Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Why many posters on here are simply ignorant

Sadly many people on here are just unaware of what happens in top-flight sport.

I coach a premier league hockey team and therefore work with athletes at an elite level, many of whom play for their respective countries. I see players on a regular basis and based on their performances at training, their fitness levels and their current mental state, depends on whether they are selected for the games. I also base my tactics on what I think the opposition are going to do. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes not, thats sport.

People who post on here, Hudson, for example, no clue whatsoever as to the requirments of top flight sport. He simply has no idea of what Worthy sees on a daily basis. I doubt Hudson scouts opponents in detail to work out what formation Worthy should adopt, I doubt Hudson watches the players in training and assesses their fitness levels, work rate and skill level. He is basing his argument on what he sees on  the pitch...which is a remoulded team that is taking time to gel.

I am sure Hudson was cheering the team on from, perhaps his armchair, when they got promoted to the prem, and were beating Man Utd and Newcastle to try and stay up. I doubt, and am willing to put money on it, that he was sitting there chanting Worthy out, and criticsing his tactics then. Fickle perhaps? I''ll let you decide.

Sadly, one word...ignorant

What is ignorant is suggesting that because someone is not a professional sports coach that their opinion is invalid.  Irrespective of the behind the scenes goings on it is an undeniable fact that we have been awful this season and but for a late burst we were awful last season.  I don''t need to know what all the players scored on their bleep test to see that we''re a dreadful side.  If you went to Luton, QPR,Wolves and Palace you must agree that it is difficult to imagine how the pre-season promotion favourites could have done any worse.  This is Worthington''s team and his tactics and we are playing as poorly as I''ve ever seen. 

[quote user="Blainsey"]

I coach a premier league hockey team and therefore work with athletes at an elite level, many of whom play for their respective countries. I see players on a regular basis and based on their performances at training, their fitness levels and their current mental state, depends on whether they are selected for the games. I also base my tactics on what I think the opposition are going to do. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes not, thats sport.

People who post on here, Hudson, for example, no clue whatsoever as to the requirments of top flight sport. He simply has no idea of what Worthy sees on a daily basis. I doubt Hudson scouts opponents in detail to work out what formation Worthy should adopt, I doubt Hudson watches the players in training and assesses their fitness levels, work rate and skill level. He is basing his argument on what he sees on  the pitch...which is a remoulded team that is taking time to gel.

I am sure Hudson was cheering the team on from, perhaps his armchair, when they got promoted to the prem, and were beating Man Utd and Newcastle to try and stay up. I doubt, and am willing to put money on it, that he was sitting there chanting Worthy out, and criticsing his tactics then. Fickle perhaps? I''ll let you decide.

[/quote]

worthy is losing more matches than he is winning, should hackerby be injured I have NO idea how we would win another game...

REMOULDED TEAM - we have been SH!TE all season, nothing has changed in 40 matches, absolutely ZERO signs of improvement, from the team, Andy Hughes, Peter Thorne or anything else to do with the playing side of NCFC!!

In fact the only good thing about this season is the form of Paul McVeigh who has been outstanding (when played) whom the manager has decided to DROP!!!!   UNBELEIVABLE!!!! In fact he still looks the only decent attacking player for the few minutes he now gets played!!! In fact he looks like the only player capable of controlling and passing a football in the squad at the moment!!!

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

oh tyyeah and why has he not signed a SINGLE natural wide player for what 2 years now??

Sadly, one word...inept

i do not doubt your pedigree blainsey and i value your opinion, but i can hardly call watching NCFC this season a top flight experience. Besides, you are venturing into Neil Adams'' territory but have you been to colney to see what nigel sees?

I''m certainly not retorting to any  ''Hudson protest'' and i agree that some are ignorant, but i also have to say that I cannot recall reading any of your posts before.

The way that you summarise your argument that he is ignorant in the last paragraph consists entirely of presumptions. All that says to me is that maybe you are the ignorant one - you are certainly no better.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

Leave off him will you all. He''s obviously a better fan than us, I mean, he GOES to games unlike all of us, and the fact he watches some bints running around with sticks gives him the tactical awareness to see that Worthy is getting it all right this season.

Surely the definition of ignorant is "to ignore"?

And surely the only way you can not have noticed the lack of improvement in coaching, signings, form, tactics etc etc is by ignoring it? So therefore, in my humble opinion, it is you who is ignorant.

Perhaps the rest of us are just not ignorant enough.

Blaney - how do you regularly watch Norwich play - aren''t you either watching hockey or scouting the teams you are going to play.  Methinks theres a touch of the forked tongue here.

my school PE teacher had more tactical nous than worthy...

he wasnt afraid to try different formations and if it wasnt working he would make changes and sort it out!

and he used to manage North Walsham rugby club who were very succesful at the time... when they got new players he would bed them in, he would also spot the weak areas of the team and try and strengthen them.. he was an amateur sports coach..

worthy is a "pro" and cant spot these things!

jas :)

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote] Why would he be chanting ''Worthy out'' when we got promoted and beat Manchester United??? I would have thought being involved in premier league hockey you would appreciate that you can''t live on past glories in sport! Just becuase Worthy won us promotion two seasons ago doesn''t mean we can''t criticise him now for what he is doing badly which let''s face it is quite a lot. It''s because we''re playing badly, losing and have made questionable signings that the fans are booing. Your post seems to suggest that if we cheered Worthy while we were winning we have no right to be annoyed now things are pretty dire??

