Sign in to follow this  
Bert

The club response tomorrow

I see the official unofficial spokesman for the stowmarket 2 has an article defending the current situation on my football writer tomorrow.

I bet they will have done no wrong 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I see the official unofficial spokesman for the stowmarket 2 has an article defending the current situation on my football writer tomorrow.

I bet they will have done no wrong 

Someone on here? Hoggy or Nutty? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

11 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

It'll be nailed to the door of the Cathedral...form an orderly queue. 😄

Apples

Like this one was...

fornication_under_consent_of_mousepad.jpg

• Haha 2

Just read it. Gosh it was long and boring. 
(A bit like a Harry and Meghan documentary)

All we learnt was; Mick likes the sound of his own voice; believes that he is right about all things NCFC;  loves Delia; and lives 100 miles closer to Luton than Norwich. (Hopefully, this will save you all the, tedious, read 💤)

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Just read it. Gosh it was long and boring. 
(A bit like a Harry and Meghan documentary)

All we learnt was; Mick likes the sound of his own voice; believes that he is right about all things NCFC;  loves Delia; and lives 100 miles closer to Luton than Norwich. (Hopefully, this will save you all the, tedious, read 💤)

Like everyone else Mick cares about the club.

We have reached a situation where some fans seem, perhaps unconsciously, resolutely determined to find fault with anything and everything. Some see their jaundiced view of the club confirmed in everything anyone at the club says or does.

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2022/12/21/because-football-because-the-championship/

Jaundiced is appropriate for someone with a yellow belly.

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Like everyone else Mick cares about the club.

We have reached a situation where some fans seem, perhaps unconsciously, resolutely determined to find fault with anything and everything. Some see their jaundiced view of the club confirmed in everything anyone at the club says or does.

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2022/12/21/because-football-because-the-championship/

Jaundiced is appropriate for someone with a yellow belly.

Pretty reasonable, well argued piece. There is always and element of the herd about supporters and a degree of received wisddom amongst fans. Both of which are evident. I am just hoping for three wins over the Christmas period.

12 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Pretty reasonable, well argued piece. There is always and element of the herd about supporters and a degree of received wisddom amongst fans. Both of which are evident. I am just hoping for three wins over the Christmas period.

There’s more chance of you getting three wishes off a genie.😁

• Haha 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can only assume that Mick Dennis gets invited to Delia's for tea and wants to keep getting invited.

Maybe Mick can join our Majority Shareholding Duo, Webbo and Wife, plus the rest of the NCFC Board and Coaching Staff for a pre-Christmas drink in 'The Last Chance Saloon'?.....

29 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

A stunning and brave piece by Mick Dennis....Yes Sir!.....

He's doesn't want to be accused of being a stooge for the board. 

Well if he isn't a stooge for the board he is a massive brown noser, might as well just go rim them all.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's doesn't want to be accused of being a stooge for the board. 

Well if he isn't a stooge for the board he is a massive brown noser, might as well just go rim them all.

Some people would say Mick was a club sycophant and apologist....Me? I can't possibly comment...

Would anyone have expected anything else but a fully supportive piece on how wonderful the club is doing 

I am not sure he can fool the 25000 plus that attend the carra every week

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Some people would say Mick was a club sycophant and apologist....Me? I can't possibly comment...

Sorry I almost forgot, some might also say he's Obsequious.....  

It’sa well written piece but doesn’t get over the fundamental fact that the football being played is just rubbish. Even during the unbeaten spell there were many games that we were poor but managed a win.

Sadly I think that is Smiths ‘style’ And it matches his uncharismatic and dull public persona (I know he’s reportedly a ‘nice guy’).

Fact is we are being asked to back a team which is dull and short of confidence and inspiration. Smith has been here for a year and now brought a fair few players in so the fault lies with him and he needs to go.

Doesn’t matter if Mick is right about the owners intentions the priority is giving the fans a team we can enjoy supporting and watching

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 1

It's a remarkable amount of words to create a very shallow piece.

His argument appears to be the disconnect isn't as bad as people say because of CSF stuff and a few tours of Colney but 99% of fans aren't involved in these things, so rather misses the point.

Arguing that the quality of in house media has improved again misses the point- higher production values don't make up for the fact the club can control the questions and thus leave fans unsatisfied by the answers.

He also doesn't remotely engage with Webbers failings in the transfer market or really touch much on the struggles on the pitch. 

Just a very weak article overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We need to park this fan disconnect nonsense; it's what's happening on the pitch that is important.

It feel's as though Smith is only as good as his next defeat even if he wins 3 on the bounce, which really isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

His argument appears to be the disconnect isn't as bad as people say because of CSF stuff and a few tours of Colney but 99% of fans aren't involved in these things, so rather misses the point.

Arguing that the quality of in house media has improved again misses the point- higher production values don't make up for the fact the club can control the questions and thus leave fans unsatisfied by the answers.

He also doesn't remotely engage with Webbers failings in the transfer market or really touch much on the struggles on the pitch. 

Wouldn't he have missed the point only if 99% of fans feel disconnected?

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes, a lot of it is waffle presumably to avoid dealing with the primary issues the fans he's referring to are angry about.

There's quite a lot of poor Championship teams this season yet we've only scored 4 more than we've conceded at home. We've lost 4 games at home which is the joint worst losses in the top 10. Our away form isn't bad and in isolation wouldn't be a problem but when the home fans have only seen one win in seven you start to understand the frustration. 

Although, for comparison sakes, Farke's first Championship season we had the 17th best home form.

The only thing I agree with is I do think there is almost a desperation to point at "disconnect" without substance. I don't doubt if we were top of the league right now there would be very little talk about "disconnect"

I also don't think fans should use "disconnect" as an excuse for everything. If I criticise the lack of support at Carrow Road early on, the response was "but the disconnect!" - I don't think half the fans saying it actually have any real substance behind it.

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

You have to scroll down an awful lot before you begin to read anything of note. Even then I find myself disagreeing with it.

"Others have forgotten that he abandoned Farkeball in the Prem (telling Timmy Krul to hoof, using Rachica as an out-ball). And, on the evidence of Saturday, very many both mourn Daniel’s departure yet boo any pass back to the goalkeeper."

It wasn't just the back passing that was the problem, it was the fact that it ended up there because of the ineptitude of the players in front of them to do anything positive for large portions of the match and the resorting to passing back because they had no ideas. Then to see Gibbo and Hanley pass it back between them without trying to do anything positive, only for it inevitably going back to Gunn to hoof it up the pitch, only to go straight to the opposition.....it was just so poor to watch, so lacking in....well....anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

"Others have forgotten that he abandoned Farkeball in the Prem (telling Timmy Krul to hoof, using Rachica as an out-ball). And, on the evidence of Saturday, very many both mourn Daniel’s departure yet boo any pass back to the goalkeeper."

It wasn't just the back passing that was the problem, it was the fact that it ended up there because of the ineptitude of the players in front of them to do anything positive for large portions of the match and the resorting to passing back because they had no ideas. Then to see Gibbo and Hanley pass it back between them without trying to do anything positive, only for it inevitably going back to Gunn to hoof it up the pitch, only to go straight to the opposition.....it was just so poor to watch, so lacking in....well....anything.

Lakey has written a better opinion piece than Delia Smith, sorry … I mean Mick.