Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So now the prospect of selling Sara, Aarons, Omo and Nunez to be replaced by Ince, Barnes and Duffy seems real. Talk about selling the silverwear and bedding down for a few seasons in the lower realms of the champs- maybe even league one. There better be some incoming hope soon…

There is always the prospect of our players going and I get that but sometimes there is a lot of talk and nothing happens, i thought that Rashica would have gone by now and the same with Aarons.

3 hours ago, tricky974 said:

There is always the prospect of our players going and I get that but sometimes there is a lot of talk and nothing happens, i thought that Rashica would have gone by now and the same with Aarons.

The Turkish season only finished yesterday and Aarons is away on international duty.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

The Turkish season only finished yesterday and Aarons is away on international duty.

I know that Turkish season only finished yesterday but Gala were cooing over Rashica in the previous window and as far as Aaron's is concerned I thought he would have been gone by now as in previously with all the teams that have been linked 👍

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So now the prospect of selling Sara, Aarons, Omo and Nunez to be replaced by Ince, Barnes and Duffy seems real. 

Only in your head.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Only in your head.

Pointless arguing the toss with this one. It’s only serial masochists (I’m looking at you @hogesar ;  ) ) that bother

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, repman said:

If Brighton want one of your players there must be something to them. I think Nunez's struggles last season came more from the fact that we were massively undercoached than him not adapting to this level. Put him in a side where everyone knows what they're doing I think he'd be just fine.

Brighton are interested in Norwich City midfielder Marcelino Nunez.

The 23-year-old footballer completed 40 games, converting 5 goals and 2 assists last season.

Marcelino Nunez profile is very similar to that Alexis Mac Allister, who is close to closing a deal with Liverpool.

The Chilean has a contract with the Canaries until June 2026, so a posible negotiation is around £12 million.

Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace are also sounding out the Chilean international.

47 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Brighton are interested in Norwich City midfielder Marcelino Nunez.

The 23-year-old footballer completed 40 games, converting 5 goals and 2 assists last season.

Marcelino Nunez profile is very similar to that Alexis Mac Allister, who is close to closing a deal with Liverpool.

The Chilean has a contract with the Canaries until June 2026, so a posible negotiation is around £12 million.

Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace are also sounding out the Chilean international.

Hes very similar to world cup winner Mac Allister. After all winning the world Cup is just like finishing 13th in the championship.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Pointless arguing the toss with this one. It’s only serial masochists (I’m looking at you @hogesar ;  ) ) that bother

You've got me bang to rights, to be fair to you 😉 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So now the prospect of selling Sara, Aarons, Omo and Nunez to be replaced by Ince, Barnes and Duffy seems real. Talk about selling the silverwear and bedding down for a few seasons in the lower realms of the champs- maybe even league one. There better be some incoming hope soon…

Your guff attacking the club is getting desperate now. Perhaps we should tell Aarons that after years of loyal service we will do everything to block his move..... so he can leave for nothing next year. There is no talk of selling the other three. But again I am sure if we were able to block their moves to wages far higher than we can afford, a nice fat signing on fee and PL football they will be happy bunnies at City next season.

You binners need to up your game.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of all the American cities he could choose to go to he would go to one in one of the most boring states

The guy lived in Attleborough and was happy enough 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Ah just quit it will yah? 

We've known Aarons is going for what seems like three years. Most people have been a tad harsh on Nunez - and now all of a sudden, recruitment last summer was amazing... guess folks will reverse their thoughts on Webber then?

I get what TY was saying, for me it's too soon to say as we are not even into the transfer window officially yet and it is known as "silly season" for a reason.

If we sell any players, we'll likely reinvest at least some of that, we'll have to. As pointed out, it is incredibly unlikely that we would go into a season with Hanley out until at least Jan, and not replace big A if he goes, leaving just Gibson, Tomkinson, Hills and perhaps Duffy to cover. Would leave us very vulnerable to injury and suspension.

Writing was on the wall for the last ten games of last season. Remove the experienced spine/core of the team and it becomes incredibly vulnerable, even from good positions. Barnes will help out Sargent and Idah both on the pitch and off it. He has a mentality and a physicalness he can pass on to them.

Ince isn't actually that different. He's a hard working winger. Bearing in mind that bar Hernandez, we again, have very little experience in wide positions.

Duffy for me is an ideal character to bring in too, has the experience, has played internationally and steps in to fill Hanley's boots who we may be unlikely to see much of next season.

Stacey could turn out to be an astute signing too. At 5'10" he is certainly taller than Aarons and is a bit more physical. At 27, he has more experience in football too.

They are strengthening the squad, so far I like it. It very much depends who leaves as to what we do next and what money we have can be spent on not just strengthening but improving our squad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tricky974 said:

I know that Turkish season only finished yesterday but Gala were cooing over Rashica in the previous window and as far as Aaron's is concerned I thought he would have been gone by now as in previously with all the teams that have been linked 👍

Window isn't open yet. 

15 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Did he? His kids went to a fairly central Norwich school...

20 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I don't know, just the idea of going to the MLS for that classic retirment option when you've got Orlando, Los Angeles, New York, Miami teams and you decide to go for the midwest is pretty funny

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

23 minutes ago, chicken said:

Did he? His kids went to a fairly central Norwich school...

He definitely did, as did Emi when he was here, my mate lived not far from them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

He definitely did, as did Emi when he was here, my mate lived not far from them 

I think it's just Gunn there now

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know, just the idea of going to the MLS for that classic retirment option when you've got Orlando, Los Angeles, New York, Miami teams and you decide to go for the midwest is pretty funny

Think Minnesota has a more Scandinavian/Nordic influence IIRC. Could be more Norwegian though, if anything.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think Minnesota has a more Scandinavian/Nordic influence IIRC. Could be more Norwegian though, if anything.

Where was Fargo set? Somewhere up there - North Dakota?

"Kinda funny lookin' ....."

15 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I think it's just Gunn there now

Gunn moved in as soon as Buendia left. I wonder if the club own some of the properties, Pukki's house is right behind it.

• Thanks 1

One of Pukki’s best friends in football Robin Lod plays for Minnesota and he’s Finnish.

In the relatively brief time he was here Ralf Fahrmann also lived in one of the block of four houses where Buendia and Pukki lived. Don't know whether they're owned by the Club though as at least one of them, possibly Buendia's, was up for sale on the open market.

7 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Where was Fargo set? Somewhere up there - North Dakota?

"Kinda funny lookin' ....."

I think it was North Dakota. The accent has a German /Nordic influence 

8 hours ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Gunn moved in as soon as Buendia left. I wonder if the club own some of the properties, Pukki's house is right behind it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ex player like Hucks that owns them. 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I hate to break it to people if they are unaware, but Norfolk is pretty mid west America equivalent.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I hate to break it to people if they are unaware, but Norfolk is pretty mid west America equivalent.

Usual for Utah, Normal for Nebraska. Middling for Minnesota…😜

• Haha 1