BurwellCanary

A view from a Hornet

Hornets fans forum

I am sorry to do this to you all, but Watford have another match this Saturday. After playing like a bunch of lost souls (I can think of other words to put there but this is a family public forum) yet again against Blackpool, we once again welcome Norwich to the Vic who gane us a football hiding last time we played them in the PL. Winning 3-0 and totally outplaying us, it was the game that most of us accepted our relegation despite having more than enough games left to try to survive.

Well that was the past and this is the now. We are actually a worse side now than we we're then. It really is painful watching eleven players trudge around a pitch for ninety minutes only turning it on for spurts of the game and allowing the opposition to score the simplest of goals every single time. We got taken to school last time out by an ex League One side who made us look excatly that, a division below them. At this very moment, we are heading into League One as we tumble down the table with sloppy performance after sloppy performance. Injuries have crippled us more this season than any other I can remember, and it's only October! That is pretty scary. Every match we put out a sub standard defence with a weak minded midfield and expect them to play way above their stations. Player morale is on the floor at this point, fans' are angry and starting to finally show it from the terraces and our overlord Gino does nothing but sit back and watch our beloved Hornets get weaker and weaker as each game we lose another player.

I should be talking about formations, lineups and tactics. But, what's the point? We all know the lineup will be Gosling shoved into a defensive role, Bayo or Davis up front with a dis-interested Sarr jogging along one side of the pitch yawning and taking it easy. Louza will again be our only real play maker but it's a lot of pressure to pile onto him. I do not know if Sema will play, I hope he does as he has easily been one of our best players this season. Limited, but at least he tries, makes runs, set's up goals and scores a few.

Bilic will have one foot out of the door if we lose. If we lose heavily and play like last time he may even be gone, which is something I do not put past Gino to do. Team is shambles on and off the pitch right now, whoever play's against us will probably know that the eleven we put out will be far from an accomplished Championship side. We are virtually having to play our Cup sides in League games, still making the same mistaks over again and the same will happen on Saturday night.

Oh and Bilic, if you somehow read this - DO NOT START KABASELE.

Prediction: Watford 0 Norwich 4

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Quietly confident aren’t they. 

Let's hope that prediction becomes a reality. 

• Like 1

Louza may be missing as he was charged with spitting at an opponent during the game against Swansea. That would be a 6 match ban if found guilty.

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Louza may be missing as he was charged with spitting at an opponent during the game against Swansea. That would be a 6 match ban if found guilty.

Deserved if true, disgusting thing to do even more so with the virus and all

30 minutes ago, Mengo said:

That would be amazing but sadly I doubt it (hoping to tempt fate and that this is bumped on Saturday night)

43 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Hopefully but..............with them there's bound to be a sting in the tail 😳

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Hopefully but..............with them there's bound to be a sting in the tail 😳

True, a team like Watford has enough skilled individuals to turn it on when they are in the mood.

The likes of Sarr can be outstanding on his day ... and he's not the only one.

The fan's comments therefore almost fail to resonate with me.

City can also turn it on, though and with this being, imo, our biggest game of the season so far let's have a classic.

(Here's hoping we can appreciate a classic after so long  a period of more or less functional football.)

2- 3 ..... their defence can be a weakness on the day, and the malaise might actually be as deep as the fan suggested.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Even if their forums are more negative than this, it will require our best performance of the season, and/or zero unforced errors to get anything from this game.

• Like 1

I won't read too much into this. I don't predict an easy game by any stretch despite the doom and gloom of this bloke. 

He sounds like he could use some Zoloft. 

Why do people write provocative posts like this? Because misery loves company. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I won't read too much into this. I don't predict an easy game by any stretch despite the doom and gloom of this bloke. 

He sounds like he could use some Zoloft. 

Why do people write provocative posts like this? Because misery loves company. 

He sounds like half our fanbase after we lose a match after going nine unbeaten. 😉

• Like 3

West Brom were seen as similarly woeful by their fans.

We didn't exactly set the world alight against them.

5 hours ago, BurwellCanary said:

Hornets fans forum

I am sorry to do this to you all, but Watford have another match this Saturday. After playing like a bunch of lost souls (I can think of other words to put there but this is a family public forum) yet again against Blackpool, we once again welcome Norwich to the Vic who gane us a football hiding last time we played them in the PL. Winning 3-0 and totally outplaying us, it was the game that most of us accepted our relegation despite having more than enough games left to try to survive.

Well that was the past and this is the now. We are actually a worse side now than we we're then. It really is painful watching eleven players trudge around a pitch for ninety minutes only turning it on for spurts of the game and allowing the opposition to score the simplest of goals every single time. We got taken to school last time out by an ex League One side who made us look excatly that, a division below them. At this very moment, we are heading into League One as we tumble down the table with sloppy performance after sloppy performance. Injuries have crippled us more this season than any other I can remember, and it's only October! That is pretty scary. Every match we put out a sub standard defence with a weak minded midfield and expect them to play way above their stations. Player morale is on the floor at this point, fans' are angry and starting to finally show it from the terraces and our overlord Gino does nothing but sit back and watch our beloved Hornets get weaker and weaker as each game we lose another player.

I should be talking about formations, lineups and tactics. But, what's the point? We all know the lineup will be Gosling shoved into a defensive role, Bayo or Davis up front with a dis-interested Sarr jogging along one side of the pitch yawning and taking it easy. Louza will again be our only real play maker but it's a lot of pressure to pile onto him. I do not know if Sema will play, I hope he does as he has easily been one of our best players this season. Limited, but at least he tries, makes runs, set's up goals and scores a few.

Bilic will have one foot out of the door if we lose. If we lose heavily and play like last time he may even be gone, which is something I do not put past Gino to do. Team is shambles on and off the pitch right now, whoever play's against us will probably know that the eleven we put out will be far from an accomplished Championship side. We are virtually having to play our Cup sides in League games, still making the same mistaks over again and the same will happen on Saturday night.

Oh and Bilic, if you somehow read this - DO NOT START KABASELE.

Prediction: Watford 0 Norwich 4

Big Vince Watford Cousin!

• Haha 2

All well and good and he is entitled to his opinion but he makes no mention of xg which could paint a totally different picture.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But but but I was supposed to make another view from the oppisition thread 😪

You were too busy starting irrelevant threads about Forest.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

You were too busy starting irrelevant threads about Forest.

No, no that was about ten minutes ago. This post was from yesterday. Come on, call yourself common sense yet you can't even tell the tme? Tut tut

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, no that was about ten minutes ago. This post was from yesterday. Come on, call yourself common sense yet you can't even tell the tme? Tut tut

That would have been the irrelevant thread about Barcelona then……

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But but but I was supposed to make another view from the oppisition thread 😪

Sorry mate - wont happen again

• Haha 1