Chichcan

May 19th Webber interview

Has Webber answered why last summers business was so terrible? Or why Smith was kept so long or even appointed in the first place? 

46 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Has Webber answered why last summers business was so terrible? Or why Smith was kept so long or even appointed in the first place? 

Not really, no

Anti-climax, no surprise there.

I realised shortly into it that it was the first time I'd actually heard Webber talk.

He's a poor speaker, and it was quite an uninspiring and undignified performance in my book. At times, it sounded like a little boy talking about his stamp collection at other times it seemed to descend into rambling nonsense.

He showed no particular penchant for regretting the car-crash he had presided over, made a few excuses, did a bit of back patting and, all told, it was a disappointment.

It did all did nothing for me and my faith in the man is therefore a million miles away from being restored. 

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

That's so amazing its' almost unbelievable. So a bid of OVER £35M (think that's what Buendia went for) was tabled for AO???

We didn't reject a bid that size. He said a record for a defender. So £15m plus which is what I think we got for Jamal Lewis.

7 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

We didn't reject a bid that size. He said a record for a defender. So £15m plus which is what I think we got for Jamal Lewis.

It was Ben Godfrey in the 20-25m range.