29 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think we need to be building for a premier league squad, not use the players we have, we need new blood, Smith style and not huge changes on promotion, build now to survive, not just to go up!

I agree with your sentiments, the problem is that we have too many average players who need to move on to make room for the new blood. The big problem is how do we move on so many players?

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's "Danel" not "Daniel".  

I'm afraid people have got the name ( Daniel) from somewhere , imbedded in the mind 😅. Yes its Danel! 😉

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I'm afraid people have got the name ( Daniel) from somewhere , imbedded in the mind 😅. Yes its Danel! 😉

Probably from the pinkun? 🙂

image.png.9fa4dd5f8ce60df86a60e1c5b8a35206.png

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Probably from the pinkun? 🙂

image.png.9fa4dd5f8ce60df86a60e1c5b8a35206.png

Maybe Danel is a secret investor for the club. Anything is possible at the moment🤫😉. Deary me Paddy!

He’s just been a regular starter for a team that’s finished 3rd in the league we are going into. That should tell you he’s more than capable of playing at this level. I’d like to see what he’s capable of for us. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Im not sure I agree with you on McLean. He could surely be one the championships top performers next season. 

We missed him in the last few matches 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

He’s just been a regular starter for a team that’s finished 3rd in the league we are going into. That should tell you he’s more than capable of playing at this level. I’d like to see what he’s capable of for us. 

Agreed. At least give him the chance to show what he can do during the pre season. I'd like to think he'd look good in a better team than Huddersfield.

You have to give him a chance, even if he’s only going to be a squad player.  As others have said, he played plenty in a side that finished 3rd, so he can’t be too bad.

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Im not sure I agree with you on McLean. He could surely be one the championships top performers next season. 

Kenny was a poor player from the day he first signed. Not good enough for a top Championship side let alone the PL. I can’t remember a game that he really bossed, created , scored, marked a player out of the game, protected the back line like his life depended on it and looked an overall decent player.   Tettey for example, you could see what he did and brought to the team, ditto Skipp. Kenny, no matter what position you can guarantee a steady 6/10 performance. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hernandez’s problem is the last two season’s he spent with us he wasn’t fit and to me he looked like he’d bulked up too much. He needed games and a loan last season was probably best all round. If he can stay fit he’ll do a decent job for us next season. 

The problem is he normally plays on the left. How many left sided players do we need? It might be worth having a cull of half at least and reinvest in a decent attacking RM and a decent DM.

50 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Kenny was a poor player from the day he first signed. Not good enough for a top Championship side let alone the PL. I can’t remember a game that he really bossed, created , scored, marked a player out of the game, protected the back line like his life depended on it and looked an overall decent player.   Tettey for example, you could see what he did and brought to the team, ditto Skipp. Kenny, no matter what position you can guarantee a steady 6/10 performance. 

You what?

Kenny is not good enough in the PL, but he's shown by his presence in not one but two Championship winning sides that he's more than capable at this level. 

I've listed statistic after statistic in the Premier League in which he was one of our top performing players. To say he's not good enough for a top Championship side is absolute nonsense and just shows you don't know a footballer is one smacked you in your empty head. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Not good enough for a top Championship side let alone the PL. I can’t remember a game that he really bossed, created , scored, marked a player out of the game, protected the back line like his life depended on it and looked an overall decent player

Because he played within a well organised & patient unit under Farke. 

Proven Integral to our promotions, and within the Scottish squad who made it to the euros for the first time since '96.

Seems to be on the decline a little, but I'd still say he's worthy at a top Championship club easily.

5 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Hes not very good. That's why he only played a bit part for us last time we were at this level. 

Unfortunately I think he falls into that category that people think he's better than what he is because "he loves the club"

His stats for us last time we were at this level don't make for good reading, 0 goals 0 assists in over 20 apps.

He had injury problems in that season and only started 6 times.

Still in a class above Placheta regardless of the 'loves the club'. At least he would of showed some fight and passion as well.