I''m sure you think i''m ignorant for these comments but I beg to differ. I love Norwich FC and respected Worthy maasively for getting us to the prem. However I believe he has taken Norwich as far as he can and it would be best for all parties if he moved on now!

I think i''m also right in saying that hockey isn''t professional and therefore you don''t have millions of pounds to spend on players like Worthy does and your players aren''t paid massive wages to perform and that the fan base isn''t many tens of thousands??? Therefore I think the situation is significantly different than with your hockey team!!

Hockey is not football mate.

We can make our decisions as to what we want to pay to watch, and what we want to pay to watch is Not this useless football team managed by an even more useless manager.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Blainsey, this forum should require coaching badges for anyone who wishes to engage in debate.

If I could ask that you do not register to vote in any general or council elections.  You quite clearly have never been an MP or a council member, so I don''t think you are very well placed to decide who governs anyone. 

so blainsey, if your squad of eilte players lost their form and confidence, and their performances resembled that of an average county team - where they appeared clueless and at times almost disinterested, and everything you tried didn''t come off, when would you decide it was in the best interest of your side to walk or would you also be thinking, ah well, there''s always next season?

Nice one, Saint! LOL.

Blainsy, a number of us on here have played to a good standard, so we''re not ignorant. Furthermore, I would suggest that coaching and playing are two completely different things.

I believe the expression is "Those who can do, those who can''t teach".  

Thanks for the support lads (and lasses). And Blainsy as someone else said please stick to hockey.

I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years in a row now, and was at the Man utd, newcastle games etc. The fact is we went down, and as someone said you should know, you cant live in the past.

I am judging my arguement on what i see on the pitch and commen sense. Shouldnt the team be picked from the players who are playing well, not that they can pass the ball straight in training. It is clear to see that some players arent up too it.

"''ll let you decide" you said, it seems they have decided and i dont see much support for you, just take a look at this mate

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/634935/ShowPost.aspx

Are we all ignorant or are you clueless!

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]What is ignorant is suggesting that because someone is not a professional sports coach that their opinion is invalid.  [/quote]

I agree, but that doesnt mean they arent ignorant. The customer is always right, but they rarely know what the hell they''re talking about.

ahh Hockey a game for ladies or public school boys, with crowds I guess numbering dozens rather than thousands...unlike others I dont value your arrogant opinions at all...I guess your support for the Worthless one is an indication that your team is probably languishing in the bottom half of the table...Im sure you must be coming under pressure from the 2 blokes and the dog that turn up every week

I dont think that Hudosn is the only one who doesn''t scout for new players, or what our opponents tactics are going to be. Judging from our woeful signings this year, and the dreadful performances, especially away, neither does Worthington. Other then Ashton, name one good signing he has made since we got promoted to the Premiership......difficult isn''t it? I dread the thought that the board are prepared to wait until 25% of next season has gone before they get rid of him. For one thing this will allow him to waste even more money in close season on at least six more useless midfield players, none of whom will be able to play on the right, and give that much needed balance.

Thats why its important to protest between now and the end of the season. We cannot make the playoffs, and at the same time should be safe from the drop. Hopefully protesting now will get rid of NW, and enable us to do what we do best and support our team and the new management team from the start of new season.

[quote user="Russ Feld"]

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]What is ignorant is suggesting that because someone is not a professional sports coach that their opinion is invalid.  [/quote]

I agree, but that doesnt mean they arent ignorant. The customer is always right, but they rarely know what the hell they''re talking about.

[/quote]

well thats absolute tripe Russ, people watch enough football on TV these days, play the game and there are enough documentaries about behind the seens with enough ''football people'' giving opinions that it is fairly easy in this day and age to get a vast knowledge of football and what goes on. 

It is plainly obvious to see the negative football management style and total underacheivement going on at carrow road at the moment.

Blainsey seems to have a dissapeared, or gone very quiet. Perhaps he is on a scouting mission to find some players for his hockey team.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

I doubt his job is in sport! You leave other peoples opinions alone!If you dont like the opinions of us "ignorant people" who, can you believe it, dont even work in sport! then why come on to insult us??get out...Sadly one word... but the moderators wouldnt leave it on.

What is Beno "27" on about. Opinions of other people ! paaaah. I believe people should have the authority to correct people''s opinions if they are blatently wrong ! Nigel Worthington for example- We all correct him. Look where ignorant people get the state of our football club. We need to form a strong circle ! Get behind Nidel !