Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

22 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s integral to the way we currently play and one of the most consistent performers we have at this level, would be mad to let him go.

Totally - it’s odd that so many can’t see it.

Meanwhile, isn’t it Sky who told us that Sargent was off to Leeds a couple of weeks ago?

• Like 1

Leeds have 4m bid for kenny rejected.  Didn't he sign a recent extension and is playing captain.to a rival its gonna have to be at least double that even at 31.

51 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Leeds have 4m bid for kenny rejected.  Didn't he sign a recent extension and is playing captain.to a rival its gonna have to be at least double that even at 31.

Ask a load of fans on here and half the time they don't think he's championship quality and we'd never get a fee for him.

Guess we should save ourselves the bother of limiting ourselves with such a poor midfielder and snap their hands off 😉

• Like 1

Early days I know but if we were in the bottom half of the table we would probably have taken the money. As it is, only a mad referee has stopped us being top with maximum points. 

Surely even Norwich City will realise that you don't sell your captain to a rival in these circumstances? 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

£4 million for McLean!

Idah scoring goals!

Worlds gone.

What next Placheta comes good?

17 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

What next Placheta comes good?

Turns into the best left back in the EFL 

Disappointed in Farke seemingly sniffing around and potentially unsettling our players. Club needs to tell him to get lost in no uncertain terms. 

29 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Just stop it. It’s getting out of hand.

I know it’s like when Martin O’Neill arrived and all of a sudden Daryl Sutch started to like only mildly s***.

If it were true and Leeds really wanted Kenny they would be offering a lot more than £4m. 

This also proves agent Webber isn't pulling any strings at Leeds, despite a few thinking he was heading that way.

The question will be, can we replace Kennys profile in the team with equal/ better with the money available and 4 days left of the transfer window?

I don't think so. I also think selling the current captain now would send the wrong message to both players + supporters.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

The question will be, can we replace Kennys profile in the team with equal/ better with the money available and 4 days left of the transfer window?

I don't think so. I also think selling the current captain now would send the wrong message to both players + supporters.

100 per cent.

• Like 1

Jan Kuchta on the radar, a striker from Sparta Prague. This makes total sense to me, Barnes is a shorter term option at his age. Sargeant is currently injured for an unspecified amount of time and Idah is still a question mark. Seems sensible to get another option in for depth and quality.

Edited by jaberry2

7 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Jan Kuchta on the radar, a striker from Sparta Prague. This makes total sense to me, Barnes is a shorter term option at his age. Sargeant is currently injured for an unspecified amount of times and Idah is still a question mark. Seems sensible to get another option in for depth and quality.

We await the Davitt thumbs down "Total rubbish" or thumbs up "No circus" verdict! But the EDP article makes the point that Wagner likes playing with two strikers, even if one is in a more withdrawn role, and if Sargent is out for a considerable time that leaves us with only two such, no matter how many goals are coming from elsewhere.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

We await the Davitt thumbs down "Total rubbish" or thumbs up "No circus" verdict! But the EDP article makes the point that Wagner likes playing with two strikers, even if one is in a more withdrawn role, and if Sargent is out for a considerable time that leaves us with only two such, no matter how many goals are coming from elsewhere.

I imagine Sargeant is going to be out for a minimum of a month you would think with his ankle injury. I wonder whether anyone (most likely AC Milan) are coming up in meeting our valuation of Andy O? Gone a little quiet on that front but wouldnt be surprised if something cropped up on him last minute.

17 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Jan Kuchta on the radar, a striker from Sparta Prague. This makes total sense to me, Barnes is a shorter term option at his age. Sargeant is currently injured for an unspecified amount of time and Idah is still a question mark. Seems sensible to get another option in for depth and quality.

Interestingly in the "tall and big" striker mould like Barnes too. Oh, and was banned for five matches for stomping on a players head..

Only issue I see is that last year he signed a multi year contract with sparta that's already 30 to 40 grand a week and so I don't really see us paying more than that even more so if it would be a short loan and not a buy

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Aside from never hearing of him before the YouTube montage suggests he is a good fit in current set up if a little too light evidence wise of him chasing everything down, which Sargent has done relentlessly since he joined and I think is his biggest attribute. Hopefully he is a genuine link as I do feel cover is needed, the high press can be incredibly fatiguing across a season 

Hopefully a genuine link as feel proper striking depth is needed. Hopefully we have the ££ available to do something.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

I'm a fan of Kenny McClean, but that doesn't prevent me thinking on occasions that perhaps we could get better than this midfield stalwart who rarely stands out, but is a consistent 6/7.

If £4m had been offered for him at the beginning of this window I would have considered it a terrific sale taking into account his age and limitations.

However, it would seem that he has blossomed slightly with the new approach adopted by Wagner and makes a good captain and is essential to the new system. The last sentence above is therefore particularly pertinent.

Keep Kenny says I.

4 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Hopefully a genuine link as feel proper striking depth is needed. Hopefully we have the ££ available to do something.

Super option who has clearly been watched by the club for some time. I really hope that this one comes off. Time is tight.

He'll cost a few million no doubt, but NCFC have been very good at playing the 'we are skint' card in recent years.

22 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I imagine Sargeant is going to be out for a minimum of a month you would think with his ankle injury. I wonder whether anyone (most likely AC Milan) are coming up in meeting our valuation of Andy O? Gone a little quiet on that front but wouldnt be surprised if something cropped up on him last minute.

No word yet, but if Sargent is out for two months he misses ten League games.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Thats a significant amount of time/games out which would warrant us dipping our toe into the market. Or potentially a loan option for the likes of Kieffer Moore of Bournemouth

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Apologies I didn't see the discussion above. But Pink Un report hasn't **** pooed it yet.

So can't have pooh (without h) but can have pooed. Okay.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed and with Barnes being used as a 10 and Idah described as “joint compromised” it wouldn’t certainly be a big boost to add some quality in this area . I’m not sure gibbs or Placheta can do what Sargent does as Wagner alluded.

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm a fan of Kenny McClean, but that doesn't prevent me thinking on occasions that perhaps we could get better than this midfield stalwart who rarely stands out, but is a consistent 6/7.

If £4m had been offered for him at the beginning of this window I would have considered it a terrific sale taking into account his age and limitations.

However, it would seem that he has blossomed slightly with the new approach adopted by Wagner and makes a good captain and is essential to the new system. The last sentence above is therefore particularly pertinent.

Keep Kenny says I.

I too am a fan of Kenny McLean. So much so that I spell his name correctly. 😉 <- winky emoji

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I too am a fan of Kenny McLean. So much so that I spell his name correctly. 😉 <- winky emoji

"McClean" does rather sound like a Scottish brand of furtniture polish..

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I've always had problems with the Scottish 'language.' It's the psychological effect of sharing a few drams with a highlander in Crainlarich (sp?) many years ago.

• Like 1