Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

Todd to Borussia

Cant see Farke wanting him there personally. unfortunately

Edited by Greavsy

Two quotes from the recent press conference.

Roland Virkus (DOF): "The way Daniel got promoted with Norwich convinced us. His team was defined by its footballing approach. He worked with a lot of youngsters and had a good structure in the team."

Daniel Farke: "I think it is important that a club has clear values and a strong identity. Borussia stands for possession, dominance, creativity and a love of the game. I can identify with all of these things."

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Two quotes from the recent press conference.

Roland Virkus (DOF): "The way Daniel got promoted with Norwich convinced us. His team was defined by its footballing approach. He worked with a lot of youngsters and had a good structure in the team."

Daniel Farke: "I think it is important that a club has clear values and a strong identity. Borussia stands for possession, dominance, creativity and a love of the game. I can identify with all of these things."

Hopefully they’ve got the budget to practice that successfully, we didn’t.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Which Borussia, there's a few of them.

Borrussia Dereham! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Hopefully they’ve got the budget to practice that successfully, we didn’t.

using my football translator - working with youngsters = no significant money to spend 

• Like 1

Could see Max being sounded out, perhaps a stepping stone to Bayern for real. (<-- and I don't mean for Real)

Todd did well 40 minutes down the road, just over the border, proving he can hack it abroad which is key (OK obviously at a completely different level back then). If Todd 'n' Dan hadn't fallen out footballing-wise can imagine it being an amazing 'rebirth' opportunity for Todd

Edited by GenerationA47
keeping it 'unReal' for clarity...

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Borrussia Dereham! 

Shouldn't that be Bor-russia Dereham 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

Nail it on. Possibly the best deal for everyone.

In hoping he takes Sargent. He won't though because he's ****

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Which Borussia, there's a few of them.

There's only one where they have a Director of Football called Roland Virkus (Borussia Monchengladbach). 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

They have 24 year old French International Marcus Thuram on their left wing, son of legendary Lilian Thuram. 

Farke isn't interested in any of our wingers, none of them are of the required standard for his new club.

His new squad is a significant upgrade on ours.

Can only see him being interested in Pukki as a squad player.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

I think there is more chance of Farke greasing the internal  wheels so that Webber can become Gladbach’s sporting director…..

39 minutes ago, astro said:

I think there is more chance of Farke greasing the internal  wheels so that Webber can become Gladbach’s sporting director…..

Wishful thinking..........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They have 24 year old French International Marcus Thuram on their left wing, son of legendary Lilian Thuram. 

Farke isn't interested in any of our wingers, none of them are of the required standard for his new club.

His new squad is a significant upgrade on ours.

Can only see him being interested in Pukki as a squad player.

Their fans weren't speaking to highly of Thuram, when someone mentioned them signing Rashica they said at least we can sell Thuram for €20m then

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Pukki? 

I'm hoping he doesn't fit the 'a lot of youngsters' quote!

You do realise under our current structure Farke probably didn't sanction moves for many of these players, Webber did. Farkes job was just to try and get the most out of them so he won't be coming back for players like Sargent. As for Cantwell given he was given out, absolutely not a chance. 

I refuse to believe that Farke had no say at all in last summer's signings...especially those coming from Germany

Indeed after the Signing of Sargent , I recall Farke reeling off his 'supposed' strengths and how 'lucky' we were to get him

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I refuse to believe that Farke had no say at all in last summer's signings...especially those coming from Germany

Indeed after the Signing of Sargent , I recall Farke reeling off his 'supposed' strengths and how 'lucky' we were to get him

Apparently Farke was very disappointed by the club's transfer window and didn't feel it was good enough. We know from his time at Huddersfield that Webber likes the German market so I doubt Farke had that much say in the signings last summer. 

And he was hardly going to tell the press that he didn't rate a new signing, even if he wasn't a fan.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Apparently Farke was very disappointed by the club's transfer window and didn't feel it was good enough. We know from his time at Huddersfield that Webber likes the German market so I doubt Farke had that much say in the signings last summer. 

And he was hardly going to tell the press that he didn't rate a new signing, even if he wasn't a fan.

There’s some real mixed messages from various journalists sources on last summer, some saying he was unhappy others saying he wanted some or all of those players. Also mention that he had veto on all transfers. Love to know what the truth was.