Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Gabriel Sara | Update thread

The other thread was full of political/brexit junk, so creating a new thread.

Gabriel Sara, 23 Year old Brazilian Midfielder

What we know:

1. Sao Paulo wanting to improve their financial situation, looking at generating 25m via player sales 
  2. FC Dallas & West Brom both showing interest in the player.  FC Dallas previously had $10m bid turned down in Jan 2022
  3. Agreement for £11.5m is in place (Which would be new club record) - £9.5m + £1.5m Bonuses 
  4. Agreement also includes a 10% sell-on clause if sold for a profit
  5. Webber flew out in person to get the deal "over the line"
  6. Gabriel wanted to complete his recovery in Brazil, but we are pushing for an immediate move.
  7. Originally existed an option for Gabriel to see out the season (December) with Sao Paulo.
  8. Agreement is four year deal, with one year option (Presumably in clubs favour as usual).
  9. HE'S EFFIN' SIGNED!  Announced 15th July  🇧🇷

What we don't know / Was debating:

1. How the deal is structured.  i.e. How much we pay up front.
  2. Does this mean we have to sell?
  3. How will he adapt to British football?
  4. What's the state of his Ankle injury?  Sao Paulo fans appear to have low trust in their own medical team.
  5. How does he fit into Smith's plans? Is he Attacking Mid, Central Mid, Box-to-box etc. 

Latest Articles:

The Mirror | Webber flies to Brazil to clinch record deal (July 10th 17:47)

EDP | Gabriel Sara: The inside track (July 11th 14:44)

I'll try and keep this updated

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sorry but you made a thread about something that's being talked about on another thread, against the rules or something. Come on TIL, tell him!

Yup, he did, and not because he didn't spot it on page 2 either! 

All because he had a strop... hilarity ensues. 

• Haha 1

Presumably he qualifies for a permit - that ought to be point 6 on the list of ‘what we know’…I believe it’s a formality/sorted.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Looks like the deal is being confirmed tomorrow, interesting article from spfc.net

https://spfc.net/news.asp?nID=225905

Translated:

• Gabriel "wanted to remain with the cub at least until his full recovery from the surgery performed"
  • Sao Paulo wanted to hold Sara until the end of the current Brazilian season. Norwich would only agree if Sao Paulo removed the stipulated clause.
  • Sao Paulo opted to keep the clauses, offering them more income from the sale.
  • New agreement is that Sara will leave immediately following contract being signed and his recovery is completed in UK.
  • Norwich will send representatives Tuesday (12th July) to seal the deal.
  • Contract will be four years, with an option to extend for another one.
Edited by Google Bot
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Chicken has competition for the match thread.

No competition old chap.

The match thread belongs to Lappinitup, I merely kept it going. I'm more than happy to let others do it. I don't do ownership in that sense. These are collections of pixels, owned by those who pay for the forum. You never know when the next post could be your last for whatever reason. I never take that for granted, especially not after the last couple of years. 👍

• Like 4

Listening to Hodgey's interview with the Miami based journalist who covers Brazilian football and thinking Sara sounds a lot like Johnny Howson. Anyone else getting those vibes?

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Anyway, about the Tory leadership race, that Steve Baker seems like a nice chap…

Oh you tinker!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

thinking Sara sounds a lot like Johnny Howson. Anyone else getting those vibes?

I managed to download a full game via a Brazilian plex share (vs Ponte Preta - Feb 2022), appeared to be playing right-side and definitely likes to dribble.  ...Maybe to a fault. 🙂

Very explosive if he steals the ball - seems great at reading the game and being in the right place, anyone wanting box-to-box type will not be disappointed.  The level of the Brazilian league is very hard to judge though.  He took the ball round 3-4 players but they weren't really putting up much of a fight.

Falls somewhere between Howson and Hoolahan for me.  I don't think he's as reliable as Howson, but he has that something extra to change a game that Hoolahan did.  Like Wes, he'll frustrate when losing the ball in the middle of the pitch through trying the audacious, but pulls of those moments of magic.

I really love the way he curls the ball, and his ability to pass and move - Pukki feeding off him would be incredible 'if' they ticked.   He does that typical lay off on the outside of the foot where you turn and move in one fluid movement.... Like a certain man did for us under Farke! 🙂

There's 3 other games on there from 2022 so gonna watch another in bed tonight! 

When I first saw him, I thought he was shoe in for attacking mid, but it's clear his best work is done bringing the ball up the field from deep.

Edit: Forgot to say he's quite unselfish too, in fact SP have quite nice build-up play as a team, and he knows how to go down if running out of space. lol

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I managed to download a full game via a Brazilian plex share (vs Ponte Preta - Feb 2022), appeared to be playing right-side and definitely likes to dribble.  ...Maybe to a fault. 🙂

Very explosive if he steals the ball - seems great at reading the game and being in the right place, anyone wanting box-to-box type will not be disappointed.  The level of the Brazilian league is very hard to judge though.  He took the ball round 3-4 players but they weren't really putting up much of a fight.

Falls somewhere between Howson and Hoolahan for me.  I don't think he's as reliable as Howson, but he has that something extra to change a game that Hoolahan did.  Like Wes, he'll frustrate when losing the ball in the middle of the pitch through trying the audacious, but pulls of those moments of magic.

