Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Interesting! His goal per game average is mediocre at best, and he's more a winger rather than a striker. If there's one thing we're not short of it's wingers.

In our system, others will weigh in with goals based on the first few games,  the front man needs to be athletic and a presence. What is Idahs goals per game average?

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You mean like Cameron Archer who has had one season on loan scoring 10 in 20 games, and has just cost Sheff United £18m.

Well that is who the blades want.

You plan for the future and right now we need to plan for right now and have 2 strikers, excluding Barnes, who are young and showing pedigree.

Idah has had a career stalled by injuries and who knows how sargeant comes back. So another is sensible planning for now and thereafter 

1 minute ago, smooth said:

Well that is who the blades want.

You plan for the future and right now we need to plan for right now and have 2 strikers, excluding Barnes, who are young and showing pedigree.

Idah has had a career stalled by injuries and who knows how sargeant comes back. So another is sensible planning for now and thereafter 

And where do we get the £18m Sheffield just paid for the young striker who is "ready to bang them in", as you put it?

I assume we must be trying to do something "behind the scenes" else the proverbial powers that be would have said we've done all our business for today! 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not relevant here, we need a striker with Josh out injured and since he's looked so good this season we need someone who can come in and full his shoes. Everyone saying it's just a short-term thing is missing the point, Josh could potentially be out for 20+ games, that's 60 points potentially at risk by NOT acting.

oh cmon CW...60 points potentially at risk  coz Josh is injured and we may not be able to replace him?...60 points?...you dont seem to have  any confidence in the rest of our squad then by the sounds of that.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

f there's one thing we're not short of it's whingers.

Though many of them seemed to have slunk back over the border these past few weeks. Otherwise, we need a proper centre forward, not a deceptive No 9, or a hidden No 10. A No 11 who pretends to be a goalie. Nope, someone who scores - and here is your man

He has started the season brightly again, netting three times in his opening four league matches for the club. Relations over the summer have turned sour, however, and Sparta are prepared to sanction an exit for the highly-rated Czechia international, the reports suggest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Essjayess said:

oh cmon CW...60 points potentially at risk  coz Josh is injured and we may not be able to replace him?...60 points?...you dont seem to have  any confidence in the rest of our squad then by the sounds of that.

Indeed! We did after all manage another 3 goals after Sargent's departure last week.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

I assume we must be trying to do something "behind the scenes" else the proverbial powers that be would have said we've done all our business for today! 

You are right as Pinkun is normally tipped off to let us down gently around about now and they have been strangely silent today. My guess is that it is all connected with the flight from Bolzano yesterday afternoon. Hopefully tour of Colney, medical and paperwork.

Just now, RobJames said:

Though many of them seemed to have slunk back over the border these past few weeks. Otherwise, we need a proper centre forward, not a deceptive No 9, or a hidden No 10. A No 11 who pretends to be a goalie. Nope, someone who scores - and here is your man

He has started the season brightly again, netting three times in his opening four league matches for the club. Relations over the summer have turned sour, however, and Sparta are prepared to sanction an exit for the highly-rated Czechia international, the reports suggest. 

He's already been discussed and NCFC have already said they aren't interested "allegedly"

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Bournemouth apparantly want Daka from Leicester....assume we'll only get Moore if they sign someone...

Apparently going to AC Milan.

15 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One goal every 250 minutes for Norwich.

Actually it is 8 goals in 75 appearances, and I goal in 16 internationals

1 hour ago, Wirecanary said:

Problem is it’s all working now . Another striker goes down and you have to shuffle players around like Rowe where it’s working perfectly this may negate what works and the wheels come off… hence you want someone else to slot in and cause as least disruption to the system as possible. We should have had four strikers anyway we’re always been flying light especially when we let kamara go on loan. 

We do have more strikers to call on be it young! But where do you stop, if all you can get in is a loan of a mediocre striker who potentially won’t add anything is it really warranted? As for the number of first class strikers! We’ll we could have three four or five but injuries can occur and generally do in bouts on players in the same position, we should know as we’ve had it in our defence in the past!

Seriously if we can’t afford quality to improve what we have then go with what we have in my opinion. Still a few hours to go. So we shall see.

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Bournemouth apparantly want Daka from Leicester....assume we'll only get Moore if they sign someone...

Everything I'm seeing seems to suggest that Moore to Cardiff is more likely than to here ...

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

Everything I'm seeing seems to suggest that Moore to Cardiff is more likely than to here ...

We can be hope that you are right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

We are in our last year, so they have not ended

We've already 'banked' them before we got them in the form of a loan? That's what I understood from comments on here.

And if we haven't, where are they and what have we done with them?

9 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Good 

Well I hope Fassnacht has been practicing getting on the end of crosses this week with his bonce and feet. He's the tallest. The prospect of playing Gibbs or Nunez there feels absurd to me.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know, the idea of TWO big ****housing brickhouses up top with him partnering with Barnes is pretty funny.. Would feel sorry for the ref mind

I can't stand him when he plays for Wales but surely he's an upgrade on what some are suggesting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I hope Fassnacht has been practicing getting on the end of crosses this week with his bonce and feet. He's the tallest. The prospect of playing Gibbs or Nunez there feels absurd to me.

Leaving it late in the day now ! ,

Goals can come from anywhere in the team i know but that is with Sarge / Idah and Barnes playing upfront without them ,

i doubt the chances would be so good Nunez and gibbs will not hold the ball up as well 

47 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One goal every 250 minutes for Norwich.

2 a game in the EFL this season

Edited by BigFish

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know, the idea of TWO big ****housing brickhouses up top with him partnering with Barnes is pretty funny.. Would feel sorry for the ref mind

I'd rather we sign no one and rely on one of the u21s than sign Moore.

Can only hope the Finn signs

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

2 a game in the EFL this season

hopeful he gets a good run of games and scores a few more ,

before the sarge injury i did say this was make or break season really has to break through maybe cement a 1st team place ,

people say we are not trying to replace Sarge well if Idah is in double figure when he is back fit it is Idah's place to lose 

57 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

In our system, others will weigh in with goals based on the first few games,  the front man needs to be athletic and a presence. What is Idahs goals per game average?

Better than Lowes, tbh.