desperately to appear in the know. As we both know, unless it comes on an NCFC headed paper (or email), they know no more than us!

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It's interesting bit of media to see the master, Davitt, still fishing around subjects like "the takeover", and the pupil, young Seaman, trying desperately to appear in the know. As we both know, unless it comes on an NCFC headed paper (or email), they know no more than us!

Well, I think we now know one thing, shef. If Webber is talking to the media on May 19 then - fanfare and drum rollĀ - "THE TAKEOVER" will be announced just beforehand...šŸ¤©

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, I think we now know one thing, shef. If Webber is talking to the media on May 19 then - fanfare and drum rollĀ - "THE TAKEOVER" will be announced just beforehand...šŸ¤©

I'll hold you to that Purps! šŸ˜‰Ā šŸ™‚Ā 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Inference is itā€™s more likely to be players at this stage as the other stuff although all agreed is still subject to legal process ?

44 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes but which takeover? Could Webbers buy the new cat c shares for a preferential price and stir the pot? Or is it you Purple, you've gone and snapped them up!šŸ˜‰šŸ˜„

24 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Inference is itā€™s more likely to be players at this stage as the other stuff although all agreed is still subject to legal process ?

That wasn't quite the point I was making. MoreĀ that no-one will care aboutĀ what Webber is saying about transfers and mountaineering if the club cynicallyĀ breaks news of a takeover just beforehand...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes but which takeover? Could Webbers buy the new cat c shares for a preferential price and stir the pot? Or is it you Purple, you've gone and snapped them up!šŸ˜‰šŸ˜„

Curses, Indy! You've worked out my devilish plan.šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤©

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That wasn't quite the point I was making. MoreĀ that no-one will care aboutĀ what Webber is saying about transfers and mountaineering if the club cynicallyĀ breaks news of a takeover just beforehand...

Iā€™m really surprised if Webber does this interview without some really distracting feel good news announcement/s just prior, so Iā€™d buy this.
Ā 

Heā€™s presumably no interest in dissecting the last two years and so thatā€™ll beĀ needed. Iā€™m not sure announcing 1-2 signings is going to cut it.Ā 

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed the timing/need for delay Ā is interesting . Watch this space I guessĀ 

I honestly think the time for the 90% comment has run its course. If it was to do with him giving 90% of his life to the job then itā€™s fair enough, if itā€™s him giving 90% of his effort to his job specifically then itā€™s shameful. As he didnā€™t say either might be time to assume we will never know.Ā 

I donā€™t like Webber, I think without Kieran Scott his record speaks for itself and his public persona appears to me and very much in my opinion, to be arrogant and a bit if a ****. If he was great at his job it wouldnā€™t matter much, Iā€™m not married to him, but if he isnā€™t then the persona just becomes a vehicle to use to deride any supporters he still has. Attacking the manā€™s personality is not really worthwhile, his performance is far more objective. Much like Cantwell, when he was playing badly (ie all the time for us for 2 years) I found it perfectly acceptable to slate his performances. I did slip into a dig at his social media profile efforts, which I still find classless and tacky, but ultimately my gripe with him was that he just wasnā€™t very good at his job.Ā 

Cantwellā€™s 1/4 season in the epl gave him a 2 year free pass. Webberā€™s first fewĀ years gives him a similar free pass, but Iā€™d say his rope is running out for most, gone already for many others. If next season is not coming up trumps the he will go. I have some weird feeling that his interview will be announcing some kind of long term transition with SWĀ leaving and MA gettingĀ a new person in to take over next year ish. This is based on absolute conjecture and no insider knowledge šŸ˜‚

Seen reports that Webber is being interviewed at radio Norfolk today (potentially as we speak) ahead of broadcast tomorrow.Ā 

So sounds like each media outlet is getting individual meetings with Webber?Ā 

54 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Seen reports that Webber is being interviewed at radio Norfolk today (potentially as we speak) ahead of broadcast tomorrow.Ā 

So sounds like each media outlet is getting individual meetings with Webber?Ā 

Encouraging if he gets back to engaging properly . That was one of his strengths early on in his tenure .

I see that another member of the analysis team has left the club, it's been a pretty steady drip of losses in that area and I'm not sure they've been replaced. It seems a lot of the work these people do has been ignored mainly due to the ego of the coaching staff, who aren't exactly receptive to help outside their circle. It feels emblematic of the failures we've seen over the last few seasons, too many people 'ignoring the noise' and burying their heads in the sand instead of being willing to accept their weaknesses.

It'd be good if one of the journos put to Webber a question about the personnelĀ losses in these areas but I imagine it's more likely theyĀ only wantĀ to find out any transfer gossip + takeover news.

I'm concerned that none of the local journo's will wanna push him too much now the door is slightly open again for fear of being shut out again. Especially if he's doing individual interviews with them. Why risk losing a footing directly when others wont. To do individual interviews is incredibly smart.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, repman said:

I see that another member of the analysis team has left the club, it's been a pretty steady drip of losses in that area and I'm not sure they've been replaced. It seems a lot of the work these people do has been ignored mainly due to the ego of the coaching staff, who aren't exactly receptive to help outside their circle. It feels emblematic of the failures we've seen over the last few seasons, too many people 'ignoring the noise' and burying their heads in the sand instead of being willing to accept their weaknesses.

It'd be good if one of the journos put to Webber a question about the personnelĀ losses in these areas but I imagine it's more likely theyĀ only wantĀ to find out any transfer gossip + takeover news.

Lots of ostriches amongst the Canaries.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I'm concerned that none of the local journo's will wanna push him too much now the door is slightly open again for fear of being shut out again.

Jeez, he's not a sex offender, what kind of pushing questions are you thinking could be asked here?Ā  "Do you want the job, Stu?" is hardly going to cause a door being slammed.

Remember that the issue the club had was with a trusted outlet breaking story in regards to new ownership despite them requesting of it not to be released, that's completely different than sitting down and asking critical questions which is part of their jobs.

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Lots of ostriches amongst the Canaries.

Stop blaming the fans.

Or should I say other fans.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I'm concerned that none of the local journo's will wanna push him too much now the door is slightly open again for fear of being shut out again. Especially if he's doing individual interviews with them. Why risk losing a footing directly when others wont. To do individual interviews is incredibly smart.

A bit of a daft thing to say. Of course they'll be asking the difficult questions because they want stories and quotes and lines that will attract eyeballs and readership.Ā 

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thereā€™s going to be a lot of disappointed people on here tomorrowĀ 

In additional to those on here today?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thereā€™s going to be a lot of disappointed people on here tomorrowĀ 

In the words of Maurice Chapelan, un pessimisme n'est jamais dƩƧu.

• Thanks 1

Webber has given his InterviewĀ 

I have some Good and Bad NewsĀ 

First the Bad ...Ā  Delia and MWJ have left the club after many years a sad day for the clubĀ 

The Good News ..........the Takeover is complete !!!! .Delia & MWJ haveĀ Given all their shares to Myself and ZoeĀ Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

28 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Webber has given his InterviewĀ 

I have some Good and Bad NewsĀ 

First the Bad ...Ā  Delia and MWJ have left the club after many years a sad day for the clubĀ 

The Good News ..........the Takeover is complete !!!! .Delia & MWJ haveĀ Given all their shares to Myself and ZoeĀ Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I would say Ha,ha but I heard this mooted at the Blackpool match.