cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Terriers V Canaries*

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't remember Wagner's Huddersfield p155ing about with it at the back all the time, walking with the ball or having to make 10 sideways and backwards passes before moving forward. I've said it before, this team can either play Farkeball or a much slower, stodigier version of Farkeball and nothing else. Big changes needed all over the squad in the summer or we might as well put all our budget into signing a no.10 and appoint another possession focused manager. 

I think we can all move on from the changing the manager fixes everything nonsense for a while, can't we?

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Someone said on here we only needed 4 more players to strengthen the squad.

I'd only keep 4 of this current squad.

McGovern and who are the other 3?

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think due to the two changes in the first half we had to make all our changes in one go- you're only allowed three stoppages for substitutions.

Maybe, but if Lungi and Sarge have come off, I would have thought Gibbs would be on. Unless McCallum's at left-back, Giannoulis is more left-wing and Tzolis has been told "wander, wander, fella!"

EDIT: Scrub that, BBC was slow.... McCallum's replaced Giannoulis and Gibbs replaced Lungi. That makes sense.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Krul was the leading individual last time I saw the stat.

I'm not claiming Hanley is making these. But he's got the armband, he's the senior man in the back 4 but they are constantly disorganised.

I'm not saying drop him and all our issues are gone- but he's not played remotely well enough to be guaranteed a start each week.

That would leave us with Gibson and Omobamidele as centre backs. Is that a better partnership than one with Hanley in it? In not saying it isn't, but I'm not totally convinced. 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Maybe, but if Lungi and Sarge have come off, I would have thought Gibbs would be on. Unless McCallum's at left-back, Giannoulis is more left-wing and Tzolis has been told "wander, wander, fella!"

Giannoulis came off and Gibbs did come on?

Edited by king canary

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That would leave us with Gibson and Omobamidele as centre backs. Is that a better partnership than one with Hanley in it? In not saying it isn't, but I'm not totally convinced. 

We won't know until we try is mainly my point.

Hanley and Gibson doesn't work, Hanley and Omobamidele doesn't work, I don't see any great risk in trying Gibson and Omobamidele.

Just now, king canary said:

Giannoulis came off?

Hence my edit. Following the BBC live text and it hadn't said Giannoulis was off when I typed.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I mean we could have not loaned out Tomkinson and given him ago with AO - couldn't be any worse at this point could it. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe Tony mowbray had a point after all 😂

He was spot on. We have to stop this madness. Why are we the only ones who can see it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

We won't know until we try is mainly my point.

Hanley and Gibson doesn't work, Hanley and Omobamidele doesn't work, I don't see any great risk in trying Gibson and Omobamidele.

I'm just looking forward to Tomkinson-Omobamidele next season. 

Meanwhile, according to the BEEB, Angus seems to be moonlighting in Hull.
image.thumb.png.a263997d1d512b326966fb529e02369c.png

It's amazing how bad it got under Smith that people quickly believed Wagner would be the solution. A manager who has been sacked from his past 2 jobs, his pressing game was good enough 5 years ago but football has moved on since then. 

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Pukki has definitely lost a yard of pace he couldn’t afford to lose.

His time has come, his contract length was spot on. Happens to the best of them.

I mean, unless he fancies staying on the cheap and spending a lot of time on the bench. Clearly we need to free up his wages for the rebuild.

And then I remember that we've given Idah a 5 year contract, and the idea or Pukki leaving, even this post-peak Pukki, still fills me with a bit of dread.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Just how bad has McLean been tonight???

He’s been at his usual best at being awful…

Difficult to escape the feeling that what we had two years ago was a bunch of deeply average Championship players lifted above their level by Buendia, Skipp and Pukki at his peak.

Has the feeling of the players can’t be arsed! They’re already looking at the summer holidays! Maybe it just needs a full on massive hanger this summer Lear out the losing negative mentality by getting rid of those players who’ve been here too long.