Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Over 20,000 have renewed

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Cambridge are away at Port Vale today so shouldn't you be thinking of hitting the road by now ?

Perhaps @Greavsy has gone to the O's today to meet Baldrick? It would be a step up from Dock Dastardly.

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Tipperary*  are away at Timbuktu** today so shouldn't you be thinking of hitting the road by now ?

Fixed  that Tillo 

* its long way 

**Tombacoutou nowadays, still in the middle of the desert.

To watch Stoke, Blackburn, Sunderland, Ipswich on an high,  and the rest run away with it. NCFC will be absolutely nowhere, other than bottom 5.

54 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Creatures of habit with nothing else to do on a Saturday in Norfolk. 

Attanasio has a job on his hands 

I’ve plenty else to do and coming to games takes out the entire day; 23/24 is possibly my last with a s/t so hope it’s a better one.

• Like 1

I’m really beginning to wonder if the  club deserves the support it gets (team certainty doesn’t at moment).

I live away from Norwich but coming back on holiday for Easter so have decided to go to the Rotherham game. Despite todays pathetic performance the only place I can get 2 seats together is south stand near away fans.

fair credit to the faithful fans. 

The run of good results when Wagner arrived was well-timed with the renewal period, that’s for sure.

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Life in your binary world must be such fun........

Right on logic though it works both ways.

On 31/03/2023 at 10:51, CANARYKING said:

Says canaries.co.U.K.

There’s not much else to do in Norfolk on a Saturday afternoon to be fair. Had I still been living in London and had to commute again I wouldn’t of bothered but it’s as much a social gathering now as it is a football viewing 

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Right on logic though it works both ways.

Not really sure I get what you mean. There will be a multitude of reasons amongst the 20,000 renewals for renewing. We do not all renew for the same reason. I think to call 20,000 people "suckers" is lazy, just as officers at the club using the 20,000 renewals as a universal approval of how things are going is lazy. I can only speak for myself, I renewed, despite being fed up with Delia, Webber and co, not because I approve of them, not because I am a sucker but because the social side of attending games at CR is very important to me. As I walked away from the ground today I commented to my friends with whom I travelled and attended the game with "It is a miserable old day, the football has been rubbish but the company has been great, delicious fish and chips off the market (Ron's Fish and Chips) and a lovely couple of pints and a marble in The Vine...........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Not really sure I get what you mean. There will be a multitude of reasons amongst the 20,000 renewals for renewing. We do not all renew for the same reason. I think to call 20,000 people "suckers" is lazy, just as officers at the club using the 20,000 renewals as a universal approval of how things are going is lazy. I can only speak for myself, I renewed, despite being fed up with Delia, Webber and co, not because I approve of them, not because I am a sucker but because the social side of attending games at CR is very important to me. As I walked away from the ground today I commented to my friends with whom I travelled and attended the game with "It is a miserable old day, the football has been rubbish but the company has been great, delicious fish and chips off the market (Ron's Fish and Chips) and a lovely couple of pints and a marble in The Vine...........

Absolutely that is exactly what I meant. Just because people renew it doesn't necessarily mean they are happy with the football though the Club at times seem to make that assumption.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

There’s not much else to do in Norfolk on a Saturday afternoon to be fair. Had I still been living in London and had to commute again I wouldn’t of bothered but it’s as much a social gathering now as it is a football viewing 

TBH if going to football wasn't a social thing, what should it be? It's all social isn't it. @nutty nigel knows.

34 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

TBH if going to football wasn't a social thing, what should it be? It's all social isn't it. @nutty nigel knows.

In the beginning, like most, I went with my family. Particularly my grandfather and father, I have memories of sitting in the old south stand and the dirty old toilets with the sticky black step (my grandad refused to sit in the Barclay after he was nearly killed in a crush caused by away fans. I think he said was man United I guess would have been in the 60’s? I’m sure someone on here will remember it ) It was family social time. After they got too old to go I stopped for a while at the end of the 90’s. When I got the urge to go again I got my ticket in an area of the ground I didn’t know anyone, so I was only really going to watch the game and leave. Over the years those people around me became friends and made me turn up to games even when I wasn’t too in love with the club. So yeah it’s most certainly a social even even if it doesn’t start out with the intention to be one. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Always a difficult choice. Ron's on the market or The Grosvenor? Deserves a thread of its own 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

17 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Having watched that today, I think all of us who have renewed should be sectioned

Me in the pub after the game....>image.jpeg.b7940f7462d09df15421b41547ad05af.jpeg

• Haha 1

I haven't renewed.

The hour before each home game I kid myself into thinking 'maybe I should' and then the following 90 minutes confirms my decision. It's an awful lot of money to pay for what has literally turned into a weekend chore. You simply cannot play passing football without a No. 10. 

The support yesterday was superb.