Rhino1

Myopic, egotistical and lacking perspective

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Didn’t Queen say, the show must go on?

Also, fat-bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AJ said:

Didn’t Queen say, the show must go on?

Ah yes but. Respect. 🤷. It's what she wouldn't have wanted. Don't mind her, this is about us . Or words to that effect it seems. 😇

As much as I don't like the idea of telling people how to grieve, and I thoroughly accept it will be different for those who are relatives of the deceased, I think we do it all wrong. I also find it amusing when people act as a self-appointed conscience, saying "oh, this is what Her Majesty would have wanted".

Strangely enough, on her deathbed, I doubt she'd have given a rat's p-o-o-p chute about UK football, if I'm honest.

Basically, I think we focus far too much on the death element, and don't really celebrate their life enough. And let's face it, Her Majesty had a very long, full, interesting life. Let's celebrate that.

Edited by TheGunnShow
Really? That word gets censored??

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Slight change of direction here, but why does Liz Truss walk like she's soiled herself? 

Probably because she's always full of shoite?

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Slight change of direction here, but why does Liz Truss walk like she's soiled herself? 

Buttplug? Getting in training for when they turn on her.

Yay Buttplug is ok.

BUTTPLUG

BUTTPLUG 

BUTTPLUG.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 2

Liz truss said yesterday that everyone's life's changed for ever when the queen died. I've been wracking my brain but haven't worked out how mine has changed at all 

• Like 2

If I hear anymore pointless speculation from that baggy-mouthed gobsh*te Jonny Dymond, I'm going to write to the TV licensing people and tell them to stop sending me threatening letters for not having a license...paying for that, no thanks. 🤣

Apples

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Contact the football bodies then and ask them why they thought matches should be postponed. Pointless venting off on here.

This is what forums are for 

What exactly do you expect this forum to achieve on this subject? Seems to be a place for WUMs at the moment.

Fans, football bodies, football club owners are expressing their opinions on the subject but some have bigger opinions than others, which is why you're not watching football this weekend.

So we are not allowed to debate it then? 

24 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Liz truss said yesterday that everyone's life's changed for ever when the queen died. I've been wracking my brain but haven't worked out how mine has changed at all 

You moved up one in the order of accession.

• Haha 3

These are the scenes at the cricket today. I know what I would have preferred.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Tried to keep off this thing because it winds me up too much, but you lot have done it again your pushed my buttons. To all those on these threads that are judging people for their sadness, how they grieving, feeling down because of the loss of the Queen please keep your opinions to yourselves, grief is a very personal thing as is the expression of it. If you don’t get the significance of the last few days, that’s your look out but don’t undermine those that do. The cancelling of games shows, for once the hierarchy of football do get it! The self absorbed of you, the drum banging football should go regardless brigade, just reflect for one moment, is it truely that important or is it just because you are so insular and self orientated that you are losing the significance of recent events, or maybe you are just lacking up top! Only you would know. 

As expected I'm sitting on my fence and can understand all the various points of view....

Apart from this one😯 

How does it help the sadness and grieving period by coming on a public forum picking a fight with those you don't agree with? It honestly baffles me buddy.

• Like 1

Contact the football bodies then and ask them why they thought matches should be postponed. Pointless venting off on here.

It is because Prince William is Patron of the FA. 

If they had a brain between them they would have asked how he thought his Grandmother's passing could best be marked at this weekend's games. But either they're stupid or no one had the guts

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As expected I'm sitting on my fence and can understand all the various points of view....

Apart from this one😯 

How does it help the sadness and grieving period by coming on a public forum picking a fight with those you don't agree with? It honestly baffles me buddy.

Yeah I don't think anyone is saying people don't have a right to feel sad or show their grief or whatever. But by the same token the rest of us who aren't particularly fussed just want to enjoy the football. Presumably if any club felt that their players or staff were too overcome with grief to play/work those games only could have been postponed and the rest go ahead. If people think it's disrespectful to play a football match don't go.

33 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Replies need to read too. 

🤣🤣🤣

It does 100% prove though what a total balls up football has made of this. Although maybe I should cut them some slack, possibly a 96 year old monarch, who looked awful in recent photos passing away caught them totally off guard with no time to pre prepare this occurrence 😏

Screenshot_2022-09-10-11-57-58-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

43 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

You didn't watch City last night, which you could have done .

• Haha 1

All those moaning about the games being cancelled, will I assume, be happy to work on the Bank Holiday that’s been called for the Queens funeral? 

(I will be working, as I’m overseas before anyone comments)

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

All those moaning about the games being cancelled, will I assume, be happy to work on the Bank Holiday that’s been called for the Queens funeral? 

I don't give a toss if I have to work that day 

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If they had a brain between them they would have asked how he thought his Grandmother's passing could best be marked at this weekend's games. But either they're stupid or no one had the guts

He could have gone to Anfield and been booed.

4 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Tried to keep off this thing because it winds me up too much, but you lot have done it again your pushed my buttons. To all those on these threads that are judging people for their sadness, how they grieving, feeling down because of the loss of the Queen please keep your opinions to yourselves, grief is a very personal thing as is the expression of it. If you don’t get the significance of the last few days, that’s your look out but don’t undermine those that do. The cancelling of games shows, for once the hierarchy of football do get it! The self absorbed of you, the drum banging football should go regardless brigade, just reflect for one moment, is it truely that important or is it just because you are so insular and self orientated that you are losing the significance of recent events, or maybe you are just lacking up top! Only you would know. 

Non-football section. 

Edit: anti enjoyment section

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

No it’s not, it’s because some fans (Not me as I would not disrespect my fellow fans who do care) would boo the minutes silence, eg Liverpool. This would then be very well publicised and the FA would be embarrassed and William offended, maybe even enough to decide he doesn’t want to be patron (although I’d doubt that) which would make the FA even more embarrassed. Trouble is, they’ve not quelled things and it’d be interesting to see if when they do decide games occur whether there is a reaction from some clubs to any minutes silence that is more than may have been 

Edited by SwearyCanary

Cuz I'm going to rhino over your lino

I'm going to rhino with you

In all sorts of weather we'll rhino together

We'll keep rhino-ing through

ron obvious will recognise this, I'm sure.

48 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I absolutely want to work. It’s better for the kids and financially I don’t want the day off