I really love the way he curls the ball, and his ability to pass and move - Pukki feeding off him would be incredible 'if' they ticked.   He does that typical lay off on the outside of the foot where you turn and move in one fluid movement.... Like a certain man did for us under Farke! 🙂

🇧🇷 

Multi-Functional Attacking Conduit.

Few players can boast of occupying the many positions and roles that Gabriel Sara does throughout the game. He can score goals with near post runs from the nine space while also moving and connecting play in the central pockets and half-spaces while creating opportunities with low crosses from the wide areas.  He can also be employed as a natural winger, receiving the ball to cross or cut inside and have shots on goal. However, he can also connect play from the six-space as he is so well-rounded at only 23-years-old. It is exciting to watch him move into the central areas and work through balls for runners as he is a deep-lying distributer, half-space connecter and wide creator rolled into one. There are few players who can operate in the positions he operates in with the effectiveness and efficiency he operates with.

🎯 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

When I first saw him, I thought he was shoe in for attacking mid, but it's clear his best work is done bringing the ball up the field from deep.

Edit: Forgot to say he's quite unselfish too, in fact SP have quite nice build-up play as a team, and he knows how to go down if running out of space. lol

Yeah, from the way that chap described him he sounded a little bit like Lampard. Howson is probably about right. Having watched clips of him playing more centrally, he would certainly seem that type of player, but with that Brazilian flair. 

In the midst of the financial crisis, São Paulo counts on the sale of players to relieve the club's coffers a little.  Debts total approximately R$641 million, according to published financial statements.  Tricolor's goal of planning these sales for this year is R$ 142 million.  The sale of Gabriel Sara to Norwich City brought the club closer to this goal.

This goal was announced earlier this year in a document approved by the councilors.  Until the month of May of this year, Lance!  raised that São Paulo had already raised more than R$ 30 million in sales from athletes and in parts of rights.

Now, with Gabriel Sara, the situation is a little better for São Paulo.  As announced in advance by LANCE!, the midfielder will now wear the shirt of Norwich City , England.

São Paulo are expected to receive around 9.5 million pounds (almost R$61 million) for Gabriel Sara, but the amount could reach 11 million pounds (approximately R$70 million) if certain targets are met.  And according to the evaluation of the top, this is something quite possible.

Thus, in just over half of the year, São Paulo should add approximately R$ 115.5 million collected from player sales. .
🇧🇷 🛫🛫🛫🛬🛬🛬🇬🇧 
Edited by Mengo
  • Like 2

On 12/07/2022 at 00:31, Mengo said:

🇧🇷 

Multi-Functional Attacking Conduit.

Few players can boast of occupying the many positions and roles that Gabriel Sara does throughout the game. He can score goals with near post runs from the nine space while also moving and connecting play in the central pockets and half-spaces while creating opportunities with low crosses from the wide areas.  He can also be employed as a natural winger, receiving the ball to cross or cut inside and have shots on goal. However, he can also connect play from the six-space as he is so well-rounded at only 23-years-old. It is exciting to watch him move into the central areas and work through balls for runners as he is a deep-lying distributer, half-space connecter and wide creator rolled into one. There are few players who can operate in the positions he operates in with the effectiveness and efficiency he operates with.

🎯 

I tried a multi functional attacking conduit from Screwfix but the water pressure is still crap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

I tried a multi functional attacking conduit from Screwfix but the water pressure is still crap.

😅 it's often a better idea to call a professional plumber

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

São Paulo are expected to receive around 9.5 million pounds (almost R$61 million) for Gabriel Sara, but the amount could reach 11 million pounds (approximately R$70 million) if certain targets are met.  And according to the evaluation of the top, this is something quite possible.

Curious how that kind of transfer fee sits within the Brazilian game, is it considered sizeable news/amount in Brazil?  

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Curious how that kind of transfer fee sits within the Brazilian game, is it considered sizeable news/amount in Brazil?  

According to transfermarkt, it would be in the top 50 transfer fees recieved by a Brazilian club, though that's priced in €s and of course includes players from years back who would have cost comparatively more. 

Certainly newsworthy for a big club in financial difficulties. 

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Interesting the use of "at #NCFC" - he's here! 🙂 

Do we have any players who speak Portuguese?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nélson Oliveira come home!

Nope, get Ivo Pinto back instead! 😉

25 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nope, get Ivo Pinto back instead! 😉

How do we know?...maybe not any Portuguese born players here but maybe 1 or 2 guys could be multi linguist and Portuguese being  a language they've learned.

4 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

but maybe 1 or 2 guys could be multi linguist and Portuguese being  a language they've learned.

I'm pretty sure Zimmers knows a good array of languages?

If you know Spanish it's a leg up at least and we've got a few who can speak that.  Onel springs to mind.

Don't think there will be too much of a problem.

On 11/07/2022 at 21:28, chicken said:

No competition old chap.

The match thread belongs to Lappinitup, I merely kept it going. I'm more than happy to let others do it. I don't do ownership in that sense. These are collections of pixels, owned by those who pay for the forum. You never know when the next post could be your last for whatever reason. I never take that for granted, especially not after the last couple of years. 👍

Your match threads are excellent mate carry on doing them I'm sure I speak for most on here 

• Like 2