Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Liverpool fans again

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's a fact that ticketless fans have been scaling fences and running into the ground. Granted most of them aren't wearing identifiable clothes that associate them with either side, but if you are insisting that none of them can possibly be Liverpool fans and can only be RM fans then perhaps it's you who needs to have a think about your prejudices. 

Learn to read.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't doubt some Liverpool fans tried to get in without tickets

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

It doesn't seem to be down to Liverpool fans this occasion but the reason people jump to that conclusion is because they have a history of misbehaving. 

How very dare you!

Still, at least the football is well under way, so it’ll just be post-match mayhem to come…

The sad and quite pathetic thing is that there were many on this thread that were absolutely desperate for those delays to be Liverpool fans fault based on a prejudice built up for over 40 years. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I speak from experience, plenty of it, and certainly try to be fair. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. 
But when you have tens of thousands of people encouraged to go to the city and ground, without tickets, it’s not likely to end too well - is it?  We’ll see plenty of mitigation but stupidity is well at play.

I know three people who have gone. They don't have tickets and won't try and get one. But living in Cornwall, they just want to soak up the atmosphere and meet fellow supporters.

A bit expensive if you ask me, Paris is €15 a pint and bars not pubs so it wouldn't appeal to me.

26 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just possibly having to deal with half-wits with no tickets has slowed things down...

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Learn to read.

Right back at you (note no mention of fan allegiances in my original comment that somehow triggered you). 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It doesn't seem to be down to Liverpool fans this occasion but the reason people jump to that conclusion is because they have a history of misbehaving. 

Like Hillsboro 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I know three people who have gone. They don't have tickets and won't try and get one. But living in Cornwall, they just want to soak up the atmosphere and meet fellow supporters.

A bit expensive if you ask me, Paris is €15 a pint and bars not pubs so it wouldn't appeal to me.

It wouldn’t even occur to me to go if I couldn’t get a ticket.

I find it odd how many seem to - and it often doesn’t end well…

35 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This is the legacy of having absolved Liverpool fans of any responsibility over Hillsborough. 

No. The Police did that by lying. Maybe the consequences of Heysel.

• Like 2

I most certainly want the reds to win - not a fan of this not supporting the English side - and by far the better side so far.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Right back at you (note no mention of fan allegiances in my original comment that somehow triggered you). 

Oh sorry, I thought you were specifically blaming Liverpool fans. No idea how I got that impression...

37 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This is the legacy of having absolved Liverpool fans of any responsibility over Hillsborough. 

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

At least twelve definitely are, and that's doubtless the tip of the iceberg. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/28/liverpool-fans-cross-channel-on-speedboat-after-flight-cancelled

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

20,000 tickets were allocated; 60,000 Liverpool fans are in Paris. Do the maths ffs. They haven't gone there for a prayer circle. 

...ah.

• Like 1

Yep, knew the Hillsborough lie would come up. Even the Taylor Report showed that the South Yorkshire Police were talking bunkum there.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Oh sorry, I thought you were specifically blaming Liverpool fans. No idea how I got that impression...

...ah.

Yeah, all came after your indigant response rushing to the defence of Liverpool fans as innocent saints in retort to a comment I never made in the first place. 

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Was it not their fault?

that’s odd 

Jeez Buh … I blindly agree with almost everything you express a view on. 
However, NCFC did have crack at it and I was stationed in Düsseldorf when we made the breakthrough- but no matter whether it was once or four times, that was our chance, and it’s a tentative suggestion that we’d have made anything of the other chances of Euro Fame

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Jeez Buh … I blindly agree with almost everything you express a view on. 
However, NCFC did have crack at it and I was stationed in Düsseldorf when we made the breakthrough- but no matter whether it was once or four times, that was our chance, and it’s a tentative suggestion that we’d have made anything of the other chances of Euro Fame

Oxford and Luton were robbed of a chance as well btw because of Liverpools shît fans and the way they act

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yeah, all came after your indigant response rushing to the defence of Liverpool fans as innocent saints in retort to a comment I never made in the first place. 

Seriously my man, learn to read.

That first comment I quoted is on page one.

My first response to you is on page 2.

I'm not a time traveller.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Oxford and Luton were robbed of a chance as well btw because of Liverpools shît fans and the way they act

Mate, you have an issue. 
You are clearly well informed. 

I’ll just enjoy the game and cheer on Real Nadrid whilst scoffing my rather large Curry

😂

People do realise a football match has managed to break out, don’t they?!

I was only watching for the Camila Cabello concert  

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Mate, you have an issue. 
You are clearly well informed. 

I’ll just enjoy the game and cheer on Real Nadrid whilst scoffing my rather large Curry

😂

Nadrid

Nadal and Madrid 😆

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

You wonder if Liverpool will regret not cashing in on this first 30mins…

Especially considering Madrids ability for a late comeback. 

40 minutes ago, king canary said:

Reports on the ground are the half wits without tickets aren't Liverpool fans though...

This was literally your first comment to me, quite clearly asserting that none of the ticketless fans storming the ground had anything to do with Liverpool 

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This was literally your first comment to me, quite clearly asserting that none of the ticketless fans storming the ground had anything to do with Liverpool 

Watch the game, fella.

• Like 1

You wonder if Liverpool will regret not cashing in on this first 30mins…

Real game plan going OK. They'll be stronger 2nd half when they bring on the youngsters.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They should have gone up to Blackpool....similar tower an' a pint of the cheap ale's £2.70....

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Real game plan going OK. They'll be stronger 2nd half when they bring on the youngsters.

Dope on a Rope ?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Vinicius is so quick too that trying to defend him after 70/80 minutes of playing Klopp style pressing football doesn't sound like fun.