SwearyCanary

Call me crazy, but……

……..I think autos are still a possibility. 

Lots of ifs and buts obviously, BUT IF the blunts play as I’ve seen them the times I have seen them I can see them having a horrible run like we did. Momentum is obviously critical, BUT this league is not great. Burnley I think are making it no matter what, but I feel 2nd is there for the taking still. Alex Neil got us there and whilst I realise the playoffs is a bigger target to hit, this just feels different. 

A win on Saturday and I’m believing. Who is with me? (God I sound like Lakey of 18 months ago) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Lots of ifs and buts obviously, BUT IF the blunts play as I’ve seen them the times I have seen them I can see them having a horrible run like we did. Momentum is obviously critical, BUT this league is not great. Burnley I think are making it no matter what, but I feel 2nd is there for the taking still. Alex Neil got us there and whilst I realise the playoffs is a bigger target to hit, this just feels different. 

A win on Saturday and I’m believing. Who is with me? (God I sound like Lakey of 18 months ago) 

Your wobble head a give  ….. rearrange to come to your senses !

• Haha 1

There’s more chance you voting Conservative than an automatic promotion 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I Was thinking similar the other day, but i'm such a hopeless optimist.  Getting real, even if we won 7-8 in a row I don't see Sheff U dropping enough points to catch them. 

Simple fact, is that It's not about us anymore.  We just need to concentrate on each game as it comes and then look up in about 10 games and see the state of play I think!

Why 10 games?  Well - it's because we play Sheff Utd and it's a six pointer!! hahaha 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

You’re crazy. 

• Haha 1

You're crazy, but.

Anyway, Sheff Utd have a fairly tricky run of games coming up and they still have to come to CR. This being said, we'd have to be on incredible form and they (plus the teams still above us in the table) would have to go on dismal runs to get close.

It's not impossible but I'm actually choosing to look at the rest of the season in a bit more of a relaxed way. It feels like there's a plan again (even if we don't get up) and autos are almost so far away that playoffs seems the only way. Relax, play games without pressure, focus on us and see where we end up.

(Unless we do somehow get within 5 points of them. At which point TAKE IT SERIOUSLY FFS)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, daly said:

There’s more chance you voting Conservative than an automatic promotion 

Fair play. This made me chuckle 

Edited by SwearyCanary

There's 18 games left and I think we'd need to win at least 15 of them and even that might not be enough, since that would only get us to 87 and Sheffield are on course for about 92. Plus the home game against Sheffield would be an absolute must-win. Then we would need to get 12 points more than them over the other 17 games.

Very unlikely.

My secret ploy is to get in there early with an outlandish prediction to claim some kind of football genius level insight. Imagine if our plan was to actually go for it, win every game or bust! The journey would be incredible 

• Like 1

Just now, canarybubbles said:

There's 18 games left and I think we'd need to win at least 15 of them and even that might not be enough, since that would only get us to 87 and Sheffield are on course for about 92. Plus the home game against Sheffield would be an absolute must-win. Then we would need to get 12 points more than them over the other 17 games.

Very unlikely.

I like those odds 

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

My secret ploy is to get in there early with an outlandish prediction to claim some kind of football genius level insight. Imagine if our plan was to actually go for it, win every game or bust! The journey would be incredible 

The run of 82 coming along then. Norwich must have been in the bottom half of the table at this stage of the season back then but still pipped Wednesday to the auto spot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The run of 82 coming along then. Norwich must have been in the bottom half of the table at this stage of the season back then but still pipped Wednesday to the auto spot. 

It has to happen some times. Why not this time? 

I know we are definitely NOT Man City or Liverpool, but looking at leagues and quality of opposition they managed winning streaks of 18. Liverpool did a streak of 17 then 1-1 draw and another winning streak of some thing similar? 
it happens 

I’ll stop the hard sell now to take my meds and lie down 

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

It has to happen some times. Why not this time? 

Who knows, I remember the 1.0 win at Barnsley being a catalyst for the push. Saw us ease to a 2.0 win at the Baseball Ground then demolish Leicester 4.1 at Filbert Street (streaker on the pitch took a penalty) strange day a Hillsborough when we thought we’d blown it but then over the tannoy “congratulations Norwich City, you are promoted “ 

• Like 1

It's not over till its over, Have a look at these two

The old fighting spirit is back, we can do it. Suggest the faint hearted get off the bus now

Edited by PockthorpePete
  • Like 7

Spot on @SwearyCanary. I'm right there with you. We can always win the next game and see where that eventually takes us. 

Whatever happens this is not as far fetched as those whining about relegation a few weeks ago...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Whatever happens this is not as far fetched as those whining about relegation a few weeks ago...

It only stopped being far-fetched when Smith got sacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

It only stopped being far-fetched when Smith got sacked.

It was incredibly far-fetched even with Smith if we use the stick you used against our position at the time (bookies odds) 😉

57 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

You're crazy, but.

Anyway, Sheff Utd have a fairly tricky run of games coming up and they still have to come to CR. This being said, we'd have to be on incredible form and they (plus the teams still above us in the table) would have to go on dismal runs to get close.

It's not impossible but I'm actually choosing to look at the rest of the season in a bit more of a relaxed way. It feels like there's a plan again (even if we don't get up) and autos are almost so far away that playoffs seems the only way. Relax, play games without pressure, focus on us and see where we end up.

(Unless we do somehow get within 5 points of them. At which point TAKE IT SERIOUSLY FFS)

To be fair, between Shef Utd and us, most of the teams have been on dismal runs already. Weren't Blackburn 2nd earlier in the season? 

Agree with the missive that we should take each game as it comes and see where it puts us with 10 to go. Pressure has its own way of tightening the nerves of front-runners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

To be fair, between Shef Utd and us, most of the teams have been on dismal runs already. Weren't Blackburn 2nd earlier in the season? 

And we were 1st at some point too. My point was just that there's a few other teams that get a vote if Sheff Utd stack it.

There's always a team that goes on a charge second half of the season. Last time we were here, that was Watford- whilst most were worrying about Bournemouth catching us, it was them getting their mainly-PL squad in order and mounting a charge. OTD two years ago, Watford were 6th (admittedly less than half as far off 2nd than we are). Why not us this year?

I think how we look against Burnley will shape that

Definitely still a possibility as sheff Utd capable of a f ing stinker but as others have stated would take a monumental effort on our part 

stranger things have happened