Canary Jedi

Have you missed watching Norwich?

Maybe it’s because of the toxic situation right now coupled with a surprisingly enjoyable World Cup, but I must admit I’ve not missed going to games these last few weeks. Probably that will change next weekend when we play at Carrud again.

What about you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Is it really a toxic situation?

Well, if it’s not now then it will be if we don’t win the next few games!

I’ll always enjoy going to the football but the club is being run by idiots right now that have made the matchday experience horrendous and I hope they lose their jobs and never work in this industry again. 

Unless of course we start winning. In which case all will be well🙃

That's how it's worked for Southgate. A miraculous turnaround that sums up the lot of a football supporter🙃

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 2

Got to be honest and say no, actually quite the opposite, not sure what that suggests in all honesty. I'm not even bothered about today and would take a loss if it meant England beating France. Not that the world works like that of course

Edited by Ken Hairy

The thought of Blackburn at home at 5.30pm on a Saturday night with a sub zero temperature isn't exactly appealing at the moment. But I've got Smithitis and it's making me miserable. I'm hoping for a miracle cure 😊

Not really.

I've still got a faint hope that we're going to come back and look 'a different animal' but I'm sure that will be snuffed out by 5pm this evening. 

I’ve missed going. Will never not want to go. Actually gutted that I can’t go to next week as I have a pandemic delayed holiday flying out on the 17th. And also miss the 30th because I deliberately booked a family visit AFTER the fixtures came out, only to be screwed over by TV scheduling. I’ll be desperate to come back once Smith has been sacked and see our new manager come in and go in an unstoppable run to an eventual playoff victory 😉

Seriously though. Love going every time 

I haven't missed it at all in all honesty. After a season of pure dross last year in the Premier League, I went into this season on a downer but optimistic that we might atleast play good football again, now we were playing much inferior teams compared to the Premier sides. 

Save for the odd 20min spell here and there (first 20 against Boro for example, we looked very good/enjoyable to watch) it's been dull, lacking a clear style, lethargic, and just generally boring to watch.

Like a lot round me in the Barclay, there's a sad general mood of apathy, not even anger, everyone waiting for something to change. 

The excitement around match-day has gone (for now). 

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Unless of course we start winning. In which case all will be well🙃

That's how it's worked for Southgate. A miraculous turnaround that sums up the lot of a football supporter🙃

I wouldn’t hold your breath that winning will end our woes Nutty. That run we went on earlier in the season wasn’t exciting for many of us.

Our problem is Dean Smith. It’s been all pretty ‘ meh ‘ since he’s been at Carrow Rd and I don’t think that will change until he’s gone.

Yeah of course I've missed going, I'm a Norwich fan.

I've sat through far, far worse seasons and attended every game with a delusional hope it will all turn around. That delusional hope encouraged me and a few others to renew our season tickets in League One when some others said f*ck that.

What followed was fairly memorable..

• Like 1

Not in the slightest...those 3 reprehensible home defeats to preston luton and middlesbrough ruined the whole of the week after.

I've enjoyed the break. A new manager taking charge of the second half of the season would've given us something to look forward to...but instead we return with the same manager who hasnt the nous to beat a top 10 team, when we've got 4 of them coming up iver the next 3 wks

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah of course I've missed going, I'm a Norwich fan.

I've sat through far, far worse seasons and attended every game with a delusional hope it will all turn around. That delusional hope encouraged me and a few others to renew our season tickets in League One when some others said f*ck that.

What followed was fairly memorable..

We’ve had that delusional hope every time we’ve been in the PL recently. It’s depressing to realise that it happens every time we go up now.

With a bit of luck this American guy can shake things up in a practical sense and renew supporters optimism.

Not in the slightest. 

Fully in World Cup mode at the moment and don't need Dean Smith coming along and ruining things. 

I'll wait for England to do that a few hours later. 

I haven't missed watching City at all. Going to the football is more of a social occasion for me/my mates and we have still been meeting up to watch football in the pub and also went to a gig together.

Looking out the window I'm quite relieved not to have to go out today and sit on that horrendous plastic seat.

Hopefully some enthusiasm will be rekindled by next weekend because it aint there now!

Can't say I've been lovesick and pining for Carrow Road during the WC break....I'm currently more excited about tonight's England game than us v the Swans at 3.00pm....Of course I want us to win against Mr Russ Martin's 1st Eleven, but I'll be more upset if we lose against the French tonight....Somewhat ho-hum and not feeling that excited about next Saturday's 17.30 kick-off home clash against Blackburn Rovers either....Although the pub with my chums afterwards will be something to relish....

