Sign in to follow this  
Don’t be Krul

Worst referee this season

We didn’t lose because of the ref. We lost because we were awful. Totally without ideas, guile or quality. 

we were utter garbage toady. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Even worse than Keith Stroud, that is some accolade. Not fit to ref a Sunday league game

Matched our Sunday League performance, was it one of the teams birthday last night? Played like they had all had a heavy night xx

It’s a close one - Stroud was all about him and seemed biased if anything (reporting our players for complaining at him missing a blatant penalty says it all), whereas I think Robinson was just poor but for both sides.

I would agree that it didn’t particularly influence the result other than one dreadful decision. Calling play back for a free kick to us on the halfway line just as we put a player through for a one-on-one is among the worst decisions I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

It’s always easy to blame the ref, yes they aren’t perfect but try doing it someday! I did it for a few years and it ain’t easy at all!

The ref doesn’t stand off attackers, let them have a free run at goal or fail to score does he?

There is so much wrong with the current squad that needs to be addressed rather than blaming refs for another inept performance

Not a chance he was worse than Stroud,  but clearly doesn't know the advantage rule, and gave some ridiculous free kicks for Sunderland after blatant dives by Aaron's and Hanley.

The ref broke the cardinal sin that you are taught when you do the training. 

Never ever guess. If you don’t see it , don’t give it. 

Robinson guessed the handball against Marquinhos in their box. There is no way in a million years he could see that. 

But decision of the day has to be the throw that went our way in front of the South Stand. It was approximately 2 miles out of play. 

• Like 1

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

But decision of the day has to be the throw that went our way in front of the South Stand. It was approximately 2 miles out of play. 

Quite so - but that the lino’s call rather than his. He was poor but consistent, and it didn’t seem biased.  But he did cost us pretty much our best chance of the game. 

Not playing advantage in injury time was criminal and he was very soft on a Sunderland team who set out to foul and disrupt.

Weak and inept 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canarycop said:

It was Tim Robinson.......enough said

Is it enough said? Never heard of him until today 😄

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Quite so - but that the lino’s call rather than his. He was poor but consistent, and it didn’t seem biased.  But he did cost us pretty much our best chance of the game. 

the Lino gives ball out of play decisions ? Well you learn something everyday Branston. 

I’ll chuck my referees exam in the bin. Do you still have yours ? 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Had one game on the Prem this year. 
That’s the 4th time we’ve had him in the league . 

Unless they're totally **** towards us, then I rarely remember them. He was just generally ****e, Stroud was biased.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Unless they're totally **** towards us, then I rarely remember them. He was just generally ****e, Stroud was biased.

Agreed. Stroud was the worst by miles this year. 

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

the Lino gives ball out of play decisions ? Well you learn something everyday Branston. 

I’ll chuck my referees exam in the bin. Do you still have yours ? 

??!!!

Do we think the Ref knew he was on sky today?

Id take a guess that he did

another crap wannabe celebrity ref

• Like 1

No idea why he couldn't be bothered to book half the incidents that happened. How both Lungi and their left back didn't get a card is incredible, and Clarke as well for trying to wrestle Lungi off the ball. Utterly bizarre display at times. 

He was equally crap from both teams perspective. The only positive thing to say is he didn't influence the result. Two very poor teams.

• Like 1

Stroud was worse ( he is the ref on wed against Huddersfield)

ref was shocking today but thats not why we lost 

Without fail, the narrative is always the same, and it's one thing that really bugs me about football fans in general, so not just on this forum.

Win = no comments on the ref

Lose = the ref was dreadful. 

It's always the same on here, after every match. 

However, for the first time this season, I think I have to join in. The ref was very poor today; he seemed to intentionally stop the flow of the game by preventing quick free kicks, he missed two or three advantages and on more than one occasion he just went to have a chat with a player who was time-wasting instead of booking them, which actually ended up wasting more time. And if Pierluigi Collina was watching, he would've had kittens about the six minutes of stoppage time; it should've probably been nine or ten.

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We didn’t lose because of the ref. We lost because we were awful. Totally without ideas, guile or quality. 

we were utter garbage toady. 

We lost today because Hanley dithered at the back yet again. If we hadn't fell behind we would not have lost. We cannot continue to rely on this guy. Time and time again ...

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

We lost today because Hanley dithered at the back yet again. If we hadn't fell behind we would not have lost. We cannot continue to rely on this guy. Time and time again ...

Well Hanley shows their player onto his left foot when he seems to be left footed. Gunn then leaves 2/3 of an open goal which surprise surprise the attacker then places the shot in. I'm glad both play for Scotland.

As some have said it's always easy to blame the ref when you lose, that's true.

But, refs do play a big part in the outcome of games, based upon their decision making and control. I honestly fear for the future of our game when today we saw a performance from someone who is deemed good enough to control a game at this level. He was really poor. Now, I'm not blaming him for our losing, we lost because we couldn't stick the ball in the net.

When you look at some of his decision making today, it was terrible. The number of times we see ref's play on just because a team retains possession after a foul against them, only for them to lose possession 2 passes later, and the ref doesn't bring the game back is scandalous. If you keep the ball only to be faced by 3 or 4 defenders you clearly do not have any advantage, and play should be brought back. But, like today you as ref should allow play to go on for a few seconds to see which way it is going to go. Clearly we were denied a golden chance by the ref not doing that today, he simply blew too early.

