Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Liverpool fans again

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

Aware of that thanks. It’s a culture now where a narrative is jumped upon and the truth is irrelevant 

>Criticises people for having an opinion jumped upon without proof

>has an opinion that is tied to a narrative and has no proof

• Like 1

Funny, we've been slating Webber for blaming fans for something that wasn't their fault.

Yet on this thread...

I have no love for Liverpool. But don't be quick to blame supporters until you know what's actually happened.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It’s an attempt to make it more like the superbowl 

So popular that the second she stopped singing and was expecting cheers and applause the entire stadium united in mass booing her

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

That says 12 of them are in Paris, not trying to storm the ground.

20,000 tickets were allocated; 60,000 Liverpool fans are in Paris. Do the maths ffs. They haven't gone there for a prayer circle. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

I hope everyone in Russia is crowded round their 24 inch telly down the local watching this. 

I wonder if Sputin understands irony.  

Norwich would have gone to Europe 3 times if it wasn’t for the way Liverpool act all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

thanks for this. Embarrassing number of people on this thread letting their prejudices get the better of them.

Not at all.  I’m sure it will be looked into and be found to not have been Liverpool fans doing anything wrong at all. So that’s all good.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Norwich would have gone to Europe 3 times if it wasn’t for the way Liverpool act all the time.

Calm down son. That’s a bit speculative 

44 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Reporter on radio 5 saying Liverpool fans outside without tickets are trying to steal them from fans who do. Another ban coming.

At least it won't affect our European aspirations this time 😉

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Calm down son. That’s a bit speculative 

Uh, no. It’s not

we qualified but English clubs were banned because of Heysel

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If they win I’m predicting a scouse pitch invasion 

Looks like 3 'fences' to get over though.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

20,000 tickets were allocated; 60,000 Liverpool fans are in Paris. Do the maths ffs. They haven't gone there for a prayer circle. 

This happens with every European final. Reportedly 70k Rangers fans in Seville. Ticket less fans travel in hope of finding a tout or taking in the atmosphere. I don't doubt some Liverpool fans tried to get in without tickets but clearly the issues here tonight were massive organisational failures but don't let that get in the way of your prejudices. 

Looks organisational. If the Mail is standing up for Liverpool fans, I can only assume it's legit!

image.thumb.png.b0936c86ea57683196a8b0c78db89410.png

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looks like 3 'fences' to get over though.

They’ve been practising at Aintree

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is everyone sat in their comfy chairs finished commenting on something they have no clue about?

It never stops you the rest of the season!

It does look like the organisation has been pretty desperate, but I doubt that fans (of both sides) are blameless.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The bit about us qualifying for Europe is a fact, son.

Dodgy brickie apparently 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

It never stops you the rest of the season!

Sorry I didn't realise you were outside the ground. You come across as trying to be fair but your posts on this are certainly prejudiced.

Champions League Final 2007 in Athens. Remind yourselves what happened and which English club  was involved? It was said at the time that it was a miracle 'another Hillsborough didn't happen'. Then read up on  who got the blame and who was held 'not to be at fault'. 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Sorry I didn't realise you were outside the ground. You come across as trying to be fair but your posts on this are certainly prejudiced.

I speak from experience, plenty of it, and certainly try to be fair. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. 
But when you have tens of thousands of people encouraged to go to the city and ground, without tickets, it’s not likely to end too well - is it?  We’ll see plenty of mitigation but stupidity is well at play.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

This happens with every European final. Reportedly 70k Rangers fans in Seville. Ticket less fans travel in hope of finding a tout or taking in the atmosphere. I don't doubt some Liverpool fans tried to get in without tickets but clearly the issues here tonight were massive organisational failures but don't let that get in the way of your prejudices. 

It's a fact that ticketless fans have been scaling fences and running into the ground. Granted most of them aren't wearing identifiable clothes that associate them with either side, but if you are insisting that none of them can possibly be Liverpool fans and can only be RM fans then perhaps it's you who needs to have a think about your prejudices. 

It doesn't seem to be down to Liverpool fans this occasion but the reason people jump to that conclusion is because they have a history of misbehaving. 

• Like 1

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's a fact that ticketless fans have been scaling fences and running into the ground. Granted most of them aren't wearing identifiable clothes that associate them with either side, but if you are insisting that none of them can possibly be Liverpool fans and can only be RM fans then perhaps it's you who needs to have a think about your prejudices. 

I think there's a fair old difference in just blaming Liverpool fans and seeing that the real issue here appears to be serious organisational problems that affected the fans of both teams, Liverpool's fans probably more so.

To be fair people respond to the opening post 'Liverpool Fans Again' which states the BBC reported that 'ticketless fans were storming the stadium'.