Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Who’s Going Down (Premier League)

I’m not being lewd of course but who’s coming to join us next season in the Championship? Always thought Fulham and Forest would survive. Southampton and Bournemouth are looking very poor but no team (unlike us) looks absolutely nailed on for the drop. 

Teams like Southampton and Everton being relegated would make it almost impossible for us to mount a promotion challenge next year.. especially as there’s some big clubs in the champs already that will miss out this year, but appear to be getting there act together.

6 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

West Ham and Everton in bottom three, be a real shame if one of them came down 😁

And a real real shame if both of them came down 😄 

• Like 1

How I’d laugh if Everton finally get relegated. I’m still bitter about 1985 when they made no effort against Coventry and sent us down. And for nicking Mike Walker off us!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Teams like Southampton and Everton being relegated would make it almost impossible for us to mount a promotion challenge next year.. especially as there’s some big clubs in the champs already that will miss out this year, but appear to be getting there act together.

Disagree, Everton especially would be financially screwed. None of their players would have relegation clauses in their contracts. Bournemouth would be the bigger threat coming down.

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If Everton and Southampton came down it would be interesting to see how they played it.  Southampton have been posting big losses for years and Everton have been walking an FFP tightrope whilst financing a new stadium.  Both are potential financial basket cases without the Premiership TV money.

They might have to sell some big names but equally losing Premiership status for more than a season could have big ramifications for both.

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

All interesting, 90% had Forest screwed by the end of September. 

They're fortunate this is a historically crap year for the premier League, there are 8 teams with 1ppg or less this year! Last year it was 5 at this stage...

27 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

They're fortunate this is a historically crap year for the premier League, there are 8 teams with 1ppg or less this year! Last year it was 5 at this stage...

That said, they’ve nearly matched our points totals in both relegation seasons already. Decent investment to stay up never works hey.

Hope its Forest because if they survive the money they have spent will be the yardstick used by the media that any team has to spend to stay up. 
almost an admission fee to join the premier league. 

• Like 3

Forest will stay up as they have an outstanding manager. Everton will pull away again once Lampard is replaced (probably by Dyche).

Southampton, Bournemouth + A N Other for the trap door. 

9 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Forest will stay up as they have an outstanding manager. Everton will pull away again once Lampard is replaced (probably by Dyche).

Southampton, Bournemouth + A N Other for the trap door. 

Yeah Dyche might have enough about him to grind out some results. Everton's problem is that they haven't got anyone remotely close to replacing Richarlison. 

Dyche hoofball might work until Calvert-Lewen gets injured again.

12 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Teams like Southampton and Everton being relegated would make it almost impossible for us to mount a promotion challenge next year.

I mean, I think Everton would walk the league like Newcastle did under Hughton, "on loan to the Championship" if you like. 

But far less convinced about Southampton, basket case club who are in this position due to years of insufficient transfer investment. Finally spent this summer but the damage had been done and they recruited very poorly.

They'll come down with a huge wage bill so won't be able to add players unless they can strip some out, only player they've got that will get serious interest from serious Premier League outfits is Ward-Prowse and they'll be much poorer for losing him.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Southampton struggled down here like West Brom and had to embark on a complete rebuild.

Still think Everton have got enough quality to stay up if they bin the fraud and hire an experienced manager, should probably just get Allardyce on a short term deal, somebody experienced to dig them out of a hole. Or Dyche perhaps. They probably have a half decent squad for Dyche's style, some big units.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Does it actually matter these days?

All clubs outside of the top six are just there to provide the elite with points.

Should we CANCEL THEM, Batty Nora? Maybe it's COWARDICE to keep them in the Premier League?

ROFL

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Should we CANCEL THEM, Batty Nora? Maybe it's COWARDICE to keep them in the Premier League?

ROFL

Sniffed out eh fella?

One win and suddenly Forest are safe. They're not. You have to look at who they can finish above. Everton will be OK, so will Wolves, West Ham and Villa. Can't see Southampton or Bournemouth surviving, so them two and Forest for me.

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Unfortunately Everton never get relegated, no matter how useless they are. Just an iron law of football.

I'm sure they're preparing themselves already for a mass pitch invasion when they survive on goal difference on the last day of the season🤮

57 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

I'm sure they're preparing themselves already for a mass pitch invasion when they survive on goal difference on the last day of the season🤮

They’re playing Bournemouth at home last game. If they survive on GD it could well come down to Liverpool having beaten Bournemouth 9-0.  

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Still think Everton have got enough quality to stay up if they bin the fraud and hire an experienced manager, should probably just get Allardyce on a short term deal, somebody experienced to dig them out of a hole. Or Dyche perhaps. They probably have a half decent squad for Dyche's style, some big units.

I think there is almost as much chance of Everton reappointing Benitez as reappointing Allardyce 🤣

It would be the equivalent of us reappointing Hughton in terms of fan opinion....  Dyche probably falls into the same category.  I'm married into a family of Evertonians and people think that we are demanding in terms of stylish football - they are much worse.

But I agree their squad is just a forward away (a fit DCL or a new signing) from being good enough to survive under a decent manager.

3 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

I'm married into a family of Evertonians and people think that we are demanding in terms of stylish football - they are much worse.

I've never understood this. They haven't been stylish since the 60s, have they? Even their great 80s team was all about Southall punting it downfield. All that 'School of Science' stuff just baffles me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I've never understood this. They haven't been stylish since the 60s, have they? Even their great 80s team was all about Southall punting it downfield. All that 'School of Science' stuff just baffles me.

I didn't say it was justified - merely that it was the case ... 😉. Even when Moyes was doing relatively well they were complaining.

Although that is a little harsh on the 80s team.  They might have had Sharp and Gray up front but the likes of Steven, Sheedy, Heath and Bracewell were hardly hoofball merchants. 

• Like 1