Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread swans v canaries**

If we hold on then 3 away points is always a good result but this has been more of the same turgid ball that has been served up for the entirety of Smiths tenure. 

Edited by Virtual reality

Nothing has changed. If we win this it's daylight robbery. Dean Smith can't finish higher than 5th in this league, and needs the most valuable squad to do it.

This really isnt good enough. We are winning but do not deserve to be. The pattern of the performance is exactly as so many prior to the break. I’m very disappointed as I hoped to see evidence of a “reset.” We may win but nothing has changed. 

Still at least our Sporting Director is there to witness it eh!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

This is *absolutely* terrible.

Nothing has changed. Different beast, same bollux.

Translation:

Same 5hit … different show.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be clear I'm not watching the game but from the coverage I've seen it seems like we're the better team. I'm commenting on the contradiction in Cambridgeshires post.

I am watching it and both teams are pretty ordinary. Swansea if they had a bit more quality would be walking this game given how poor we are.  We look less than ordinary in posession and pretty clueless going forwards. 

It makes me so angry watching Norwich under Smith, angrier than any other manager.

What a waste of a season because under no circumstances will Norwich be promoted under this clown.

I suppose if we win after a fast start then that is a change of sorts. Especially after our propensity to blow leads.

EDIT: If we concede an equaliser now, I'll take the flak after making this comment!

Edited by TheGunnShow

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

It makes me so angry watching Norwich under Smith, angrier than any other manager.

What a waste of a season because under no circumstances will Norwich be promoted under this clown.

And if we were promoted what the hell would be the point? Even Norwich fans don’t know what Dean Smiths style of football is. This turgid crap would see us as an absolute embarrassment in the PL. At least Farke’s teams played good football at that level 

• Like 1

OK, I'll take the 3 points but that was a pathetic excuse of organizing a team to play with any coherence. 

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

But we're winning.

god, some of you really are perennial miserablists.

Do you not see the bigger picture? Against better teams, we'd have lost that comfortably

Great Pragmatic performance.

A tough watch at times but Smith more likely to get a new long contract rather than the sack.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

OK, I'll take the 3 points but that was a pathetic excuse of organizing a team to play with any coherence. 

That's a very good summary 👏 of the game. 

We are still in the top 26 somehow, home games not currently Smith's favourite

3 points grinded out, or only because Swansea were poor.

Is this the performance and effort Smith promised after these 4 weeks break?

Tough away game, early lead, actually kept the damn lead this time, and got the clean sheet. Plenty of scope to improve - some will say the win papers over cracks, others will think it could be a basis to gain confidence.

• Like 1