hogesar

Preston Presser

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I see he passed his medical so does anyone know the doctor's name so that we can have an accurate blame fest.

Unless of course....

Webber did a Geoffrey (when he signed Ron Davies) "if he fails the medical I'll sack the doctor".

Have you proof of this. Did you see the medical certificate? Or did you just dream this , which was a nice dream at the time but now it looks like a nightmare scenario. Never mind, Wagner doesn't like stats   so could be on a collision course with Murky Mark , let's hope he gets us winning soon with basic good football and no Xg nonsense. Everybody will be happy when we start winning and  Big Stu is worshipped again as an out and out genius. Any bad stuff is soon forgotten. 🙃

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

How did Hayden ever pass a medical?

There was podcast from the Arsenal physio, he described the medical as a quantification of risk, no player is problem free, while a few have had it, most of them are a calculated gamble.  Poor old Hayden will not get many games in this season, and it probably explains why he came to us not somewhere higher in league.

10 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

There was podcast from the Arsenal physio, he described the medical as a quantification of risk, no player is problem free, while a few have had it, most of them are a calculated gamble.  Poor old Hayden will not get many games in this season, and it probably explains why he came to us not somewhere higher in league.

My gut feeling is you will not see Hayden again playing for Norwich.  

45 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Have you proof of this. Did you see the medical certificate? Or did you just dream this , which was a nice dream at the time but now it looks like a nightmare scenario. Never mind, Wagner doesn't like stats   so could be on a collision course with Murky Mark , let's hope he gets us winning soon with basic good football and no Xg nonsense. Everybody will be happy when we start winning and  Big Stu is worshipped again as an out and out genius. Any bad stuff is soon forgotten. 🙃

Proof about the doc? Kingo posted it on this thread. Michael Bailey's a PUP so if he says it that's good enough for me. 

Proof about Geoffrey Watling? It's that memory again. Tough to Google Norwich City stuff from way back.

Marky Mark won't truck with medicals. It'll be all about the data...

🙃

2 hours ago, king canary said:

The wonderful thing about this forum is there is a search function...

I don't think it's fair to criticise another poster for not having the foresight that I have. 😇 We can't all be extraordinary😃

Edited by Badger

Some players are injury prone, some are unlucky. We seem to sign an awful lot of the former for both the first team squad and the academy. This must be a tactic of sorts, to enable us to get slightly better quality when we take that risk that others won't.

Off the top of my head I can't actually think of a player who falls into this category ever really shaking it off and playing a full part.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Some players are injury prone, some are unlucky. We seem to sign an awful lot of the former for both the first team squad and the academy. This must be a tactic of sorts, to enable us to get slightly better quality when we take that risk that others won't.

Off the top of my head I can't actually think of a player who falls into this category ever really shaking it off and playing a full part.

Anthony Pilkington is probably the best example. Came here while still recovering from a broken leg and generally didn't have many issues afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Proof about the doc? Kingo posted it on this thread. Michael Bailey's a PUP so if he says it that's good enough for me. 

Proof about Geoffrey Watling? It's that memory again. Tough to Google Norwich City stuff from way back.

🙃

Unsurprisingly, Luton cashed in on their prized asset, selling him to Norwich City for £35,000 in September 1963, with Geoffrey Watling, chairman of the second-flight Canaries, so anxious to complete the deal that he told Davies: "If you fail your medical, we'll sack the doctor!"😉 no messing with Geoffrey👍😂

🙃

Go Nutty go, you love it. 

33 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Unsurprisingly, Luton cashed in on their prized asset, selling him to Norwich City for £35,000 in September 1963, with Geoffrey Watling, chairman of the second-flight Canaries, so anxious to complete the deal that he told Davies: "If you fail your medical, we'll sack the doctor!"😉 no messing with Geoffrey👍😂

Mengo, do you know nobody ever copied my work at Skool. I finished bottom of the class so often they called me Last Boy. You've made my day.🙃☀️

Geoffrey's medical was my fav ever but one of Justin Fashanu's was my second fav.

Over to you🙃

Mengo, do you know nobody ever copied my work at Skool. I finished bottom of the class so often they called me Last Boy. You've made my day.🙃☀️

Geoffrey's medical was my fav ever but one of Justin Fashanu's was my second fav.