The one thing that really winds me up, and has done for several seasons now, is how the timewasting issue is handled. Even when being trained at the most junior level you are told to watch the ball at all times and not turn your back on players. Goalkeepers are a law unto themselves now days. Slowly wandering about, put the ball down to take the kick, decide it needs to be moved 3 millimetres to the left. It's even better if the ref has got his back to you. How long is a goalkeeper allowed to hold the ball before he releases it? I'll tell you, It's 6 seconds. Longer should be an indirect free kick from where the keeper was when the 6 seconds were up  How many have you seen given this season?...or any other season for that matter?

By the time he cautioned Pukki, three of their players should already have been booked, for fouls that deliberately broke up play, I think the pundits call it 'Gamesmanship', it's not it's blatant cheating. Another thing that doesn't get stopped is players preventing freekicks being taken. I noticed today several times their players going to the ref to complain about decisions, the problem was he made it a conversation instead of waving them away, and if necessary. giving out a few yellow cards. there were times today I felt the Sunderland players were running the game and not the ref. There was one time in the second half they had given away a free kick in a dangerous position only for one of their players to walk right in front of the ball and proceed to bend down and take some time to adjust his laces, no yellow card. Another thing that needs to stamped on is, when a team gives away a free kick, kicking the ball away. It happened routinely today, no one got carded. Until we get stronger refs who correctly implement the rules, and while the powers that be can't see what needs to be done I fear for the future of the officials. It will become the norm to have the likes of Simon Hooper plying their trade in the top division. It's jus not good enough, we, the fans deserve better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

OK shef you know I agree 👍 💯.  Sometimes. Today I agree with you. WE are not good enough to go to the next level.  Credit in the bank as people on here describe it.  Webber needs to be gone. Big time. We will not move forward with him. WAGNER is a good man manager/ coach  and honest person.  Webber already fuçķed over Wagner when he left through the back door at Huddersfield.  Wagner is being polite, just now. Remember he was out of work for over nine months. WEBBER needs this guy more than Wagner needs Webber  , that's without a doubt. 

Bad Day at the office today. AND that lump of turf that got dislodged and hit Max A heel 👠 was unfortunate.  (Snowflake) embarrassing  Max  get a grip.

13 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

As some have said it's always easy to blame the ref when you lose, that's true.

But, refs do play a big part in the outcome of games, based upon their decision making and control. I honestly fear for the future of our game when today we saw a performance from someone who is deemed good enough to control a game at this level. He was really poor. Now, I'm not blaming him for our losing, we lost because we couldn't stick the ball in the net.

When you look at some of his decision making today, it was terrible. The number of times we see ref's play on just because a team retains possession after a foul against them, only for them to lose possession 2 passes later, and the ref doesn't bring the game back is scandalous. If you keep the ball only to be faced by 3 or 4 defenders you clearly do not have any advantage, and play should be brought back. But, like today you as ref should allow play to go on for a few seconds to see which way it is going to go. Clearly we were denied a golden chance by the ref not doing that today, he simply blew too early.

The one thing that really winds me up, and has done for several seasons now, is how the timewasting issue is handled. Even when being trained at the most junior level you are told to watch the ball at all times and not turn your back on players. Goalkeepers are a law unto themselves now days. Slowly wandering about, put the ball down to take the kick, decide it needs to be moved 3 millimetres to the left. It's even better if the ref has got his back to you. How long is a goalkeeper allowed to hold the ball before he releases it? I'll tell you, It's 6 seconds. Longer should be an indirect free kick from where the keeper was when the 6 seconds were up  How many have you seen given this season?...or any other season for that matter?

By the time he cautioned Pukki, three of their players should already have been booked, for fouls that deliberately broke up play, I think the pundits call it 'Gamesmanship', it's not it's blatant cheating. Another thing that doesn't get stopped is players preventing freekicks being taken. I noticed today several times their players going to the ref to complain about decisions, the problem was he made it a conversation instead of waving them away, and if necessary. giving out a few yellow cards. there were times today I felt the Sunderland players were running the game and not the ref. There was one time in the second half they had given away a free kick in a dangerous position only for one of their players to walk right in front of the ball and proceed to bend down and take some time to adjust his laces, no yellow card. Another thing that needs to stamped on is, when a team gives away a free kick, kicking the ball away. It happened routinely today, no one got carded. Until we get stronger refs who correctly implement the rules, and while the powers that be can't see what needs to be done I fear for the future of the officials. It will become the norm to have the likes of Simon Hooper plying their trade in the top division. It's jus not good enough, we, the fans deserve better.

Evening Waz. Great post as ever . 

• Like 1

It's been years since I've seen a set of officials make so many minor mistakes (both ways) and of course one major one. We didn't deserve anything out of the game but Sargent was through on the goalkeeper when the ref called the game back for a free kick to us. 

Not just the referee, one of the linesmen was so bad the people round me burst out laughing on one occasion. 

The Championship deserves a bit better.