Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Cambridgeshire To A Match This Season

9 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

This thread reminds me of lord of the flies…..  

We had to do that book for GCSE, read three versions and watched two films. It’s permanently etched in my mind!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Serious question though (as another long-distance fan who's not made it to FCR yet). What chances are there of getting a ticket on the day at a home match?

Single tickets are easier to pick up on the day, it's pairs and upwards that are harder. 

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

Single tickets are easier to pick up on the day, it's pairs and upwards that are harder. 

Fair enough, I just never fancied the idea of lashing out on train (or plane for that matter), hotel, and then not getting in!

Should be doable in December or January as after the Dresden trip in late October the next likely one will be Malta at the end of Feb.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair enough, I just never fancied the idea of lashing out on train (or plane for that matter), hotel, and then not getting in!

Should be doable in December or January as after the Dresden trip in late October the next likely one will be Malta at the end of Feb.

🤞 For you, but don't blame me if you can't get one. 

Obviously the opponents our form etc will be a factor. 

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Serious question though (as another long-distance fan who's not made it to FCR yet). What chances are there of getting a ticket on the day at a home match?

If it's just a single ticket, you're practically guaranteed one, even in the EPL. 

EDIT: I can see that Greavsy has already answered this! But I was chatting with Danny Casey last season and was surprised to learn that there were literally always tickets available on matchdays.

Edited by Feedthewolf

*checks fixtures*.....

Hmm, Blackburn on December 17th should be fun. Let's price up transport/hotel and shizz....

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

We should have built up the Geoffrey Watling stand in line with the other 3 stands , which would put e few more thousand on the capacity, we've outgrown our ground , when we selling out in league 1 we should have done this.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If it's just a single ticket, you're practically guaranteed one, even in the EPL. 

EDIT: I can see that Greavsy has already answered this! But I was chatting with Danny Casey last season and was surprised to learn that there were literally always tickets available on matchdays.

No exclusivity here Fred, you feel free to reply. You're more itk than me on this one, but I remember it being discussed on here previously. 

Edited by Greavsy

Gonna have to wait until late September so the train prices are up on The Trainline. Plane rates are horrendous between Manchester and Norwich. Flown for cheaper to Tallinn, Helsinki, Mariehamn, and the Faroes!*

*in fact, the only flight I remember which was more expensive was Svalbard, and the Polar Circle Marathon too, but that was all-in.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah, none of us know CC and as annoying as I find the constant threads he may have many very good but entirely personal reasons for not going. Fine line between good natured joshing and bullying and this is getting close to that line.

not sure about this. all the offers seem completely good natured and genuine. and his silence is deafening

it wouldnt take much at all for him to comment and say

thanks for the offer everyone, however.....

followed by absolutely anything or nothing. its just common courtesy. his avoidance is actually strange if anything. but mostly rude

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

not sure about this. all the offers seem completely good natured and genuine. and his silence is deafening

it wouldnt take much at all for him to comment and say

thanks for the offer everyone, however.....

followed by absolutely anything or nothing. its just common courtesy. his avoidance is actually strange if anything. but mostly rude

I agree SS, but if people keep asking him for a response that's bullying and frowned up by certain posters on here. 

I think inviter could PM him and then it means he can discreetly accept or decline he offer, no reason necessary as that is his business, which the inviter can then just very easily say ‘I PM’d him and he respectfully declined’. 
can’t argue with that or accuse him of being rude that way and also means he won’t feel the need to share anything or be discussed as though he is not there (like I’m doing now ironically - sorry CC) 

As long as the offers are genuine and sincere which they seem to be then fair enough. Cambridge is more than welcome to politely decline any offers and he shouldn't have to give a reason.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As long as the offers are genuine and sincere which they seem to be then fair enough. Cambridge is more than welcome to politely decline any offers and he shouldn't have to give a reason.

Genuine maybe, not sure about sincere 😂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Genuine maybe, not sure about sincere 😂 

Mine was sincere. I'd happily meet any poster on here for a beer/coffee and a chat. No matter how divergent our opinions, attitudes and methods of communication, we all support the same team!

Actually, not Keith Scott. But anyone else.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Quite a few times last season I bought a single ticket online the night before, then booked travel etc 

Has anyone considered that Cambridgeshire is not a physical entity, but an internet bot that existed for several years, before becoming self aware and deciding to become a Norwich fan after finding this forum?

Some say he doesn't have a job, but he may exist entirely in this forum. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Agreed, not sure anyone had said different, but he's just totally ignoring the offers. I've stuck up for Cambridge on the past when people moan about his multiple topics, but I'm afraid he's just being pig ignorant with this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Has anyone considered that Cambridgeshire is not a physical entity, but an internet bot that existed for several years, before becoming self aware and deciding to become a Norwich fan after finding this forum?

Some say he doesn't have a job, but he may exist entirely in this forum. 

If the first-ever fully sentient machine decides to exist solely on an NCFC forum, the world is truly f*cked.

• Haha 1

Jeez, I've been on this forum for nearly 20 years.

Why didn't someone tell me all I had to do was post new threads every 5 minutes and I would be offered free tickets?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Mine was sincere. I'd happily meet any poster on here for a beer/coffee and a chat. No matter how divergent our opinions, attitudes and methods of communication, we all support the same team!

Actually, not Keith Scott. But anyone else.

100% would have treated yours as sincere.

• Thanks 1

You would need to get consent from Cambridge's parents before you take him to a game, or otherwise it could be classed as child kidnapping.

13 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

You say that but that would be preferable to it being like Skynet............

All great journeys start with a single step - maybe the Pink Un forum is that step to humanity killing war machines??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

All great journeys start with a single step - maybe the Pink Un forum is that step to humanity killing war machines??

Can they play as defensive midfielders? 🤔

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

100% would have treated yours as sincere.

TBF Hoggo , I doubt anyone doubted Wolfos sincerity. 

If say that by this point, Cambridgeos silence speaks volumes. I'd say it's time to drop it lads. 

Whatever you think of his attendance, or his posting , either way he's harmless enough. 

Peace ✌️☮️🕊️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why?

You really need it explaining? 

Ok....it's clear CC isn't interested, therefore any further pressure amounts to goading, goading is toxic if the other party doesn't want to play. 

Some might say it's harmless, maybe so, though his lack of engagement on this thread would suggest that he'd rather not join in. ...which to any vaguely empathetic human would indicate it's time to stop.

Ok I see why some may have trouble grasping that. 

Fill your boots boys , Sorry, men.😉

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why ?

Because it doesn't matter if Cambridgeshire goes to games or not. Its quite obvious that he never wanted to engage in the conversation of whether he does go or not. 

What is toxic is the posters that constantly harass him about his thread starting nature on and that that has now culminated in a thread for people to have a swipe at a specific poster. 

Please let this be the end of it. He's a great City fan and does a great job of getting news on the forum quickly. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1