5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Marquinhos plays on the right. Tzolis on the left. 

The choice is play Onel or play Tzolis. That to me is a simple decision.

Yes, Tzolis can't hold the ball or beat a man on his preferred left so having him on the right would be suicidal.

6 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Agreed. He looked amazing when he first played against Bournemouth in the cup. The talent is there. We just need to get him some fitness, form and confidence.

He looked good against a League Two fullback. 

Farke, Smith and now Wagner don't have some sort of vendetta against Tzolis. He's just nor very good.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, Tzolis can't hold the ball or beat a man on his preferred left so having him on the right would be suicidal.

He looked good against a League Two fullback. 

Farke, Smith and now Wagner don't have some sort of vendetta against Tzolis. He's just nor very good.

Is it fair to say Tzolis is your Lakey’s Snodgrass?!? : D 

22 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Is it fair to say Tzolis is your Lakey’s Snodgrass?!? : D 

No, that's unfair! 😀

Snodgrass was one of our best players and had goals and assists to back it up!

Tzolis has...some excess weight and that's about it.

• Haha 1

What people thoughts on him today?

For me actually looked good still thinks he lacks physical attributes but he has a great technique and an eye for a pass.

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

What people thoughts on him today?

For me actually looked good still thinks he lacks physical attributes but he has a great technique and an eye for a pass.

Linked up play better and for a longer period than in any other league performance for us. Took up decent positions. 

More alarmingly, did anyone hear the commentators say he's not been involved much recently and not been able to train properly has he's been doing his national service? You think the club would mention that in terms of managing expectations etc.

Another disastrous Webber signing. Never seems to have any impact on a game and I do not see any potential. It does not exactly help him to be part of a poor struggling team. P.S  On a similar point I have just checked with BBC Sport because I thought Idah came on as a sub after 65 mins. Initially thought I was mistaken as I cannot recall seeing him or his name mentioned.

Tzolis played 2 killer through balls in today's game, when he went off we lost that threat. First time I've ever said it mind, but if he can do that every week he'd have plenty of assists at the end of the season

• Like 4

Well tbf he hasn't been given game time and has been as poor as others that stay in the team, but looks a long way off being a £9m rated player

He seems to have done more in his game time than Marquinhos

14 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Looked our best player today

My goodness. We’re we that bad.

Tzolis looked more like the player I thought we’d signed today. He singularly had more impact on the game than Marquinhos, Rowe, Idah and Pukki combined. Taking him off seemed very strange, especially as his replacement (let’s say it was Idah) was a complete nonentity (again). 

15 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Looked our best player today

A bit of an exaggeration probably, but he was certainly far from our worst. As we get to see a little bit more of him, he strikes me as the kind of player who goes missing for long stretches of a game but then makes a potentially game-changing pass or has a shot on target. That kind of player can be a luxury, but so far IMO he's looked more promising than someone like Marquinhos.

13 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

A bit of an exaggeration probably, but he was certainly far from our worst. As we get to see a little bit more of him, he strikes me as the kind of player who goes missing for long stretches of a game but then makes a potentially game-changing pass or has a shot on target. That kind of player can be a luxury, but so far IMO he's looked more promising than someone like Marquinhos.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him as a ten, certainly isn’t Gibbs’ position

There's a talented player in there 

Certainly better than anything we have, folk won't agree though because he hasn't got a canary tattoo 

Edited by CDMullins

He looked decent I thought, didn’t offer much defensively but some real threatening balls and some good control at times. He’s clearly got talent if someone can work out how to use it.

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing him as a ten, certainly isn’t Gibbs’ position

Ten won't work..he needs space and he's more likely to find pockets drifting in from the left. I agree he's not a natural wide player, but neither was Emi and his best football came drifting in off the right.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ten won't work..he needs space and he's more likely to find pockets drifting in from the left. I agree he's not a natural wide player, but neither was Emi and his best football came drifting in off the right.

Ooop, you’re wobbling Hoggy… : D 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Ooop, you’re wobbling Hoggy… : D 

He had his best performance for us this evening. Its a low bar but its only right to acknowledge it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Tzolis looked more like the player I thought we’d signed today. He singularly had more impact on the game than Marquinhos, Rowe, Idah and Pukki combined. Taking him off seemed very strange, especially as his replacement (let’s say it was Idah) was a complete nonentity (again). 

I do wonder does DW actually know what he is doing? Playing Marquinhos to start with is a shocking decision as he is no better than any of our players. I really am not convinced he will do better next season,  based on the last 11 games. 

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

He had his best performance for us this evening. Its a low bar but its only right to acknowledge it.

Got your number mate. Next thing you know your avatar will be a photo of you looking like a blob fish wearing headgear… 

• Haha 1

I'd be looking for a buyer back in Greece, if we can get anywhere near what we paid then let the lad go home and have a decent career, he ain't having one here. 

Certainly nowhere near worth £9M and has been very limited so far for us but hes very slowly improving and I'd rather play him than Marquinhos who does b ugger all!

Still don't think he's a winger. Especially not in the way Wagner plays wingers. Maybe better in a Farke formation...

On 28/04/2023 at 10:56, king canary said:

Yes but letting him go was a huge mistake.

With Tzolis I can kind of see the argument for him in a more central role. He does have some vision, good touch, etc etc. Maybe a look at him playing off a striker is worthwhile.

What was the actual point in digging up and bumping this thread. 

Man on forum had opinion on footballer which turns out wrong. Stop the press. 

I also thought that Gibson was a quality signing at the time, on paper, think he's a bang average centre back. 

44 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Let's keep giving the bloke a chance until he's 35. 

The saga is getting boring. 

You’re not that new here as I’ve seen your posts a few times but come on… we love an Iliad; see  Cantwell. Todd, ref - Champ 2022/23 

Your local library should be able to assist if you get stuck. 

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

They inter changed a lot though, he wouldn’t stick to a ten (in my dream tactics ). He would be drifting left. Gibbs isn’t a ten and he needs to be playing deeper.

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What was the actual point in digging up and bumping this thread. 

Man on forum had opinion on footballer which turns out wrong. Stop the press. 

I also thought that Gibson was a quality signing at the time, on paper, think he's a bang average centre back. 

Because it was funny.

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Still don't think he's a winger. Especially not in the way Wagner plays wingers. Maybe better in a Farke formation...

Has never looked like a winger, number 10 perhaps. 

Was signed as a winger though, so another dreadful signing. 

Also has never looked to have the legs required for the Farke high press. 

We just have a sporting director with no clue.