hogesar

Preston Presser

With the Hayden deal i know we can not send him back but if we dropped him from the Registered  playing squad can we get another loan player in ?

we will have to pay him anyway and i doubt he will play again this season ( might break down again ) so no point being registered to pay 

Expensive mistake but at least it would free up a loan place for someone to play ? 

48 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Andrew Tate has sod all to do with anything - there’s many people who follow a-holes, mostly through ignorance/stupidity.

I will continue to call the Hayden situation  unlucky - there’s obviously a decent player in there. It didn’t work out for this season, but could easily have done and you’d have then lauded it as a successful gamble. I suppose the wider financial point is that we have to make such gambles at all, but all transfers are inherently a gamble of sorts.

Totally disagree with this, it would have been unlucky if the situation was the same as Aaron Ramsey who came here fit and unfortunately got injured and whom we have missed since he was injured. I am sure Hayden is a good player at Championship level but he came here on the back of a long term injury so signing him was a massive gamble that did not come off, as you say if the massive gamble had worked people would be rightfully praising Webber, the massive gamble appears to have not come off so people are rightfully criticising his decision.............

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

With the Hayden deal i know we can not send him back but if we dropped him from the Registered  playing squad can we get another loan player in ?

we will have to pay him anyway and i doubt he will play again this season ( might break down again ) so no point being registered to pay 

Expensive mistake but at least it would free up a loan place for someone to play ? 

Not a problem as the limit on loan players is, I think, 5 players in any match.

• Like 1

Good open presser, a breath of fresh air and certainly sparks some debate!

I can't accept this Hayden nonsense as bad luck. Ok the recurring injury might be, but not to have a termination clause on a previously injured player is pathetic and smacks of desperation to get him in the first place.

Byram long term injury again! Get rid in the summer,. there's nothing he can do that Sorensen can't.

Interesting that Wagner disregards stats when Webber has been working with the Yanks on precisely that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Thanks Herman, Bailey's view on Hayden's return is pretty damning. I truly hope we are not paying for his non-availability. 

I would be amazed if we weren't. We loaned him for the season - we will pay the agreed level of wages. I'm pretty sure that Tzolis's and Rashica's wages would have been paid when they were injured as well.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I didn't go much for his praise for Sinani, athough the player did turn it on a bit in the game.

A bit and that's it.

I don't think a team with Sinani starting is a top six team ... despite his varied succes at Huddersfield.

We have become used to better,

Just saying ... 😉

image.png.2615cb5d932a24d21ef8e0dff2af3db0.png

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I find this type of argument so asinine. Yes, shockingly, if it had been successful I'd be calling it successful. But it hasn't been and if you're the person paid significant money to get things like this right then you take the blame for when it goes wrong.

Yes all transfers are a gamble. But not all gambles are equal- if you buy a house that has no structural issues and it collapses then you're unlucky. If you buy one with clear structural issues you can't complain about bad luck when it falls down.

Asinine? Coming from someone who mentioned Andrew Tate as if it is relevant, that is quite some comment.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Asinine? Coming from someone who mentioned Andrew Tate as if it is relevant, that is quite some comment.

I said that his support for him made me less sympathetic to him, not like I was claiming it had something to do with his injury. Not relevant but hardly the key element of my post...

Just now, king canary said:

I said that his support for him made me less sympathetic to him, not like I was claiming it had something to do with his injury. Not relevant but hardly the key element of my post...

It’s part of the whole, though.  Why mention something you don’t consider relevant?  

We can agree do disagree - I consider us to have been unlucky with Hayden, you don’t.  

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Imagine , not being a fan of Stats (Hoggy), what kind of manager/ coach have we hired FFS.👏😉.

OK Hoggy , R.I.P Xg , this talk can only now be discussed on the non - football platform.  Hip-Hip Hooray 🙃

Shame on you! I'll still keep my xG thread. Maybe we can do an xG competition of Smith vs Wagner 😬

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I find this type of argument so asinine. Yes, shockingly, if it had been successful I'd be calling it successful. But it hasn't been and if you're the person paid significant money to get things like this right then you take the blame for when it goes wrong.

Yes all transfers are a gamble. But not all gambles are equal- if you buy a house that has no structural issues and it collapses then you're unlucky. If you buy one with clear structural issues you can't complain about bad luck when it falls down.

Top quality 📫 post, that tells it the way it is. I'm 😡😡😡😡😡

I can't find the Podcast just now . But it was webber talking with some journo about signing Hayden . He was half way up some mountain in 🇵🇪 Peru  , I think it was, and was doing the deal with Dan Ashworth .  Basically letting people know he never stops working. 

The moral of the story is concentrate on one thing at a time. Stu   it's impossible,  for you to Walk and chew gum at the same time. Disaster  of a very important  signing. Yet another big Fùck up.😡

Edited by Mengo

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Totally disagree with this, it would have been unlucky if the situation was the same as Aaron Ramsey who came here fit and unfortunately got injured and whom we have missed since he was injured. I am sure Hayden is a good player at Championship level but he came here on the back of a long term injury so signing him was a massive gamble that did not come off, as you say if the massive gamble had worked people would be rightfully praising Webber, the massive gamble appears to have not come off so people are rightfully criticising his decision.............

