Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Quality and truthful

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Excellent Stuff. 👍🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I can't believe how people can get the wrong end of the stick so easily - and these people making daft (if well made) videos like this.

Fans DO affect what happens on the pitch and it's about time people realised it and accepted it. If fans are quiet, nervous, fatalistic, or whatever negative trait they have at any particular time - then that transmits to players - as much as they can be a twelfth man to boost the team at other times - and that is all Webber was saying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Mick Dennis won't like that.

There'll be lickspittle all over his pooter screen....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I can't believe how people can get the wrong end of the stick so easily - and these people making daft (if well made) videos like this.

Fans DO affect what happens on the pitch and it's about time people realised it and accepted it. If fans are quiet, nervous, fatalistic, or whatever negative trait they have at any particular time - then that transmits to players - as much as they can be a twelfth man to boost the team at other times - and that is all Webber was saying.

What are you talking about?

Did Webber talk about the recruitment at all?

Just now, lake district canary said:

I don't know if you think it was funny, or you meant it, but it was abusive either way.

Well you know me.....I don't do humour....

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only two hours until Friendly Friday ends and you could not even last that long!

This friendly Friday........?

Seems like there are less people that on Norwich Talk. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Before I say anything else lets be clear my post is not a dig at you for not being able to attend many games. As somebody who did not miss a home game, it was clear to me by 31st October 2021 that we would be relegated, I had absolutely no doubt of that.......why?..........because it was clear we were not good enough to stay up and part of the reason for that was that the players recruited by Stuart Webber were not Premier League quality (and I say that as somebody who is probably in the minority of one and likes Josh Sargent as a player). Imagine having the joy of promotion and the hope of staying up sucked out of you after nine games, imagine how it felt turning up to Carrow Rd thinking "we should get something today", only to leave the ground utterly dejected. 

Big, brave, honest Stuart Webber aimed a low blow at the Norwich City fans to deflect attention from his failures. No amount of shouting, screaming and cheering was going to turn a sows ear into a silk purse. 

As far as I am concerned Norwich City fans are magnificent and I will defend them to the hilt, unless there is a justifiable reason to criticise them.

It genuinely saddens me that fellow fans could even think Webber was right on this one, it really does, no matter how you spin it he criticised the fans and that is not on nor is it fair...............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

As far as I am concerned Norwich City fans are magnificent and I will defend them to the hilt, unless there is a justifiable reason to criticise them.

It genuinely saddens me that fellow fans could even think Webber was right on this one, it really does, no matter how you spin it he criticised the fans and that is not on nor is it fair...............

Fans are not respsonsible for what happens on the pitch, but they can and do influence what happens.  If anyone ever says that the fans are brilliant and help a team across the line - if you believe that can happen, then you also have to believe that the opposite is true - that they can affect a team negatively.  It's not a controversial statement - it's the truth. That is all Webber was referring to - he was a  bit clumsy with the way he said it, but he was saying people giving up so early in the season was not helpful. I agree with him on that - but I also agree recruitment could have been better.

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Fans are not respsonsible for what happens on the pitch, but they can and do influence what happens.  If anyone ever says that the fans are brilliant and help a team across the line - if you believe that can happen, then you also have to believe that the opposite is true - that they can affect a team negatively.  It's not a controversial statement - it's the truth. That is all Webber was referring to - he was a  bit clumsy with the way he said it, but he was saying people giving up so early in the season was not helpful. I agree with him on that - but I also agree recruitment could have been better.

I am sorry but I just don't view Webber the same way you do, at no point in the interview does he hold HIS hands up and admit HE got it wrong, so for me there is only one way to take his comment re the fans, it was another excuse, in a long list of excuses that deflected the blame for relegation away from him. 

We won't agree on this but I won't fall out with you over it either.

OTBC!!...........

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sense of humour bypass alert..

Love it!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Crap players bought..fans losing faith..as an intelligent adult what do you think had the biggest effect on our disasterous season. Which one didthe DoF choose to highlight?

Don't blame it on the players..don't blame on owners..don't blame on Webber..blame it on the fans..🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Neither side are correct, in my opinion.

On Webber's side, he needs to accept that we've been woeful for a long time in the PL under his watch. There was optimism at the beginning of the season, however that quickly subsided when it was clear that we'd actually gone backwards.

He also needs to remember that the fans largely defended the club when outlets like Talksport were being critical. It's been humiliating.

On the fans side, this comment has been made into a much bigger thing that it actually is. He has said that they need to get everything right and they didn't. Whilst he could've been more explicit about it, the fans - including the makers of this video - are completely ignoring everything else he's said and making out that he's blaming it solely on the fans. People are being way too blinkered and it's boardering on pathetic.

• Like 2

Fans will get behind the side if they feel the players are giving 100% at all times, are committed to the cause and up to the standard of whatever league they're in. The last bit is down to Webber and the recruitment team but responsibility for the other two lies with the players themselves, for some reason City lost the 'togetherness' that was evident under Farke and it had better be found quickly again over the summer because although the squad might look good on paper to challenge for promotion that in itself isn't going to be enough. 

5 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am sorry but I just don't view Webber the same way you do, at no point in the interview does he hold HIS hands up and admit HE got it wrong, so for me there is only one way to take his comment re the fans, it was another excuse, in a long list of excuses that deflected the blame for relegation away from him. 

We won't agree on this but I won't fall out with you over it either.

OTBC!!...........

Webber has a sense of the conservative government about him! No humility and no responsibility!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

And Webber is talking about people in the ground . That actually go. Regularly . 
So the people that go , and not those that pontificate from miles away , can take offence at being criticised. I think he is talking shïte. From my perspective of a fan , attending games , spending hard earned money , and watching absolute dross all season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If you think fans affect what goes on on the pitch, why not get yourself down to Carrow Road as chief cheerleader? I’m sure if the Yanks come in they will be looking for cheerleaders and you are the number one candidate obviously 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

We played last season behind closed doors and were one result away from 100 points. I think crowds can have an impact to a very limited extent. It’s not for the fans to try and get the players motivated. If they aren’t motivated beforehand there is nothing we can do to change that. 

• Like 2

Webbers just doing the standard 21st century “it’s a shame that there’s a tiny minority” pariah, division tactics. You get a hashtag going, cause some division, some deflection. Pîss off up a mountain while the fanbase argue amongst themselves and those that dared to question this nuclear reactor fire of a season are labelled as domestic terrorists because they didn’t clap hard enough.

At this point I hope the Americans come in and sack him, publicly, humiliatingly. Preferably via satellite phone while he’s at base camp. “Stay in Tibet fella, you’re useless” 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

True. 

Spandau Ballet....?

Roight now it's your go....Shang a Lang....