Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i would prefer Cannon who has scored in champs ,

maybe Ogwuru as well to replace Idah who we could then send on loan for a season ? 

then next season we would have Cannon Sarge Ogwuru and Idah if Barnes was getting a bit old 

i dare say Idah would score plenty for under 23's team but Ogwuru might have more potential 

Interesting that Ogwuru is classed as a forward not a standard striker so can play across the front line. Then Cannon is a conventional 9. 

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i would prefer Cannon who has scored in champs ,

maybe Ogwuru as well to replace Idah who we could then send on loan for a season ? 

then next season we would have Cannon Sarge Ogwuru and Idah if Barnes was getting a bit old 

i dare say Idah would score plenty for under 23's team but Ogwuru might have more potential 

How can people still think Idah will go on loan?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Probably on the assumption that several attacking options are coming in, however I suspect Idah will be in or around the first team this season, albeit I sit in the camp of shipping him out (if adequate cover is obtained).

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

New thread on this Man City player incoming from our friend cambridge. :classic_laugh:

Jeez. This whole new thread thing is just so unnecessary.

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

New thread on this Man City player incoming from our friend cambridge. :classic_laugh:

Hey if I don't make one someone else will and I'm big and ugly enough to take the hate for doing so😉

38 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think what has become clear is that we're in the market for an AM and a striker now. So much for no additions and for those people quoting management on this forum for saying no further additions weeks ago. ha.

BuT pAdDy SaId So In HiS lAsT pInKuN vIdEo 

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

BuT pAdDy SaId So In HiS lAsT pInKuN vIdEo 

Paddy is mostly wrong 🙂

10 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

That's wide of the mark 😜

We're very close to getting struck off this forum.

39 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

if we sign Cannon that will push Idah further down the strikers line 

include as i said the boy from Man city for the future ( subs bench )

he might be unhappy about that as he was next in line for the job 

once Sarge is fit again Cannon and Sarge will be going for that spot leaving idah 3rd choice i do not think he would be happy with that 

Not sure I can see us replacing our main striker with a totally untested 18yo at this point.

I'd be assuming, if this is true, some of our u21s must be heading out on loan.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Not sure I can see us replacing our main striker with a totally untested 18yo at this point.

I'd be assuming, if this is true, some of our u21s must be heading out on loan.

The man city striker is one for the future and Cannon is the Sarg replacement in the short term for the first team. Then they can fight it out to the death *unless we play 2 strikers and can rotate Barnes etc.

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The Manchester City lad is interesting. It could be that we are not confident of Barnes managing 46 games. 

I cant see the Ogwuru being in the first team this season. He hasnt made a senior start before, so I think he is very much in line for the under 21's pushing for senior football at some stage, similar to Lima's position, albeit the latter I can see playing in the first team later in the year.

50 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Paddy is mostly wrong 🙂

To be fair I don't think we'd have been making a move like this without Sargents injury. Paddy can't predict the future.

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be fair I don't think we'd have been making a move like this without Sargents injury. Paddy can't predict the future.

Correct. However it was a little premature of the club to start stating weeks ago they'll be no further movement in the window, when we were clearly short in a couple of areas. It would also seem they have a list of targets, albeit not uncommon I would be surprised to see 2/3 in through the door late in the window. I suspect one for Under 21's and two potential senior players..we'll know soon enough anyways.

Edited by jaberry2

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

No, but to so easily swallow the club's line about there being no action despite Sarge's injury was...naive? 

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No, but to so easily swallow the club's line about there being no action despite Sarge's injury was...naive? 

Maybe. Can't say it bothers me though.

Jesus, some people expect the club to give them a personal phone call before they do anything.

Its a business, they don't need pink un users say so to carry out business.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Jesus, some people expect the club to give them a personal phone call before they do anything.

Its a business, they don't need pink un users say so to carry out business.

So they bloody should! 

31 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Correct. However it was a little premature of the club to start stating weeks ago they'll be no further movement in the window, when we were clearly short in a couple of areas. It would also seem they have a list of targets, albeit not uncommon I would be surprised to see 2/3 in through the door late in the window. I suspect one for Under 21's and two potential senior players..we'll know soon enough anyways.

Smoke and mirrors and all that

25 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Did the club ever say that so clearly? There were the usual comments about being happy with the squad, and that we were not anticipating any moves in, unless Omo was sold, but I don't remember Wagner ever saying we had definitely done all our inward transfer business. It is very rare that managers/head coaches are that categorical until the window is nearly shut.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Did the club ever say that so clearly? There were the usual comments about being happy with the squad, and that we were not anticipating any moves in, unless Omo was sold, but I don't remember Wagner ever saying we had definitely done all our inward transfer business. It is very rare that managers/head coaches are that categorical until the window is nearly shut.

Some people on this forum jumped on quotes from various sources within the club which apparently they said. I just suggested regardless of the situation at the time, there would be most likely be some incomings irrespective of any injury to any said player at that time.

29 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m inclined to think we were always on the lookout for options, and it ratcheted up with Sargent’s injury, despite the line being put out.  We weren’t likely to - out of choice - go with just two strikers and a makeshift option.

2 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

The don't "think", that is the problem. They just have a desire to drive him out of the club. If a new signing scored twice and got an assist largely off the bench they would be raving.