3 hours ago, Move Klose said:

They were telling us how quick Placheta is when he signed, I haven't seen him run past anyone in 2 years.

Probably looks quick in the Polish second tier

5 hours ago, Move Klose said:

It's the same people who forget the main reason we won the championship the last 2 times we've been there. And his name is Emi Buendia. 

I though it was Buendia AND Skipp for the last one?

1st title season wasn't so much on Buendia. He didn't set the world alight at first... I also feel that people underestimate Pukki's influence on him. Statistically, he didn't assist Pukki as much as people like to think, but they certainly formed a very good connection on the pitch.

I think it's fair to say that we have always been a team who always get more out of players when we have that team spirit, I can't help but feel that was those two season's biggest weapons, but it wasn't enough for premier league survival.

Buendia thrived on that, look at him this season in comparison, he has struggled. We all know there is a player in there. It is important to recognise that the first season we went up with Farke, there was little pressure on the team, everyone was aboard the rollercoaster. Pukki was an unknown who very quickly shot his way into being a fan favourite.

But there were other staring parts too. Stiepermann, Zimmermann, Godfrey emerging from the loans and U23's as a DM to a CB. Aarons and Lewis giving us pace and width on both sides. Cantwell. Everywhere you looked we pretty much had a player full of confidence.

That's why the 2nd promotion season was probably all the more spectacular. In hindsight, they probably should have sold Cantwell. Buendia somehow managed to get back on track and gave us the best football he had ever played to that point IMHO. Before that, he certainly hadn't been anywhere near as complete a player. Going forward, yes, but tracking back and working hard... The premier league season, for example, was best summed up by a lot of petulance, ground slapping and angry gesticulation rather than focusing that energy into getting back and winning the ball back that he had lost.

We can keep pointing back to Buendia. We can say we'll not find it as easy. We can say our squad is rubbish or whatever. The championship is never an easy league. Anyone saying either way at this point needs a cup of tea and a damp cloth to the forehead. Yes, we don't have Buendia, and I am sure many feel that is the reason for all of our woes and why didn't we give him a 10yr contract with a gazillion £'s buy out clause as he is going to be the next Marapele Beckhambauer galaxy best player etc etc etc.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about last time, or the time before, or the time before that etc. Do I wish we still had a late 20's Grant Holt or Wes Hoolahan? You bet I do, but as both are 40+ now, at some point you learn to move on at the right pace. The time is now for someone else to step forward and take up the reins. That might be a single player, it might be a new partnership, it might be that a player we have finds new form and consistency. Or a youngster steps forwards and shows what they've got.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Stupid re Hernandez.

Hes so good he finished the season on loan at Birmingham

Whatever anyone on here thinks I'm sure Deano and Shakey will run the rule over all the returning loanees if they haven't already and will know who they want to keep and who to get shot of, he said several times last season that it was a big squad so obviously needs trimming even without some new faces coming in. The fact that Argos and Hugill struggled a bit on loan doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a role to play here, its not always that black and white although you'd expect them to move on.

Bottom line is that we have an awful lot of players here and don't need them all.

Regarding all this defending of Hernandez, I think we should sell him this summer. I know he’s great at this level, but he has one year  left and we’ve got several wingers coming through the academy (Rowe, Springett, Martin). I also think we should sell Placheta who has two years left and although last summer I still had belief he could make the grade, I can’t see that happening now. If not, send him out on loan with an option to buy

He's worth looking at and from I have seen  a good squad player to have, but for wide attacking players I would suggest our current rank in order is

Rashica

Rowe

Springett

Hernandez 

Sinani

Placheta 

Which is atleast 2 too many , and if we sign another attacker he and Idah can be uses out wide too.

18 hours ago, Indy said:

Yes no doubt but he’s so poor in the premiership and it’s a position we need to get new blood in, we need an upgrade on McLean!

Yes but what people fail to acknowledge is whilst in the championship its very unlikely you'll sign a better player than McLean. Its very difficult to build a Premier League side in the championship because if they're Premier League quality then they'll go to Premier League clubs. You might have some younger prospects but then you still need McLean in the squad to help the younger ones through.

