Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Allan Russell

Interesting. Just seen his interview. Strikes me as a bit scary, not one to suffer fools (or lazy players) gladly. Sort of Old School; get them back on Mousehold Heath maybe?  😁

No idea how the players will react. Just hoping he gets a bit more energy out of them generally, a bit more pressing & making decent runs off the ball. But not expecting too much change tomorrow if I'm honest.

Still interesting though. Haven't seen the other guy at all so a completely unknown factor. I do get the feeling that the overall mood at Colney (& Carrow Road) will change. Let's hope it's for the better.

A very dour bloke. If fans wanted personality they won't find it with him. Only became animated when Southgate's name and his professional relationship with him was brought up.

My fear is that being coached by him will make things simpler, but whether as a player I CBA'd to deliver would be questionable. You do hope Weaver is a bit more "yin to his yang". 

10 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Interesting. Just seen his interview. Strikes me as a bit scary, not one to suffer fools (or lazy players) gladly. Sort of Old School; get them back on Mousehold Heath maybe?  😁

No idea how the players will react. Just hoping he gets a bit more energy out of them generally, a bit more pressing & making decent runs off the ball. But not expecting too much change tomorrow if I'm honest.

Still interesting though. Haven't seen the other guy at all so a completely unknown factor. I do get the feeling that the overall mood at Colney (& Carrow Road) will change. Let's hope it's for the better.

I personally feel he is the one to move Norwich  forward. No nonsense,  but let the players do what they are good at. Look forward to him and the other guy moving forward with these players. Norwich  should fear no one. Like it. Good presser , I know its words but there is something  about the way he handled this presser. He's been around. Good luck guys.

Edited by Mengo

21 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

A very dour bloke. If fans wanted personality they won't find it with him. Only became animated when Southgate's name and his professional relationship with him was brought up.

My fear is that being coached by him will make things simpler, but whether as a player I CBA'd to deliver would be questionable. You do hope Weaver is a bit more "yin to his yang". 

Lambert managed it and they both have pretty similar persona's to the media

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Nutty has just posted a podcast done by the club with Weaver. There is definitely some yang to Russell's yin so I am reassured. 

Liked Bailey's question about the drink driving incident, obviously making sure those bridges with the club are well and truly burned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting that he said he'd been told he was in charge for Reading and Watford, after that is the cup game vs Blackburn which won't be a priority either. I suspect the new man isn't anywhere near close to being decided.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, repman said:

Interesting that he said he'd been told he was in charge for Reading and Watford, after that is the cup game vs Blackburn which won't be a priority either. I suspect the new man isn't anywhere near close to being decided.

Either that or the new man has been decided but he wants a couple of weeks to find a house, schools and move their family, possessions and dog over before taking control? Easy if you live in the Midlands or London, difficult if you live in say Germany or Switzerland, which I presume is where Wagner currently living.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Wagner may also be on family holiday over the Xmas / New Year period. Remember the boy Smith completed his 'holiday' in New York seeing his son before parachuting into Colney. I have absolutely no doubt that Wagner will be unveiled over the weekend or very early next week.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

🤫👍yes hoggy. Correct. Two glasgow gangsters. Time for change. AS he says let the players go and believe in themselves and express themselves. Back to basics (remove information  overload ) and start playing football . Cmon the new Norwich City. Fear nobody. 

10 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wagner may also be on family holiday over the Xmas / New Year period. Remember the boy Smith completed his 'holiday' in New York seeing his son before parachuting into Colney. I have absolutely no doubt that Wagner will be unveiled over the weekend or very early next week.

I would have agreed with you last year but what involvement do the Americans have? I really can't see them being keen on Wagner (neither am I) and they have money riding on it. 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would have agreed with you last year but what involvement do the Americans have? I really can't see them being keen on Wagner (neither am I) and they have money riding on it. 

I don't think Attanasio has any involvement at this early stage of his tenure. I

Thought he spoke very well. He's on record as saying he does see himself as a manager at some point in his career, and he's unlikely to get a go at a Championship club for years yet.

Might be the 'on the up' character many are calling for. Interested to see what kind of animal he comes up with 

• Like 1

Allan Russell has been with Norwich a while as our set piece coach, yet I have seen no positive improvement in our set pieces. We rarely score from set pieces and we concede on a regular basis. 

Let's hope they can both have a positive short term influence on the players.

13 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

We rarely score from set pieces and we concede on a regular basis. 

Someone with the stats at their fingertips can correct me, but I'm pretty sure our record at defending set pieces is good this season. In the interview Russell said we were one of the best in the league. He did accept there was a lot more work to be done on attacking set pieces, though 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Allan Russell has been with Norwich a while as our set piece coach, yet I have seen no positive improvement in our set pieces. We rarely score from set pieces and we concede on a regular basis

Let's hope they can both have a positive short term influence on the players.

I think you'll find we've been pretty good defensively

26 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Thought he spoke very well. He's on record as saying he does see himself as a manager at some point in his career, and he's unlikely to get a go at a Championship club for years yet.

Might be the 'on the up' character many are calling for. Interested to see what kind of animal he comes up with 

The fact he said he was appointed by the club and not Smith should mean he stays on in his current role no matter who comes in. It'd be interesting to see if the club view him as a manager in the future too, succession planning can be a lot easier if you have someone already in the door who's next in line. 

I can’t believe no-one’s picked up on this comment:

But there's also an aspect of what are players good at? What have they been doing their whole lives that makes them good players? It's recognising that and putting a plan in place where they can show their personalities and show what they can do.”

Sargent on the wing anyone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanuts said:

Liked Bailey's question about the drink driving incident, obviously making sure those bridges with the club are well and truly burned.

Awful to see journalists trying to ask probing questions rather than just giving those in charge an easy ride.

Im actually a little bit excited by this. Far more than I have been by any of the tired old names being churned out at the moment. Many of the best managers have been of this persona, it just remains to be seen how the players respond.

Players typically start to perfrom when there is a new guy in charge, be it a mixture of guilt, new broom, relief if they werent happy, excitement, feeling of potential, need to impress.

So if he gets a good start, who knows. It doesnt feel like the club know who they want as the new manager - Russell has the shirt at the moment, could be that it's his to lose. Interesting

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Either that or the new man has been decided but he wants a couple of weeks to find a house, schools and move their family, possessions and dog over before taking control? Easy if you live in the Midlands or London, difficult if you live in say Germany or Switzerland, which I presume is where Wagner currently living.

Someone with some sense. 

Wagner lives in Mallorca

1 minute ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Someone with some sense. 

Wagner lives in Mallorca

Even worse then, its a shipping container jobbo, including I presume for his cars! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

For what it's worth though, whilst lapped up by fans, I think his comments about Reading are foolish and will backfire

I completely disagree.

It's about time someone started acting like this is a big club. Hopefully it rubs off on the players and we start getting the sort of confident performances that comes with with it.

• Like 1