Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Worries about the ref?

Just seen him warming up. My 80 yr old dad doesn’t like the look of him. Says he looks like a little $hit that can’t wait to be the centre of attention on TV 😂

Anyone know who the ref is?

8 minutes ago, Michael Brown said:

Why would he kiss the match all on his entrance?

I thought that, what a tool!

Pisspoor performance from the ref, but it had no bearing on the ultimate result. I always thought Stroud one of the better refs but his most recent  games with us have been very poor.

I suppose we should be thankful the ref was irrelevant to the result because as usual Stroud was diabolical and loves TV cameras.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I suppose we should be thankful the ref was irrelevant to the result because as usual Stroud was diabolical and loves TV cameras.

Probably. However, I'm yet to see replays but the Burnley player looked very close to the line of the area when Krul his THAT goal kick, any part of his touching the line counts as in the area. And I'm convinced the third was a goal kick.

Add the blatant penalty we were denied and that useless f*ckstick was a very useful tool in Burnley's armory.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Probably. However, I'm yet to see replays but the Burnley player looked very close to the line of the area when Krul his THAT goal kick, any part of his touching the line counts as in the area. And I'm convinced the third was a goal kick.

Add the blatant penalty we were denied and that useless f*ckstick was a very useful tool in Burnley's armory.

The 3rd was a goal kick. Shocking neither the ref or linesman saw it. No excuse for the awful defending from the corners but shouldn't have been given in the first place, was good defending 

Edited by Fiery Zac

Did 2 games in the Prem in 2015 /16. Immediately sent back to the chumps and has stayed there ever since . Put bluntly , PGMOL  don’t deem him good enough for the Prem. Bearing in mind as a result of retirement the scarcity of refs has lead to weak referees like Hooper getting on the Prem you have to ask at what stage do they admit this shortàrse clown simply isn’t good enough ? 

The classic “contact” ref - if you go down you get the FK. If you stay on your feet you don’t . How a ref that’s 4ft 3 manages to get in the way of attacking moves so consistently is quite remarkable. 

He isn’t good enough. PGMOL know it. Football knows it. Only Stroud seems not to know. 

Why don’t they fast track some kids or ex pros instead of sticking to this shïthouse ? 

8 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

The 3rd was a goal kick. Shocking neither the ref or linesman saw it. No excuse for the awful defending from the corners but shouldn't have been given in the first place, was good defending 

I thought as much live, looked a clear final touch from the Burnley player.

Some folks need a reality check . Every week rubbish results have all been down to dodgy refs - really . How about an invisible midfield and a defence with all the positional sense of a dodgy satnav . 

Let's have Gibbbo and Omo in the heart of defence 

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

It was tight, but was clearly outside.

5 hours ago, Branston said:

Some folks need a reality check . Every week rubbish results have all been down to dodgy refs - really . How about an invisible midfield and a defence with all the positional sense of a dodgy satnav . 

Let's have Gibbbo and Omo in the heart of defence 

Do you watch the games. Omo was poor again. He seems to be going backwards.

14 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Did 2 games in the Prem in 2015 /16. Immediately sent back to the chumps and has stayed there ever since . Put bluntly , PGMOL  don’t deem him good enough for the Prem. Bearing in mind as a result of retirement the scarcity of refs has lead to weak referees like Hooper getting on the Prem you have to ask at what stage do they admit this shortàrse clown simply isn’t good enough ? 

The classic “contact” ref - if you go down you get the FK. If you stay on your feet you don’t . How a ref that’s 4ft 3 manages to get in the way of attacking moves so consistently is quite remarkable. 

He isn’t good enough. PGMOL know it. Football knows it. Only Stroud seems not to know. 

Why don’t they fast track some kids or ex pros instead of sticking to this shïthouse ? 

You'll often find me defending refs on here as an ex-ref myself, but I'm right with you on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the first half down the left, one of our players (Ginny?) had a dribble, let the ball get away from him then had a tackle with a Burnley player. When he got up the ref gave us a yellow card AND the free kick. I thought I’d imagined it but then others around me started discussing it. How is that even possible to be booked and win a free kick at the same time?

58 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

In the first half down the left, one of our players (Ginny?) had a dribble, let the ball get away from him then had a tackle with a Burnley player. When he got up the ref gave us a yellow card AND the free kick. I thought I’d imagined it but then others around me started discussing it. How is that even possible to be booked and win a free kick at the same time?

I'd forgotten that amongst all the other ridiculous decisions he made, but yes I'm still baffled as to how we got the free kick and a yellow.

The handball, their 2nd looked offside before the corner was given (can't find a replay of the lead up to the corner), their 3rd was a goal kick, the free kick we got that shouldve been advantage, the free kick Onel didn't get in the corner but then inexplicably had one given against us, Max (I think) being taken out off the ball, Burnley getting a free kick well after they'd given the ball away... etc etc

We were second best but we should expect a level playing field from the officials.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

It was for dissent, I think he was trying to get the Burnley player booked for the tackle. If that's true then fair enough. I think any player who does that 'waving an imaginary card' bullsh*t should be booked immediately.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Do you watch the games. Omo was poor again. He seems to be going backwards.

Little to choose between them . No fan of Omo but will learn -  Hanley certainly not the future . Neither helped by playing without a midfield and no protection since Skipp went home 

7 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

I think that one was because your man was fouled by still went through with his late challenge on Barnes.  Norwich free kick because that foul happened first, but the late tackle still gets a yellow card even though the ball is technically dead.

As for the corner they missed after Norwich's shot on target, that was really weird in that Pukki was either off the pitch so the ball was out of play, or he was on the pitch so he was offside.  Play had to stop wither way.

The ref was rubbish, no doubt.  Far too many "he has fallen over and I think he might have been touched" free kicks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I think that one was because your man was fouled by still went through with his late challenge on Barnes.  Norwich free kick because that foul happened first, but the late tackle still gets a yellow card even though the ball is technically dead.

The ref was rubbish, no doubt.  Far too many "he has fallen over and I think he might have been touched" free kicks. 

This and this.

The incident with Dimi was two incidents. Free kick for the foul and a yellow card for his reaction just afterwards (I thought it was his subsequent tackle rather than dissent, but the same logic applies).

On 04/02/2023 at 19:26, Matt Juler said:

It was tight, but was clearly outside.

I was still suffering under the illusion that the old rules applied, that the ball had to leave the area before it was considered "in play", in which case it was an obvious infringement. But they did away with that when they changed it to allow the kicker's team-mates in the area to receive the ball.