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes but what people fail to acknowledge is whilst in the championship its very unlikely you'll sign a better player than McLean. Its very difficult to build a Premier League side in the championship because if they're Premier League quality then they'll go to Premier League clubs. You might have some younger prospects but then you still need McLean in the squad to help the younger ones through.

That’s not strictly true is it? Brentford built a premier league squad and stayed up, McLean certainly isn’t any better from what I’ve seen than Sorensen, he’s just one of those players who gets the managers nod. Certainly wouldn’t get in 50% of supporters starting 11, certainly not mine!

15 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Because he played within a well organised & patient unit under Farke. 

Proven Integral to our promotions, and within the Scottish squad who made it to the euros for the first time since '96.

Seems to be on the decline a little, but I'd still say he's worthy at a top Championship club easily.

He bench warms an average Scotland side. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

That’s not strictly true is it? Brentford built a premier league squad and stayed up, McLean certainly isn’t any better from what I’ve seen than Sorensen, he’s just one of those players who gets the managers nod. Certainly wouldn’t get in 50% of supporters starting 11, certainly not mine!

No, they didn't build a Premier League squad. They had a squad with one or two Premier League players, a good manager, momentum, some overperforming players and a one-off January signing like Eriksen. 

Mclean gets the managers nod, multiple managers nod, and his teammates nod too. Ask any of our first team if they'd rather play with Sorensen in the middle next season or Mclean.

The fact he doesn't get in half our fans XI isn't really a defense, we've seen historically how wrong they get it time after time after time (Vrancic is a league one player at best, Holt is a fat waster, Pukk is a Celtic reject, I could go on)

Edited by hogesar

3 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

He's worth looking at and from I have seen  a good squad player to have, but for wide attacking players I would suggest our current rank in order is

Rashica

Rowe

Springett

Hernandez 

Sinani

Placheta 

Which is at least 2 too many , and if we sign another attacker he and Idah can be uses out wide too.

Don't forget Sargent and possibly Cantwell also. I think Hernandez is at the bottom of the list. 

We have a bloated squad and it's unlikely we'll renew Onel's contract. Move him on if anyone's interested. 

Being in the Championship provides some opportunity to develop youngsters. Hernandez would be a blockage to that development, but's that my opinion as an armchair coach 😉

16 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You what?

Kenny is not good enough in the PL, but he's shown by his presence in not one but two Championship winning sides that he's more than capable at this level. 

I've listed statistic after statistic in the Premier League in which he was one of our top performing players. To say he's not good enough for a top Championship side is absolute nonsense and just shows you don't know a footballer is one smacked you in your empty head. 

If you ever get to speak to one of our players whilst in the city or whatever, you'll find they agree with you. With our current team, they'd all put Kenny in the side.

Dean Smith would put Kenny in the side.

Shakespeare would put Kenny in the side.

Farke would put Kenny in the side.

Darren Easie would put Kenny in the side.

Simon Lappin would put Kenny in the side.

But, according to a few posters on here, they're all wrong and isn't even good enough at Championship level (despite having two titles to his name).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

If you ever get to speak to one of our players whilst in the city or whatever, you'll find they agree with you. With our current team, they'd all put Kenny in the side.

Dean Smith would put Kenny in the side.

Shakespeare would put Kenny in the side.

Farke would put Kenny in the side.

Darren Easie would put Kenny in the side.

Simon Lappin would put Kenny in the side.

But, according to a few posters on here, they're all wrong and isn't even good enough at Championship level (despite having two titles to his name).

Well said 

Tzolis also been forgotten about above, could still be a story for him at NCFC 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Well said 

Tzolis also been forgotten about above, could still be a story for him at NCFC 

100000000% won't be here come August. Whether that's a loan or permanent time will tell.

I think if the club can get their money back and a % sell on then he will leave permanently.

It's pretty much common knowledge that he will be gone this summer.