Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

John Terry

Smith has already appointed John Terry at Leicester which makes me wonder if he wanted him at Carrow Road and was refused. 

I've never had a problem with Leicester but any club who employs Terry deserves to be relegated. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Smith has already appointed John Terry at Leicester which makes me wonder if he wanted him at Carrow Road and was refused. 

I've never had a problem with Leicester but any club who employs Terry deserves to be relegated. 

No issues with Leicester either but what on earth are they doing hiring Smith, Shakey and Terry.

Can't help but feel Norwich may have refused John Terry entry to the coaching staff here, which may have created a few issues along with the appointment of free kick superstar whatshisface.

14 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Can't help but feel Norwich may have refused John Terry entry to the coaching staff here, which may have created a few issues along with the appointment of free kick superstar whatshisface.

I can see this being somewhere close to the truth. Smith explicitly stated that Terry had been to Colney.

It will be interesting to see the reaction on here if Smith keeps them up. It would be quite some achievement even over so few games!

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be interesting to see the reaction on here if Smith keeps them up. It would be quite some achievement even over so few games!

It's the easiest of the clubs to get firing though. They have some talent there still. Just need to get their main 4 firing.

Think it's a great appointment, I'd love for Terry to have joined up with Smith here as that's when Smith had his best stint as manager.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do you think? Even with Rodgers I'd have still fancied them to turn it around. Look at their squad then compare it with Forest, Everton, Leeds and Bournemouth. For sure, recent form has been woeful but they have the weapons to turn it on for a burst of games and get out of it.

I thought they'd stay up. Appointing Smith definitely makes me less sure,  but I still think they'll make it.

Wasn't Terry's first ever professional game for Chelsea, against us? After he had a rape case thrown out against him? I wonder if Delia played a part in blocking that request from 'Dean and Shakey'?

23 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Wasn't Terry's first ever professional game for Chelsea, against us? After he had a rape case thrown out against him? I wonder if Delia played a part in blocking that request from 'Dean and Shakey'?

So not proven guilty then.

Terry would have been the hard face of the management team. The opposite of diplomatic/nice Deano.  Might have done better if he had come to us with Smith and Shaky, but glad he didn't. Wouldn't want him anywhere near us. It just reinforces the Smith appointment as being wrong for the club. Thing is, most of us knew it......shame Webber didn't.....or maybe he did, but had no choice as he'd pushed himself into a corner by firing Farke and had to appoint someone.

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us

Why? 

We employed a man who gave his car keys to his drunk, uninsured brother who went on to have a head on collision with a medic who was left critically injured.  And you seemed happy to promote him as our manager?

This is why Norwich City are so small time with their fans attitudes like this

"I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club, glad we didn't get him"

What, a proven winner? Yeah so glad we didn't get him on the staff 🙄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

May be a proven winner but maybe less so in the decent human being department.

Best to stay well clear of ‘ characters ‘ like him as it usually ends in tears

Terry had left Villa in the summer after the 20/21 season saying he was looking for a managerial job as far as I remember. I doubt he would've come here 6 months later, however we're now a few years since that point and he still hasn't got a job as a manager.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Are you  a fan of Roy Keane too then ? 

58 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Small time or not I’m glad  I support a club that wouldn’t want Terry at it .

Winning is great but I’d always rather have a club and team that I’m proud to support. 
but then again  I’d also remain ‘small time’ by not wanting just anyone to buy the club. Some things  (such as human decency) are in my opinion more important than money or winning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Why? 

We employed a man who gave his car keys to his drunk, uninsured brother who went on to have a head on collision with a medic who was left critically injured.  And you seemed happy to promote him as our manager?

Perhaps I wasn't aware of his history when that post was made......

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ironically he probably needs Leicester to get relegated to get the job permanently. 

Fabrizio Romano reporting that Leicester want Benitez should they stay up.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ironically he probably needs Leicester to get relegated to get the job permanently. 

Fabrizio Romano reporting that Leicester want Benitez should they stay up.

That'd be funny, not getting relegated to keep your job. Smith can't even do that

Its a funny old game........

Edited by Greavsy
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, repman said:

Terry had left Villa in the summer after the 20/21 season saying he was looking for a managerial job as far as I remember. I doubt he would've come here 6 months later, however we're now a few years since that point and he still hasn't got a job as a manager.

Beat me to it. Terry had only left Villa a few months before Smith was sacked and ultimately ended up here, with the reasoning given that he wanted to be a number one in his own right. I doubt he would've been interested in coming here to be Smith's assistant so quickly.

7 hours ago, Bovril said:

I know he was acquitted of assault early in his career, maybe that's what you're thinking of? I can't recall there being a rape charge against him.

5 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

I know they're not the majority of City supporters, but one only has to witness the political beliefs and small-mindedness of fans at this site to realise how petty thay can be. 

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary

9 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

He is a thug. Glad he never came here 

Terry a thug? A violent criminal is what most people would label a thug. The same people would regard Terry as quite intimidating, but certainly not a thug.

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary

17 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Terry a thug? A violent criminal is what most people would label a thug. The same people would regard Terry as quite intimidating, but certainly not a thug.

He was a good centre half but  that's about it, maybe he's a good coach.  Pretty poor excuse for a human being though. Jog on John. 

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Terry would have been the hard face of the management team. The opposite of diplomatic/nice Deano.  Might have done better if he had come to us with Smith and Shaky, but glad he didn't. Wouldn't want him anywhere near us. It just reinforces the Smith appointment as being wrong for the club. Thing is, most of us knew it......shame Webber didn't.....or maybe he did, but had no choice as he'd pushed himself into a corner by firing Farke and had to appoint someone.

If we can't take sponsorship money from a betting firm, we really can choose not to have John Terry involved, imagine him helping the new players and their wives settle into the area.

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

So not proven guilty then.

True, but when employing a person you are allowed to weigh up the impact and decide not to employ a specific individual.  He is not great.......

Genuinely had JT come I would have felt differently about the club.  Dean Smith had no plan, but he projected himself as a decent person.

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

True, but when employing a person you are allowed to weigh up the impact and decide not to employ a specific individual.  He is not great.......

Genuinely had JT come I would have felt differently about the club.  Dean Smith had no plan, but he projected himself as a decent person.

Totally agree. 

I'm not a fan of JT as a person, but not giving someone a job because of something they weren't charged with let alone found guilty of would be an employment lawyers dream.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1