Over to you🙃

Sorry call me last boy today , not coming up with any success on anything to do with medicals. Sorry.

Tomorrow  2-0 Norwich-city.  

McLean  and  Sara  ( both headers)

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Sorry call me last boy today , not coming up with any success on anything to do with medicals. Sorry.

Tomorrow  2-0 Norwich-city.  

McLean  and  Sara  ( both headers)

Justin's wasn't a medical. It was about another player who City paid a lot of money for and a tradesman who came to our house every day.

Good call on City and the scorers. I like Kenny and Sara. Sara is not the failure he's portrayed to be on here.

💛💚

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Justin's wasn't a medical. It was about another player who City paid a lot of money for and a tradesman who came to our house every day.

Good call on City and the scorers. I like Kenny and Sara. Sara is not the failure he's portrayed to be on here.

💛💚

We have to see how Wagner plays the game , because for sure there is a few underperforming but maybe that was down to coaching and training.  I hope that's what the problems are. If not , we are really in the Sh!t💩

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Herman said:

I assume it's something we had to agree on to get the loan deal done. But on the other hand we should have run away with a stipulation like that.

He wasn't actually injured when we signed him, just unfit. He needed a pre-season... and got injured at the start of it.

It's why managing players is a massive part of footy these days. Some players will push too hard to get back too soon and do more harm than good. It also feels like there was pressure from S&S too as that behind closed doors game arranged for him... Newcastle stepped in, checked him, and said "No, he's not ready yet." It looked like we thought he was.

It's not good for either side, and it's clear he's a handy player, tough. Would have been the answer if he had stayed fit. I actually think he would have been better at that roll than Normann... who looked good on the ball, but far more of a CM, than a DM. 

59 minutes ago, chicken said:

He wasn't actually injured when we signed him, just unfit. He needed a pre-season... and got injured at the start of it.

It's why managing players is a massive part of footy these days. Some players will push too hard to get back too soon and do more harm than good. It also feels like there was pressure from S&S too as that behind closed doors game arranged for him... Newcastle stepped in, checked him, and said "No, he's not ready yet." It looked like we thought he was.

It's not good for either side, and it's clear he's a handy player, tough. Would have been the answer if he had stayed fit. I actually think he would have been better at that roll than Normann... who looked good on the ball, but far more of a CM, than a DM. 

When you say stayed fit, I think he would have been the answer had he ever properly got fit. From his posts on social media, it's been holding him back even when he's been playing.

It's easy to immediately write it off as a Webber failure, and of course on paper it is,  but without evidence of the medical data we don't know how much of a gamble it was. We wouldn't have known if we signed players who had a 70% chance of suffering significant injury because of a previous issue, if they actually remained fit for their entire playing time here, for example.

5 hours ago, chicken said:

Almost anyone would be better than Normann in that role. Total lack of discipline.

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Over to you🙃

Drazen Muzinic (1980–1982) – 30 apps, 0 goals – £300,000
Signed from Hadjuk Split in 1980 by John Bond. Muzinik’s stay at Norwich was particularly unsuccessful, leading to team-mate Justin Fashanu’s apt but probably apocryphal quote: ‘I don’t think we got Muzinic, I think we got his milkman.’ Muzinic left the club when his contract was cancelled after his final appearance in December 1982. He failed to sign for another club and retired from the game. Whether he returned to the dairy delivery business is a moot point. Obviously an expensive disaster for the club. Gotta love John Bond, but this one, John? Really?

Edited by Mengo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

When you say stayed fit, I think he would have been the answer had he ever properly got fit. From his posts on social media, it's been holding him back even when he's been playing.

It's easy to immediately write it off as a Webber failure, and of course on paper it is,  but without evidence of the medical data we don't know how much of a gamble it was. We wouldn't have known if we signed players who had a 70% chance of suffering significant injury because of a previous issue, if they actually remained fit for their entire playing time here, for example.

Nothing new for us though, or any team. I remember us signing Neil Emblen who was going to be exactly that type of player for us only 20yrs ago. One injury meant he basically never really played for us. 

Edited by chicken