Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Gabriel Sara | Update thread

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I'm pretty sure Zimmers knows a good array of languages?

If you know Spanish it's a leg up at least and we've got a few who can speak that.  Onel springs to mind.

Don't think there will be too much of a problem.

kick it anywhere is ……

chutá-lo em qualquer lugar👍

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Why didn’t Cambridgeshire start this thread? 

Because for once he realised it would be an unnecessary duplication of threads.🤓

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There are some things even I wouldn't do

Oh come on, you know you're going to start a 3rd thread as soon as he signs 😉

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mr Emery is an "ok" source of info. Some of his posts are really questionable. He has no inside info and usually just reposts info from somewhere else. 

Just now, shefcanary said:

Is Sara getting the number 11 shirt?

In the tweet released by the club, where it cycles through all of the announced numbers, 17 is still in there for a brief moment without a name.

Could be a mistake. Or maybe not.

• Thanks 1

Latest from a Pink'Un subscriber email:

Good afternoon all

The clock is ticking until Gabriel Sara is officially unveiled as a Norwich City player. The Brazilian midfielder travelled to the UK on Wednesday to complete his medical and finalise the details on a switch to the Canaries.

All done bar the unveiling then - even the Pink'Un wouldn't want that egg on their faces.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2022 at 11:44, Google Bot said:

I'm pretty sure Zimmers knows a good array of languages?

If you know Spanish it's a leg up at least and we've got a few who can speak that.  Onel springs to mind.

Don't think there will be too much of a problem.

Thought Zimbo only knew German and English going off that Skippy/McLean video a couple of years ago? McLean took the rip saying it was still two more languages than Onel knew!

One for the old-timers, but former Leicester man Pontus Kaamark was apparently quite the linguist.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Thought Zimbo only knew German and English going off that Skippy/McLean video a couple of years ago? McLean took the rip saying it was still two more languages than Onel knew!

One for the old-timers, but former Leicester man Pontus Kaamark was apparently quite the linguist.

Cunning?

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Good afternoon all

The clock is ticking until Gabriel Sara is officially unveiled as a Norwich City player. The Brazilian midfielder travelled to the UK on Wednesday to complete his medical and finalise the details on a switch to the Canaries.

All done bar the unveiling then - even the Pink'Un wouldn't want that egg on their faces.

Hold on! If his flight wasn’t tracked on Twitter and on here, it can’t be real surely?

I thought the sticking point was a work permit. Would this have gone through without issue? 

Edited by Nuff Said

19 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Hold on! If his flight wasn’t tracked on Twitter and on here, it can’t be real surely?

I thought the sticking point was a work permit. Would this have gone through without issue? 

I reckon he would get 4 or 5 points for the matches in the Campeonato Brasileiro and 8 points for the matches in the Copa Libertadores.

I think he also gets points for his team's final position in the 2 competitions-nothing for the Campeonato as they finished 13th but 8 points for the Libertadores as they reached the Quarter Finals.

So I think he gets more than the 15 points required 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I reckon he would get 4 or 5 points for the matches in the Campeonato Brasileiro and 8 points for the matches in the Copa Libertadores.

I think he also gets points for his team's final position in the 2 competitions-nothing for the Campeonato as they finished 13th but 8 points for the Libertadores as they reached the Quarter Finals.

So I think he gets more than the 15 points required 👍

Apparently he gets 27, according to the experts who have calculated everything.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Didn't consider myself an old-timer prior to this post. Did dig something out at work today that had an electrical test cert from 2007 which didn't seem too long ago, and then....

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Apparently he gets 27, according to the experts who have calculated everything.

Cool, thanks 😊 

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ah ok, perhaps it was Klose who was multi-lingual then?  I've got it from a video like that one you reference, but can't think where. 😞

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Good afternoon all

Fallen through. Sara pulled out of the medical on the basis that he can’t play in extreme heat. It is forecast to be 38C in Norwich tomorrow, while San Paulo will be a moderate 21C.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Fallen through. Sara pulled out of the medical on the basis that he can’t play in extreme heat. It is forecast to be 38C in Norwich tomorrow, while San Paulo will be a moderate 21C.

The age old question becomes 'but can he do it on a 35c Saturday in Stoke?'

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No 5pm announcement today then..

We thought you were in charge of announcements 🤔

He's currently doing a tour of Hellesden just in case.

He was also keen to see the progress down St Stephens St. It's a **** hole.