cambridgeshire canary

Blackpool fans don't like us very much..

They've got a point on two incidents with Max, we had plenty of time to kick the ball out when he was injured so I don't know why our players were complaining. And the way he threw himself forward when he got pushed-rather embarrassing-it was a foul but there was no need for the acting. A shame because he played much better today, he was definitely looking to get further forward and took on their defender a few times. 

Completely agree with them.

It's absolutely embarrassing, regardless of who/which team does it. It needs eradicating. So many teams now instruct their players to go down 70+ minutes into the game if winning, to slow the game down. Those in charge need to have a serious look at it. 

It's what away teams do when they're clinging on to a narrow lead. I'd personally prefer it if referees were stronger against this kind of thing but, while they're not, we absolutely need to exploit these 'tactics'. 

• Like 3

We are the big team in this league, Blackpool should have been expecting the loss.

Although as CC said, its nice to see us doing the sh1t housing for a change as its soul destroying to watch teams score a single goal then take the **** for 80 mins... Hello West Brom

• Like 2

In our defence it was NCFC doing the attacking and committing players forward, it wasn't as though we parked the bus and wasted time after taking the lead.

The ref was very poor though and I think realised his errors by giving an additional 2 mins of injury time.

Unfortunately it's one of the annoying aspects of professional football and why I don't go overboard when we're on the receiving end of it.

• Like 1

For years, we’ve been the team on the receiving end of this. We’ve finally (coincidentally with a change of coach?) wised up. It’s not great but if you don’t do it, you are disadvantaged.

This post did make me laugh though:

I'll say it again, do you know what boils my ****?

Hotel kettles 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

They've got a point on two incidents with Max, we had plenty of time to kick the ball out when he was injured so I don't know why our players were complaining. And the way he threw himself forward when he got pushed-rather embarrassing-it was a foul but there was no need for the acting. A shame because he played much better today, he was definitely looking to get further forward and took on their defender a few times. 

In added time when Aarons obviously feigned serious injury Krul rushed over to drag him to his feet because he (Krul) realised it was just giving the referee a reason to add time on to the at-least 3 minutes that had been announced. And the referee did indeed allow play to go on into the sixth minute, and we came close to conceding a late equaliser. Ironic of course it should be Krul trying to stop a bit of time-wasting…

• Like 1

We’ve been so un-savvy for so long, particularly in the premier league

it gets you nowhere, fighting the good fight.

Don't totally disagree with them, the one with Aarons on the side of the pitch right in front of their fans was utterly embarrassing. 

FFS, people complain when we don't do it (we're too nice, little old Norwich) and then complain when we do it (it's just not us, not the Norwich way). 🤦🤣

Apples

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We are the bully boys of the Championship, don’t know what title we get in the Premier League though. 

Very similar! Something about whipping but the same sort of gist 

Amusing yes, we could read more sympathetically if their players didn’t surround the ref contesting each decision against them. It was obvious from the off that certain of our players were being targetted and the ref to his credit spotted this quickly and used yellows to quash it.

13 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

That is one of Max's key tasks now unfortunately. Every match he does this around 75th minutes to provide a break in play, stopping opposition momentum and allowing gel breaks and tactical changes to be made. He goes down like he has been shot but always makes a quick recovery, the trick however is to ensure it happens when in the opposition half, to allow him time to return to the pitch and get into position before the opposition exploit the space. He has got it badly wrong this season (remember that knock on the head where he went down to close to goal and the opposition scored) but genreally does the job well. Not something I am particularly happy about but it is now part and parcel of the game. Every team has a 75th minute injury feigner, just as most teams make subs at 60, 80 and 90 minutes. All so predictable.

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

FFS, people complain when we don't do it (we're too nice, little old Norwich) and then complain when we do it (it's just not us, not the Norwich way). 🤦🤣

Apples

No issues with them doing it, just Aarons isn't very good at it 😂

• Haha 1

I don't particularly like anybody doing it but in the professional game winning is all and it is up to the officials and the law makers to regulate it.  We do it - Sheffield United have a song about playing football in the Norwich way after some particularly blatant Angus Gunn time wasting a few years back - and I'll never forget Bamford and the Middlesbrough keeper taking it to new levels a few years ago.

If it is ever to stop, the officials need to recognise and penalise it.  Until then, anyone not doing it puts themselves at a disadvantage.  Unless you're Robbie Savage of course in which case Karma may have a say in events ... 🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

It's different people though. Lots of people are stupid. 

10 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

No issues with them doing it, just Aarons isn't very good at it 😂

Was funny seeing Krul run over to him, pull him up and seemed to be all  'come on mate you're not fooling anyone'

On 01/10/2022 at 20:28, Mr Angry said:

I absolutely hate this, the rules changed quite a few years ago, there is no excuse for players (and to a certain extent fans) getting arsey about the ball not being kicked out.

13 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

We’ve been so un-savvy for so long, particularly in the premier league

it gets you nowhere, fighting the good fight.

So you are saying that Smith has made a decent improvement to us tactically?

Interesting.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

So you are saying that Smith has made a decent improvement to us tactically?

Interesting.

We’ve always tended to be savvier in the championship it’s the premier league where we expect that acting like angels will somehow get us extra points.

We have been generally a bit more street-wise under Smith. It's something we need to continue with to disrupt play and momentum because I guarantee every other club will do it to us when we're on top. 

Man City are actually one of the most effective teams i've seen for disrupting play with cynical fouls, pretending to be injured, time wasting etc.