cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Tangerines**

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Apart from the goal, this isn't too bad. I'd rather lose playing decent football.

Eh?……..decent football?……..am I missing something?

Just now, unique said:

Eh?……..decent football?……..am I missing something?

If you're missing it then I am too, pretty dire half. 

People far too often mistake possession for good football. 

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Me too. We are definitely in the minority on that though.

I'm not sure we can take anything from today's performance though, against a rubbish team for a game that doesn't mean anything.

Indeed. Context is key. We are knocking it about the pitch, dominating possession...against a League One club. And still losing.

OTBC

Yay, we’re a Watford goal away from finishing in the bottom half. 

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Indeed. Context is key. We are knocking it about the pitch, dominating possession...against a League One club. And still losing.

OTBC

Good thing we arent facing the binners next season or I would really start to worry.. Wait

Looking forward to the multi substitution on 70 minutes as Wagner panics.  His only tactic as far as I can see.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing we arent facing the binners next season or I would really start to worry.. Wait

Hard to contemplate, but right now we’d lose both home and away to them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cambridge, people can’t even be bothered to booo, it’s all so predictable. The club hierarchy have it so easy at ‘good ole ship Norwich’. With a free day off work for most and Pukki’s last game the timing couldn’t have been better. 

Haha radio Norfolk playing the audio of Ashley Barnes scoring! Subliminal messages….????😂😂

I also heard the other players score too! 

Pukki's off to HJK Helsinki apparently. I don't think he'd be good enough for them right now.

Edited by Michael Starr

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

More commonly, people who have no idea about football base their entire assessment on goals rather than looking at the general patterns of play. Norwich have been the better side by far and there have been some excellent passages of play with decent passing and movement leading to lots of half-chances which, on another day, would have flown in.

Pukki hit the post and had a good effort deflected inches over. The keeper has made a good save and they've ridden their luck. Ultimately the result makes zero difference. We're looking far more coherent than we have for weeks.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Well I'm at the ground and as far as I can see we have been totally dominant. Perhaps it looks different  to those at home. Good goal keeping and good fortune is about all the opposition have offered. Sometimes you go through long periods when you get less than you deserve. This will eventually turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Game has summed up the season, we don’t look that bad but no real quality or fight.

I was starting to get optimistic about next season but unless there is a complete overhaul of the first 11 we will be bottom half team.

the only thing I want from this game is a goal for Pukki, he deserves better than this

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

More commonly, people who have no idea about football base their entire assessment on goals rather than looking at the general patterns of play. Norwich have been the better side by far and there have been some excellent passages of play with decent passing and movement leading to lots of half-chances which, on another day, would have flown in.

Pukki hit the post and had a good effort deflected inches over. The keeper has made a good save and they've ridden their luck. Ultimately the result makes zero difference. We're looking far more coherent than we have for weeks.

True Petrix, but this is the case every week.

Predictable.

4 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Game has summed up the season, we don’t look that bad but no real quality or fight.

I was starting to get optimistic about next season but unless there is a complete overhaul of the first 11 we will be bottom half team.

the only thing I want from this game is a goal for Pukki, he deserves better than this

Pretty much the story of most the matches we have lost.

Start well, play well, miss chance after chance and sitter after sitter then the oppisition get one chance and score and our heads drop and we give up

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

True Petrix, but this is the case every week.

Predictable.

I agree that we have been the better team but we are playing against the worst team in the league. Which may be why it looks a bit better than the Swansea game, but not by much.

8 minutes ago, Petriix said:

We're looking far more coherent than we have for weeks.

That's not saying much and against a League 1 side, Christ how standards have dropped and far too many just accept it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Looking forward to the multi substitution on 70 minutes as Wagner panics.  His only tactic as far as I can see.

Well at least this time we can only bring Idah on, so it won't be a front four of strikers 😆

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Well I'm at the ground and as far as I can see we have been totally dominant.

I wouldn't disagree, at least in terms of possession - but we are playing a league one team at home, so I would very much expect this to be the case. The problem is, every time they've gone forward, we look like conceding. A simple ball over the top and we were nearly 2-0 down.

OTBC

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Well I'm at the ground and as far as I can see we have been totally dominant. Perhaps it looks different  to those at home. Good goal keeping and good fortune is about all the opposition have offered. Sometimes you go through long periods when you get less than you deserve. This will eventually turn.

I'm here too,  and what I witnessed in the first half was both full backs leaving the defence over exposed many times without anyone covering in and Blackpool playing us on the counter perfectly. 

We're understandably playing everything through Pukki and it's making it easier for Blackpool to defend against. 

WTF do these players do all week between matches?

Seriously, do they really practise their trade? Do they go anywhere near a football?

Is there nobody capable of organising this defence? It's hideous, organisationally (as usual).

The lads ain’t letting us down again. More positive news is Leicester City are coming to town again next season. Dean Smith take a bow, you never disappoint. I’m