You actually do seem to agree though, that we have been unlucky with Hayden, which was pretty much my point. We’ve bought injured players before who have worked out extremely well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

Top quality 📫 post, that tells it the way it is. I'm 😡😡😡😡😡

I can't find the Podcast just now . But it was webber taking with some journo about signing Hayden . He was half way up some mountain in 🇵🇪 Peru  , I think it was, and was doing the deal with Dan Ashworth .  Basically letting people know he never stops working. 

The moral of the story is concentrate on one thing at a time. Stu   it's impossible,  for you to Walk and chew gum at the same time. Disaster  of a very important  signing. Yet another big Fùck up.😡

God, yeah I forgot that was the deal he did when away from his office up a mountain. Just goes to show ...

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I consider us to have been unlucky with Hayden, you don’t.

Of course we could look at it the other way?

Criticise him for signing Hayden who has spent a long while injured, but to be consistent, we must also praise him for loaning out Plachetta, Tzolis and Rashica who have also been injured for large parts of the season so far.

That would make it one bad call vs 3 good ones! 😉 The man's a genius 😃

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You actually do seem to agree though, that we have been unlucky with Hayden, which was pretty much my point. We’ve bought injured players before who have worked out extremely well.

Not at all, we were unlucky with Ramsey, Hayden was a massive gamble that appears to have not come off. A lot of people queried the signing of Hayden at the time, on the basis of his injury record/injury status............

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good open presser, a breath of fresh air and certainly sparks some debate!

I can't accept this Hayden nonsense as bad luck. Ok the recurring injury might be, but not to have a termination clause on a previously injured player is pathetic and smacks of desperation to get him in the first place.

Byram long term injury again! Get rid in the summer,. there's nothing he can do that Sorensen can't.

Interesting that Wagner disregards stats when Webber has been working with the Yanks on precisely that!

So being devils advocate, maybe Webber couldn’t win here. If there was a ‘ send him back ‘ clause, Newcastle would have wanted a recall clause. Now let’s say we were top of the league ( even top 4 ) and Hayden was the player making us tick ( many thought he would when we signed him ), can you imagine the abuse to Webber if Newcastle recalled him mid season. Any player or manager is a risk.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So being devils advocate, maybe Webber couldn’t win here. If there was a ‘ send him back ‘ clause, Newcastle would have wanted a recall clause. Now let’s say we were top of the league ( even top 4 ) and Hayden was the player making us tick ( many thought he would when we signed him ), can you imagine the abuse to Webber if Newcastle recalled him mid season. Any player or manager is a risk.

Quite agree WBB. Hayden was a calculated risk - some you win (i.e. Krul) and some you lose. Overall we've probably done well out of it finding out of favour or overlooked players in various leagues.

• Like 1

Finding it a bit hard to reconcile people saying the Hayden situation was not bad luck, because it was a gamble that didn't come off 🤨

Whatever the case, at the time of signing it looked exactly what was needed. A shame it hasn't worked out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Quite agree WBB. Hayden was a calculated risk - some you win (i.e. Krul) and some you lose. Overall we've probably done well out of it finding out of favour or overlooked players in various leagues.

Jarvis, Bryam and Hayden have been tremendous value in recent years. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Jarvis, Bryam and Hayden have been tremendous value in recent years. 

Nor it seems was Cantwell, Rashica, Tzolis. All risks.

oh how the memory deceives- When Hayden was announced it was for the vast majority hailed as a massive achievement. I do not recall any one voicing to much concern at long term injures- just frustration he wasn't available right away- don't let this get in the way of blaming Webber for everything though.

No one could have for-seen the extent of the injuries and it was likely at the time of signing he would be ready to play within 2 months. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ben_CANBC said:

oh how the memory deceives- When Hayden was announced it was for the vast majority hailed as a massive achievement. I do not recall any one voicing to much concern at long term injures- just frustration he wasn't available right away- don't let this get in the way of blaming Webber for everything though.

No one could have for-seen the extent of the injuries and it was likely at the time of signing he would be ready to play within 2 months. 

The wonderful thing about this forum is there is a search function...

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Krul springs to mind on that front for example.

49 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

This is my point.  The problem is that our financial circumstances are almost making us have to risk transfers we might otherwise avoid. I’d we’re lucky they’ll work our, if we’re unlucky they won’t.

Not sure what difference Webber being up a mountain makes to the Hayden deal. Would he have spotted he had a dodgy knee if he’d seen him in person? 🤔

Quite amusing reading some of those old comments 😉

Several, myself included, felt Smith was instrumental in getting Hayden in, with others insisting Webber gets the credit. We can beat both of them with a stick for this 🤣

Plenty calling out his injury history as well.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

At least Cantwell was a freebie.

Granted - but hasn't been worth his dosh for several seasons now (on another thread I suspect that's just becoming apparent to him - agree personal terms.).

Edited by Yellow Fever

I see he passed his medical so does anyone know the doctor's name so that we can have an accurate blame fest.

Unless of course....

Webber did a Geoffrey (when he signed Ron Davies) "if he fails the medical I'll sack the doctor".