Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Beating Stoke will cost us promotion...

**** that - unless someone stumps up the £75 it’s costing me to come, I will most certainly be there supporting and wanting a win, nothing less.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We're here again folks

For the sake of the rest of the season ..and a chance of even finishing in the top 6 

...we need Saturday to go certain way

Make no difference whether we win or lose nothing going to change regarding Smith apart from the excuses

Weird, I'm a Norwich fan so I'm hoping for a confidence raising 4-0 win and 10 wins in a row to follow 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wanting your team to lose regardless of why you want it to happen has always been and will always be pretty pathetic

Not if it were to relegate Ipswich 😉

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

**** that - unless someone stumps up the £75 it’s costing me to come, I will most certainly be there supporting and wanting a win, nothing less.  

you and the happy clappers can enjoy your day. I hope we get smashed. get that tactical inept idiot out of our club

Just imagine Smith leading us into the derby games next season , come on Stoke stick 5 or 6 past the useless Brummies side Saturday.

38 minutes ago, wesforprimeminister said:

you and the happy clappers can enjoy your day. I hope we get smashed. get that tactical inept idiot out of our club

So us travelling fans are what you say are ‘ happy clappers ‘. Don’t know about @Branston Picklebut we make a 350 mile round it costs around £200 a game with the current price of petrol. What makes us happy clappers the fact we travel all that way and don’t want our team to lose ?

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So us travelling fans are what you say are ‘ happy clappers ‘. Don’t know about @Branston Picklebut we make a 350 mile round it costs around £200 a game with the current price of petrol. What makes us happy clappers the fact we travel all that way and don’t want our team to lose ?

Apparently, yep! You're an awful, happy clapping waste of space of a fan. How DARE you want your club to win and do well?

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That’s about 13 miles per gallon-what model Bentley do you drive? 😳

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Totally agree, nothing less than a win will do! 👍

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Apparently, yep! You're an awful, happy clapping waste of space of a fan. How DARE you want your club to win and do well?

Hyperbole so fine it will cut you to ribbons? Or taking a leaf out of CC’s book? 

Edited by astro

13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That’s about 13 miles per gallon-what model Bentley do you drive? 😳

£95 petrol, 3 x season tickets about £25 each, a quick snack at the ground £15, parking £5 - 7 and sometimes a 1/2 time beer or coffee. And yep we come down most midweek games, but we were some of the empty seats for the Luton game. We for once couldn’t be a**** but still hoped we won. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, astro said:

Hyperbole so fine it will cut you to ribbons? Or taking a leaf out of CC’s book? 

Hey, ask those who called him a happy-clapper for travelling hundreds of miles to watch the team he's supported all his life hopefully win.

1 hour ago, wesforprimeminister said:

While I’ve come round to the view that unless he pulls an unexpected rabbit out of the hat, it’s not been working for Smith for so long that he needs to go, calling him a “tactical inept idiot” is something only an idiot would say. Anyone that description fitted wouldn’t manage three Championship/Premier league clubs.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Well b back said:

£95 petrol, 3 x season tickets about £25 each, a quick snack at the ground £15, parking £5 - 7 and sometimes a 1/2 time beer or coffee. And yep we come down most midweek games, but we were some of the empty seats for the Luton game. We for once couldn’t be a**** but still hoped we won. 

Top notch supporters,  nice 👍.  Well done guys. 👏. Great respect for your undoubted loyalty and enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Hey, ask those who called him a happy-clapper for travelling hundreds of miles to watch the team he's supported all his life hopefully win.

I’ll admit I’ve not scrutinised every word in the thread, but I can’t see where anybody has called anyone ‘an awful happy-clapping waste of space’. Forgive me if I’ve missed it 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

While I’ve come round to the view that unless he pulls an unexpected rabbit out of the hat, it’s not been working for Smith for so long that he needs to go, calling him a “tactical inept idiot” is something only an idiot would say. Anyone that description fitted wouldn’t manage three Championship/Premier league clubs.

I mean inept is a bit strong but incompetent probably. He continues to shoe horn a striker onto the right wing while continuing with a formation that produces neither defensive solidity or goals. If any of those things don’t constitute sleeping at the wheel I don’t know what does? 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I don’t think it was the distance someone traveled that made the poster call them a happy clapper more the fact that they didn’t agree with his point about wanting to lose to get rid of smith. Also what’s so bad about being a happy clapper every teams needs them. 

3 hours ago, wesforprimeminister said:

You are a supporter of nothing other than yourself, then.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Obviously it's your choice, but when I hear of loyal commitment like this I have absolutely no problem with stoking into players and managers who give nothing short of 100% and/or make stupid errors.

I have no doubt our club takes its supporters for granted.

I don’t think our club takes its supporters for granted more than any other - but football generally does rather appear to.

It is a bit odd how wedded we get to our side, I have watched quite a few matches more local to where I live over the years (Wimbledon, Brentford, Kingstonian being the main 3) but nothing is quite the same.  I’ll be up on Saturday and then next Wednesday as per usual.

• Like 1