Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup FAcup thread V B'burnRovers***

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

I posted this before but hey....

Can't be a Sunday League full-back, that ball would have been honked miles down the pitch as soon as the first player got near him!

(Source: own experience of playing at right-back).

• Haha 1

Not sure I'm watching the same game as some (or maybe my standards a so low after the last year), but I think i's been an exciting performance so far.

DW isn't going to cut out the stupid mistakes in game one, but the ball is already moving much quicker and we're committing more men forward on the attack.

• Like 1

Sinani is brilliant. Well worth whatever inflated fee we paid for him and whatever ludicrous salary we give him each and every week. Excellent!

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Was that off his shoulder blade?

I’ve never seen somebody manage to head it on to their own back from a corner before but there you go 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Oh dear. Hugill, Dowell and Sinani come on. The three players in most desperate need to be moved on away from this Club. I suspect Wagner is giving them one last chance to actually do something rather just make up the numbers.

That might be why. Shop window time.

“After watching todays game David Wagner has made the surprise announcement of becoming player manager of Norwich City”

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not the worst half, but once again a feeble concession.  I do wish Onel had a bit more of an end product, the number of times he gets into dangerous positions is fantastic but without the final ball.

WE ARE NOT VERY GOOD.INDIVIDUALY OR AS A TEAM. HERNANDEZ IS 28,HE WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER. HANLEY IS NOT CAPTAIN MATERIAL.NEVER HAS BEEN.WAGNER HAS ONE HELL OF JOB TO GET A TUNE OUT OF THIS SQUAD.THEY ALL TALK A GOOD GAME,BUT TALKING AND DELIVERING ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEINGS.

46 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Sure I see Wagner with tears streaming down from his eyes- wishing he had signed on the dole instead

46 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Sure I see Wagner with tears streaming down from his eyes- wishing he had signed on the dole instead

I think you’ll find they are tears of joy….

Signing a 12 month rolling contract means his managerial reputation will be sullied by this group of misfits for a bare minimum period.

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

WE ARE NOT VERY GOOD.INDIVIDUALY OR AS A TEAM. HERNANDEZ IS 28,HE WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER. HANLEY IS NOT CAPTAIN MATERIAL.NEVER HAS BEEN.WAGNER HAS ONE HELL OF JOB TO GET A TUNE OUT OF THIS SQUAD.THEY ALL TALK A GOOD GAME,BUT TALKING AND DELIVERING ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEINGS.

YEP

What I don't get is bringing on Hugill, but taking a winger off in Hernandez.

6 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Not sure I'm watching the same game as some (or maybe my standards a so low after the last year), but I think i's been an exciting performance so far.

DW isn't going to cut out the stupid mistakes in game one, but the ball is already moving much quicker and we're committing more men forward on the attack.

It is better, no doubt about that. The ball is moving much quicker. But you can only comment on what you see and we are woeful in front of goal.

And I'm sure the home crowd would love to see a goal or two and a win.

Edited by keelansgrandad

Good news/bad news. Since moving house I can now get Radio Norfolk through my TV.

• Haha 2

Grant Hanley hits the post! He is Blackburn’s best player. Man of the Match!

Edited by kenfoggo

Teemu needs to stick his laces through the ball.  A few times today, he's been playing keystone cops trying to control in the box and then get the ball out from under his feet.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“After watching todays game David Wagner has made the surprise announcement of becoming player manager of Norwich City”

Wagner becomes first manager in history to invoke the '14 day cooling off' clause in his contract.

"It's not for me"

Sinani, Dowell and Hugill. It's like we're playing with 8 men against Hanley... I mean Blackburn

Edited by Michael Starr

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Wagner becomes first manager in history to invoke the '14 day cooling off' clause in his contract.

"It's not for me"

“Nice swimming pool, but it’s a no from me”

• Haha 1