Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

I see Farke is doing well..

4-0 up just 30 minutes into his first competitive match for Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 e. V. Mönchengladbach. Good for him, Farkeball in full flow it would seem. Hope he enjoys his time there, sure deserves it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Irrelevant. Not a great test. Farke may do very well back in Germany. He didn't understand the physicality of English Football at top level albeit that his style at second tier level was great.

Simple!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

4-0 up just 30 minutes into his first competitive match for Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 e. V. Mönchengladbach. Good for him, Farkeball in full flow it would seem. Hope he enjoys his time there, sure deserves it.

5-0 now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Irrelevant. Not a great test. Farke may do very well back in Germany. He didn't understand the physicality of English Football at top level albeit that his style at second tier level was great.

Simple!

I'm sure he understood it; he simply didn't have enough players who could cope with it in the Premier League. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm guessing this is a cup tie against some minnows?

Correct. They're facing SV Oberachern, of the Regionalliga Baden-Württemberg. Pretty much their fifth division, and probably about equivalent in standard to the Northern Premier League.

Similar to when we played Paulton Rovers.

You need to look into how the early rounds of the German cup work. Gladbach are playing a team from the regional leagues, so probably a 5th tier side.

As a Gladbach supporter I'm pleased they're doing well but the league is a much better judge of performance.

Edited by A Load of Squit

Farke should do well there in theory, I hope he does

56 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Simple!

Wrong. He had awful players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Simple!

Not so simple.  It wasn't any lack of understanding, it was lack of decent enough players at his disposal to make his style work at the top level.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not so simple.  It wasn't any lack of understanding, it was lack of decent enough players at his disposal to make his style work at the top level.

While the signings last season weren't good enough, he had already had one attempt and it was clear throughout both campaigns that he couldn't organise the side defensively to the level required for the PL. In Germany now he has for the most part much better players than us, and in a league which is much poorer defensively.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Please dont

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

You need to look into how the early rounds of the German cup work. Gladbach are playing a team from the regional leagues, so probably a 5th tier side.

As a Gladbach supporter I'm pleased they're doing well but the league is a much better judge of performance.

I am also a Gladback supporter.

Well, as of around 2 months ago.

I mean I follow them on Twitter...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Their opponents are in the fifth tier, and for context, there are five regionalised leagues at the fourth tier, so god knows how many there are at the fifth. 

It's like Leicester or West Ham taking on Swaffham Town.

Could you see Dean Smith managing either of those two sides to a 9-1 win at Swaffham? 😏

I hope he wins big over there.

regardless of who didn’t do what and who’s fault it was that guy gave me some of the best footy to watch whilst in a Norwich shirt and for that I’ll always thank him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The obsession with Farke is the reason people won't give Smith the time the "saviour" got.

Even in Farkes first season you could see he was building something, trying to put an identity on the team

Smith has no identity. He’s an off the shelf, shît manager.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 2