Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Boro Away fixture change....

Will now be played on Friday April 14th at 8pm instead of Saturday April 15th at 3pm.....Coz Sky wants it on the telly-box....

This is relatively local for me. I had planned to take my younger son (6) to his first game, but it probably finishes too late to do that now, he'll be gutted.

41 minutes ago, daly said:

He can sleep through it 

Don't need him to experience any more nightmares

Edited by AJ

That will be a handy move for those who booked a train ticket... 

Club cabbage and a day off work for the brave ones.  I only hope you are rewarded with a performance.. 

Yet another opportunity to drink up the airwaves.  Losing to top team rather than a bottom developer at least not a surprise.  A stuffing that will see us falling further out of Webber promised Too 26 dream.

Is it just me or have the fixtures been the worst ever this year?

where’s the Saturday 3pms gone? Why do sky give a crap about us?

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

That will be a handy move for those who booked a train ticket... 

Club cabbage and a day off work for the brave ones.  I only hope you are rewarded with a performance.. 

I've learned that if you book advance train tickets for football matches it's best to do it through a company that offers full refunds.

Chiltern Railways does and there's probably others. 

13 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Ramsey getting at least a couple.

Is this not inevitable and will almost be the perfect way to bookmark the end of a season where we seem to find new ways to shot ourselves in the foot each week.

Edited by Ulfotto

This is exactly where a regulator should be stepping in and rejecting the movement of the game based on the fact that it is being moved when people have pre booked travel or hotels, the kick off time prevents more fans travelling and is being altered in less than a month before the original fixture was scheduled.  

10 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

This is exactly where a regulator should be stepping in and rejecting the movement of the game based on the fact that it is being moved when people have pre booked travel or hotels, the kick off time prevents more fans travelling and is being altered in less than a month before the original fixture was scheduled.  

The rule is four weeks' notice, and that has been followed, just. Anyone who books travel and accomodation before that knows they're taking a risk.

1 hour ago, Canary73 said:

The list of announcement timings is clearly available on the EFL website. The announcements have kept to those dates. It is your own risk if you ignore them.

• Like 1

That isn't good enough and is why a regulator needs to step in - the tv companies have too much say and it is time someone stepped in to put the fans first - saying those are the rules isn't sufficient.

30 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

That isn't good enough and is why a regulator needs to step in - the tv companies have too much say and it is time someone stepped in to put the fans first - saying those are the rules isn't sufficient.

So are you saying there should be no tv deals, so the funding system of modern football just collapses. A regulator is not going to do that.

2 hours ago, pete said:

Yet another opportunity to drink up the airwaves.  Losing to top team rather than a bottom developer at least not a surprise.  A stuffing that will see us falling further out of Webber promised Too 26 dream.

Peak pete. 👍

Edited by Nuff Said

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

So are you saying there should be no tv deals, so the funding system of modern football just collapses. A regulator is not going to do that.

It should have powers to levy penalties for a change of fixture, reimbursing fans for out of pocket expenses. 

5 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

It should have powers to levy penalties for a change of fixture, reimbursing fans for out of pocket expenses. 

But you only have out of pocket expenses because you booked your train before the timings were confirmed.

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The rule is four weeks' notice, and that has been followed, just. Anyone who books travel and accomodation before that knows they're taking a risk.

Exactly.

OK downside is that you may not be able to go and hotel bookings will be a little more expensive if a refundable option is taken up. If you can get a full refund on train bookings too I don’t really see there’s a problem.

14 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I've learned that if you book advance train tickets for football matches it's best to do it through a company that offers full refunds.

Chiltern Railways does and there's probably others. 

Is that advance tickets or “Advance” tickets? I thought it’s impossible to get your money back on those?

17 hours ago, Canary73 said:

Sky run football. Its their money that has it where it is. Us fans are now Customers whose ticket purchases are a very small part of a clubs income. 

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Is that advance tickets or “Advance” tickets? I thought it’s impossible to get your money back on those?

I think you're right. Just looked on Chiltern's site and it doesn't allow refunds on Advance tickets but you can pay a tenner to switch to a different date.

Maybe the full refunds I've had weren't advance tickets ?

• Like 1