Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liz Truss.. She's one of our own?

Saw her sat in the Directionless box towards the latter end of last season.....at least she was facing the right way....

[Gif removed as I ran out of space. You’ll have to imagine Homer backing backwards into a hedge.]

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Saw her sat in the Directionless box towards the latter end of last season.....at least she was facing the right way....

Having seen the Exorcist, I can tell you that people possessed by the devil can rotate their head 180 degrees.

There seems to be resounding "Oh God, not her!" vibe about old Truss.🤔

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Having seen the Exorcist, I can tell you that people possessed by the devil can rotate their head 180 degrees.

She was in good company then....

1 hour ago, Herman said:

But as I suggested on another thread, it’s generally only the left who get worked up about things on social media so your perception of criticism being “resounding” really should be taken with a pinch of salt.

10 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

But as I suggested on another thread, it’s generally only the left who get worked up about things on social media so your perception of criticism being “resounding” really should be taken with a pinch of salt.

She is a bit **** though, isn't she? As you're anonymous you won't lose any browny points down at CCHQ for admitting it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

My grandad had an old truss

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

She is a bit **** though, isn't she? As you're anonymous you won't lose any browny points down at CCHQ for admitting it.

She’s not the consummate speaker that Sunak is, but then again Blair and Cameron were good and persuasive orators so I’m not sure that we should necessarily consider that to be the most important factor.  As to how you feel about her politics, I doubt that there’s much she could say or do that you would approve of, so as you’re unlikely to ever vote Conservative on ideological grounds it doesn’t really matter what you think.

16 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

She’s not the consummate speaker that Sunak is, but then again Blair and Cameron were good and persuasive orators so I’m not sure that we should necessarily consider that to be the most important factor.  As to how you feel about her politics, I doubt that there’s much she could say or do that you would approve of, so as you’re unlikely to ever vote Conservative on ideological grounds it doesn’t really matter what you think.

FFS, she is thick as two short planks, she is primed for the debates, has learned it verbatum and been highly coached, when we have seen her in the past having to think on her feet there is nothing there!

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Time for this to be moved to non football I think.

never seen her in yellow and green

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

FFS, she is thick as two short planks

Despite your razor-sharp analysis and biting criticism, she somehow got into Oxford, became President of the University Lib Dems, worked for Shell, was an economic director at Cable & Wireless, was Deputy Director of Reform, became an MP and has held a range of Cabinet positions under three different PMs who obviously considered her to be far more capable than you do.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Despite your razor-sharp analysis and biting criticism, she somehow got into Oxford, became President of the University Lib Dems, worked for Shell, was an economic director at Cable & Wireless, was Deputy Director of Reform, became an MP and has held a range of Cabinet positions under three different PMs who obviously considered her to be far more capable than you do.

$H1T floats my man

4 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Hmm, that’s pretty profound.

🙃 glad you liked it

Edited by Van wink
pork life

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Bearing in mind that absolute shocking mess this Country is in, being a significant part of the last few Governments is not something to boast about. 

And the fact that she has chosen to say that the last 12 years of Tory Govts of which she is a part, have not delivered, shows how stupid she is.

Being able to **** you way through life doesn't make you clever.

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

Didn't you know him?

He was in the year below me.😉

• Haha 1

In preparation for us to be bought out so she can walk on the pitch at half time and demand that the Conservative members that didn't vote for her stand up and identify themselves... "C'mon! LETS BE AVIN YOUUUU!"

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

FFS, she is thick as two short planks, she is primed for the debates, has learned it verbatum and been highly coached, when we have seen her in the past having to think on her feet there is nothing there!

She's still an improvement on the incumbent. The bar is set very low.

4 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's not the devil! She's lying.   ......stop getting Bond wrong!!

42 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

She's still an improvement on the incumbent. 

Indeed, as would be my goldfish, Fanta

3 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Would that be mainly because of the age demographic? Or are you just throwing random comments out there?

Edited by chicken

I assume she must be some Machiavellian level political mastermind/operator behind closed doors because otherwise I don’t understand how someone so overtly terrible at public speaking and (imo) thoroughly unengaging and uninspiring is most likely about to become leader of the country. At least I know now she has one small redeeming quality.