Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Would we be happy with Sean Dyche?

Would we be happy with Sean Dyche?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would we be happy with Sean Dyche?

• Yes
    • No

Known for the worst kind of anti-football (I dont know how unfair this is), but this is a manager who knows how to put together a team that can stay in the Premier League. He would make us tough (and Norwich have had a soft underbelly for as long as I have been a fan at least), he might restore some respect for the club (though Burnley got slagged off for style of play instead).

Would he be able to gain promotion with this squad and the January transfer window though?

The fans hated the football under Smith, and having had Farke-ball would we be happy with Dyche-ball?

Dyche may well be realistic. Despite his record I cant see any Premier League takers.

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

I'd be ok with him. He is far more likely to galvanise this group of players and get them performing than most others I can think of.

Much more than just a hoof ball manager, Burnley fans adored him and he's had a good break from football to re-charge his batteries.

Very knowledgable and great talker about the game too, I think he would do what is necessary - he'd take the season by the scruff of the neck and get the players performing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

No, I'd get sick and tired of hearing "Move" ringing out loud at the Carra every five minutes. 

From what I've seen from us this season, somebody shouting that is exactly what is needed.

Has to be down there with Tony Pulis for managers I'd want at Norwich.
Could probably do very well at other clubs but not my cup of tea,

Can’t see many of our current players buying into another version of hoof ball.

The usual suspects would want him out the second we started losing games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Has to be down there with Tony Pulis for managers I'd want at Norwich.
Could probably do very well at other clubs but not my cup of tea,

Tony Pulis and Neil Warnock. Managers who would toughen us up. But is that what we want?!

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Tony Pulis and Neil Warnock. Managers who would toughen us up. But is that what we want?!

No.

it is largely a moot point as we don't have the physicality throughout the team to play Dyche style football.  I actually think he's a good manager with the right tools  but wouldn't fit us at the moment.  Asking Sara and Nunez to pump it into the channels wouldnt work.  He might be able to play a possession game too (underneath that hard man exterior I believe is a progressive coach) but too much of a risk at the moment

If it was about drive and fight, absolutely...  

If he could adapt his style, absolutely. 

Unfortunately though I think he will stick to what he knows and it'd end up being Burnley Mk.ii.... although I'd be happyd for him to prove me wrong. 

Unlikely to come here as we have no money and he wouldn't be able to get this group playing his way. Most are slight, slow pass and move footballers who struggle in duels/one v ones/ making second balls/running at the opposition. Thats just the profile of player we've gone for a no coach is capable of turning this group into a side like the one he had at Burnley 

2 minutes ago, City Stand Ultra said:

it is largely a moot point as we don't have the physicality throughout the team to play Dyche style football.  I actually think he's a good manager with the right tools  but wouldn't fit us at the moment.  Asking Sara and Nunez to pump it into the channels wouldnt work.  He might be able to play a possession game too (underneath that hard man exterior I believe is a progressive coach) but too much of a risk at the moment

He's not a fit for our current players, but he could bring in the players needed to transform us

14 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not sure - if people didn’t like what they saw under Smith you wonder if they would be happy.   Dyche is a decent bloke and I’m sure we’d stop underperforming under him.

Edited by Branston Pickle
Making it make sense!

He's a very good manager (as opposed to a head coach) but I'm not sure if he'd fit here, and I'm not sure if we have the squad he'd want. 

We could do worse, but I think we'd be better off going towards a Farke-type again rather than deviating even further away.

Voted yes on the poll instinctively, but changed my mind after thinking about it.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'd be ok with him. He is far more likely to galvanise this group of players and get them performing than most others I can think of.

Much more than just a hoof ball manager, Burnley fans adored him and he's had a good break from football to re-charge his batteries.

Very knowledgable and great talker about the game too, I think he would do what is necessary - he'd take the season by the scruff of the neck and get the players performing. 

He's about as far as you can get from sexy Farke-ball Lakey. You've changed your tune 🙂

He's certainly very knowledgeable and with that razorblade-gargling voice of his he'd likely grab the players by the scruff of the neck never mind the season 😀

Another Dean Smith who's best days might be behind him.

It would really split the fanbase, which I don't think is what we need, it's bad enough as it is.

We're not going to get unanimous approval regardless of who it is, but I think there are better candidates. NCFC usually appoint 'yes men', which Dyche won't be.

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not sure - if people didn’t like what they saw under Smith you wonder if they would be happy.   Dyche is a decent bloke and I’m sure we’d stop underperforming under him.

I think the fans would appreciate a team with some bite, some aggression, some passion, some fight. Not dirty, but some work rate and some crunch in the tackles. If we got a few players like that in we'd stop the 'lightweight' pushover mentality which would be good. Hopefully we could keep the flair players up the top end so it wouldnt be merely attrition football.

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

I think the fans would appreciate a team with some bite, some aggression, some passion, some fight. Not dirty, but some work rate and some crunch in the tackles. If we got a few players like that in we'd stop the 'lightweight' pushover mentality which would be good. Hopefully we could keep the flair players up the top end so it wouldnt be merely attrition football.

I think he’s probably underrated, I imagine Burnley played a lot more ‘football’ than we give them credit for….but not as ‘pretty’ as Russ et al.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think he’s probably underrated, I imagine Burnley played a lot more ‘football’ than we give them credit for….but not as ‘pretty’ as Russ et al.

I have to admit to having watched very little of Burnley. You know how we got upset at the rest of the footballing world dismissing us and making assumptions about us? Burnley and Dyche may well have had more about them as you say

22 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

He's about as far as you can get from sexy Farke-ball Lakey. You've changed your tune 🙂

The time for sexy football is another season. This season, or what's left of it, requires someone who can kick a few backsides and get these players functioning at a higher level. Horses for courses!

Just now, lake district canary said:

The time for sexy football is another season. This season, or what's left of it, requires someone who can kick a few backsides and get these players functioning at a higher level. Horses for courses!

It's true that sexy football and Sean Dyche don't belong on the same page and never will so that could be a problem if he's on a long expensive contract and the fans don't quickly take to his brand.

With Sean Dyche growling from the tech area, I think our squad would be running around like startled Rabbits akin to being pursued by a posse of ravenous Weasels and Ferrets.....

We should get Dyche in on a 'Pay as you slay and flay' contract....Grrrr!....

We really have got a 'holier than thou' mindset haven't we!!

In the summer we were slagging off 'the model', 'the owners, 'Webber' and everyone else for our abject failure to keep in the PL. Then we have an opportunity (in theory) to hire a manager who kept a club arguably smaller than us in said PL for SEVEN (!) out of his eight years there yet fans are horrified at the prospect. FFS!

I don't think he's the type of young, progressive manage we should be aiming for. Any of these similar suggestions are just the same as Smith and might have been useful in their experience to keep us up in the PL. That failed, we require something different now. 

The next manager needs to give significant playing time to Omobamidele, Gibbs and Nunez among others, would Dyche be willing to do that and furthermore could he create a system that gets the best out of them?

2 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Known for the worst kind of anti-football (I dont know how unfair this is), but this is a manager who knows how to put together a team that can stay in the Premier League. He would make us tough (and Norwich have had a soft underbelly for as long as I have been a fan at least), he might restore some respect for the club (though Burnley got slagged off for style of play instead).

Would he be able to gain promotion with this squad and the January transfer window though?

The fans hated the football under Smith, and having had Farke-ball would we be happy with Dyche-ball?

Dyche may well be realistic. Despite his record I cant see any Premier League takers.

I think he demands respect. A tough character who has achieved more with less than Farke and Smith did.