Tbh I‘m not overly enthused by Wagner, I’d still prefer others, but if it’s him his record at this level is good. Give him a decent chance to see what he can do, see where we are this time next year.  

14 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

God no please! If the club want a coach capable of getting back up and STAYING there this time then Wagner is not that man! 

As someone said earlier, he had one good season in the last 5 years, and it probably also means a load more German second Division signings that will struggle in the top flight.

What is the obsession with Germans at Norwich? 

Errr....they're good at what they do?

36 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

He'd be a nailed on certainty to start, even if injured....................................................................too soon?

I think you're OK. It's a seasonal joke. 

44 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

God no please! If the club want a coach capable of getting back up and STAYING there this time then Wagner is not that man! 

As someone said earlier, he had one good season in the last 5 years, and it probably also means a load more German second Division signings that will struggle in the top flight.

What is the obsession with Germans at Norwich? 

Reads very much like you don't know have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

2016/17 - Promoted from Championship on a £3m net spend

2017/18 - Stayed in the Premier League, a feat described by The Guardian as "the Premier League's greatest survival story".

Huddersfield did sign a few players from Germany, yes. One of them signed for just £1.5m played for Morocco in the World Cup Semi-final 15 days ago. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just as a little update, punters are now taking the 4/5 and 4/6 and in the main now 4/7. Everyone else is now on the drift, with Parker second favourite, but if you shop around you can get 9/1 on him now.

Plenty of sources saying we have approached Steve Bruce. Punters will believe anything lol, he is on the move and now at 12/1.

I thought after Sean Dyche was virtually ruled out, my seat at Carrow road would remain sat in, but if this happens it won’t.

By the way for the record I don’t believe a word of it and the betting patterns on Wagner are much more in line with somebody we are considering.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Plenty of sources saying we have approached Steve Bruce. Punters will believe anything lol, he is on the move and now at 12/1.

I thought after Sean Dyche was virtually ruled out, my seat at Carrow road would remain sat in, but if this happens it won’t.

By the way for the record I don’t believe a word of it and the betting patterns on Wagner are much more in line with somebody we are considering.

More like in line with someone it is assumed we are considering rather than any actual evidence.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Same here - must have been contemporaries 😃 I only knew four others from Norwich in Sheffield - three were female (which I am assuming you are not) and the other is living in the states. None were City fans.

Tried to DM you but says you are not receiving them! 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

More like in line with someone it is assumed we are considering rather than any actual evidence.

Please see my posts from the beginning. I am reporting what’s happening and multiple sources saying we are talking to Bruce. 
As another update Bruce is on the March, now as low as 8/1.

So guys, I am just keeping you updated on the markets. With several sources reporting Steve Bruce is the man, he is in from 50/1 to 3/1.

Please don’t shoot the messenger, just reporting on the markets.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

So guys, I am just keeping you updated on the markets. With several sources reporting Steve Bruce is the man, he is in from 50/1 to 3/1.

Please don’t shoot the messenger, just reporting on the markets.

At this point I'm going to stop thinking about it. If Steve Bruce is seriously in the running then the world really has gone mad.

Just now, lake district canary said:

At this point I'm going to stop thinking about it. If Steve Bruce is seriously in the running then the world really has gone mad.

If only our three choices are Parker, Bruce and Wagner.. dear oh dear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed. Bookmakers run a book. A basic ledger of money.

It makes sense for a bookmaker like Sky to promote rumours and ‘action’. 

None of this should be auto-conflated with likelihood. 

Parma 

10 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Absolutely this. Fell apart at Huddersfield. He was absolutely diabolical at Schalke and managed to relegate them. Why is he a favourite for the Norwich job?

I wouldn’t say diabolical. Not great sure. He had that horrendous run of no win in 18 which was across two seasons and amongst the project restart period.

He also left Schalke in the September of the season they were relegated, so I’d find it hard to say that he relegated them. There were plenty of games left for them to turn it around. 

I guess it’s all about perspective. Wagner is a curious one. You can find plenty of reasons to rate him, but you can also find a fair few that would make you cautious of him.

4 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Indeed. Bookmakers run a book. A basic ledger of money.

It makes sense for a bookmaker like Sky to promote rumours and ‘action’. 

None of this should be auto-conflated with likelihood. 

Parma 

To explain this a stage further. Let’s imagine Sky bet (Sky) knew the outcome of the next Norwich manager and nobody else did. 

Might they still promote other betting candidates?

Parma 

• Like 1

I don't believe Bruce or Wagner are serious contenders despite what the bookies would have us believe. Webber has one last chance to save his career and make the right appointment. As a minimum he needs to buy time - namely, any new coach should be able to afford to lose a few games before the crowd turns again.

A huge success from this point in the season would be playoffs. It's actually much more likely that we'll miss out, so any new man has to get next season as well. Neither of these two would get that leeway.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean, the answer was on the article...

townley.PNG.475e5243d7ee31b980744013704b3d82.PNG

Not necessarily so TvB.

Lakey posted a biog of Jennings, he works on behalf of a syndicating agency that creates stories for organisations like the one behind the Birmingham Mail, to generating stories that guarantee a bit of click bait for hard pressed journo's. I've worked in a local press office before, and the majority of stories are from press releases and / or news agency scanning. Sure, the article published is signed off by a local named journo, but the story is usually from a press release / new agency / syndicated piece.

Why would the Birmingham Mail be interested with what is happening in Norwich other than to fill a few column inches?

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Perhaps because he played and managed at Brum, and managed both Villa and most recently WBA?  There’s presumably a fair degree of interest in that area.

Edit - ooops - lost the quote!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Well that's at least three people giving credence to the Bruce story - it might be true then. 🤷‍♂️ I'll stick with my Gallardo hunch, equally valid. 😆

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Well that's at least three people giving credence to the Bruce story - it might be true then. 🤷‍♂️ I'll stick with my Gallardo hunch, equally valid. 😆

You can still get 33/1, that would be a nice New Years present lol.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Why would the Birmingham Mail be interested with what is happening in Norwich other than to fill a few column inches?

Why would the Birmingham Mail be interested in a former Birmingham City manager?

The same reason the Pink'un are interested in Chris Hughton getting a job with the Ghana National Team I suspect?  https://www.pinkun.com/news/23156642.norwich-city-chris-hughton-helping-ghanas-world-cup-bid/

14 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well if it does end up being Wagner he should have no trouble getting a tune out of the players..

Oh dear…..

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Played as a striker for the USA senior team like Josh Sargent, and played as a striker for Schalke 04 like Teemu Pukki, so that's an immediate ice breaker.

I would hope he would at very least realise that Sargent is wasted out wide. 

My original thought was Wagner = composer = music but as my career as a comedian seems to have no legs I would agree that if Wagner comes here I hope he plays Josh in the middle 😀

Wagner won't be a cheap option at all. He'll want a 3 year contract, a decent salary, relocation costs, a property, probably a nice car to be persuaded to leave Germany.

PS - not all German coaches are good and can adapt to British football, which is why there aren't many here.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Tried to DM you but says you are not receiving them! 🤷‍♂️

I don't know how to enable DMs - I will have a look.

I have remembered someone else from Norwich - used to be very much into Northern Soul?

Why would Norwich go for Wagner? He had an eighteen month spell at Huddersfield which was outstanding overall. But his record at Schalke and Young Boys was poor and even his Huddersfield tenure ended miserably.

Obviously Wagner isn't as appalling a prospect as Bruce but there are much better managers/coaches out there.