Anyway it's countdown to ecstasy as February rapidly approaches and which also brings the first deadline for season ticket renewal....It's when the club tells me what a valued wunnerful appreciated fan I am....Which is nice.....£900 sheets and worth every penance....

I suppose I'll rekindle my romance with the Club hopefully sooner, rather than later....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

We’ve had that delusional hope every time we’ve been in the PL recently. It’s depressing to realise that it happens every time we go up now.

With a bit of luck this American guy can shake things up in a practical sense and renew supporters optimism.

Yeah but I had that delusional hope in league one. Then in our championship season.

I had the same 'delusional' hope when I thought we stood a chance in Farkes second season. Some said I was even more delusional for thinking we would bounce back after that first relegation.

No one knows what's going to happen next in football and that's part of the attraction. I dont love Smith but I also don't think he's completely awful. I'm not sure if he's a fit here but I have a feeling with our slightly odd fanbase that anyone after Farke would have struggled.

Either way it doesn't stop me looking forward to the next game. 

I don't think it's anything to do with delusional hope or lack of it, yes we've also had much worse City sides but I don't think there has ever been such apathy towards a manager, he really is the most 'meh' manager we've ever had. 

For the record I absolutely loved League 1, one of my favourite seasons.

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Maybe it’s because of the toxic situation right now coupled with a surprisingly enjoyable World Cup, but I must admit I’ve not missed going to games these last few weeks. Probably that will change next weekend when we play at Carrud again.

What about you?

Yeh I found out we had swansea today yesterday and actually thought, oh yeh... Crap.

Really not missed it.

I am pretty worried as I am sure that if we lose today something's going to get broken after hearing Dean Smith spout about being the better team.

I have written off Norwich until we enter the next phase, probably doesn't make me a super fan but I have a massive hangover from firing farke etc 

Love this club and will hold my season ticket and daresay still go to most games but my passion really has subsided. Feels like a girl I love but just  not attracted to anymore!!

His last speech had him saying he had highlighted the issues and knew what he needed to do(took you a year Dean... A year) so if he has not fixed the issue then the guy needs to be put Infront of s bus on the a146 and frankly ran over.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

Not gonna lie, I've not missed it at all. I'm so apathetic towards Deano's 'style' of football, watching NCFC feels more like a chore than a pleasure at the moment.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not gonna lie, I've not missed it at all. I'm so apathetic towards Deano's 'style' of football, watching NCFC feels more like a chore than a pleasure at the moment.

I've found it hard to get motivated by us this season, nothing to latch on to in terms of excitement or seeing some development. First time since the Roeder era that I've been apathetic about us. 

Watching some of the world cup teams has reminded me of watching us - teams passing it around with no real purpose then giving the ball away cheaply with little attacking threat. If that means teams are playing very tensely because of the pressure, then that probably applies to Norwich too.  So we need a manager who inspires the players and get us over that hurdle and play without tension.  Like Alex Neil did when he first came to Norwich.  We need to get some positivity going....and for me Smith is a bit too laid back for what we need.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've found it hard to get motivated by us this season, nothing to latch on to in terms of excitement or seeing some development. First time since the Roeder era that I've been apathetic about us. 

Watching some of the world cup teams has reminded me of watching us - teams passing it around with no real purpose then giving the ball away cheaply with little attacking threat. If that means teams are playing very tensely because of the pressure, then that probably applies to Norwich too.  So we need a manager who inspires the players and get us over that hurdle and play without tension.  Like Alex Neil did when he first came to Norwich.  We need to get some positivity going....and for me Smith is a bit too laid back for what we need.

That's a fair point Lakey. I guess my main reservation about Russ is that he is very Farke-esque in his desire for us to dominate possession at all costs – yes, that means instilling the confidence in his players to play that way, but if it doesn't work it can look calamitous. I'd stick with it, because I admire that style of football, but it'd probably get the fans on side quicker if we appointed an 'up and at em' manager who likes a high tempo, high press, risk-taking style.

But either way, Smith won't last long with the tactics and style he has employed so far.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's that time again😃

positivity-beat.gif.8371f070748444db18308f413221e103.gif

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Adding to my earlier comments, I'll probably watch Morocco v Portugal instead of our game.

This is the other thing for me. I've quickly gotten used to being an armchair fan watching great football between teams I don't support. Easy access to games, watching the best players on the planet, today it will be grubbing around for a stream to watch lower league stuff.

Hopefully I can multi-task and watch both as I don't want to miss Portugal v Morocco.