Sign in to follow this  
Chelm Canary

Our time here isn't over yet. Arsenal or spurs?

We still get to play a part in this league and other leagues.

Final day of the season and if we turn up we can change the future of champions League football. 

We beat spurs and Arsenal win then everything changes. 

Who do we prefer? 

Personally I'd be amused if we turn spurs over (unlikely) on the final day and arsenal get the championship league spot. 

It does make our final game somewhat important. I will be watching.

Would be funny for the prem league to implode and Spurs, Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool lose to boring 1-0s on the final day.  A weekend of sheer anti-climax. (Do I sound like the grinch here? lol)

That said, Arsenal grabbing 4th would make good viewing in the "All or nothing" series, when you consider where they were start of season.  We may be treated to Arteta singing "Teemu Pukki baby!" as the credits roll! 🙂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You think we will get anything from Spurs? Wow!

Please re-read my post. You missed something

We don't stand a hope in hell of getting anything from the game. Spurs will score early doors then probably go on to smash us 5-0

8 minutes ago, AJ said:

We don't stand a hope in hell of getting anything from the game. Spurs will score early doors then probably go on to smash us 5-0

What if this dude is doing some magic **** and makes Harry fall off his broomstick though?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f75306a4a4d6979756e4d68432d513d3d2d313136383535363738302e313663326466613936306230376663663138373834363733373937372e676966

Edit: I'm so sorry, I've confused reality with the world of Harry Kane.

Edit 2: Harry Potter, I mean.

Edit 3: Wrong sport too, turns out this was Quidditch.

Edit 4: Oh **** this is embarrassing, it wasn't even that dude doing the magic in the first place!

Edit 5: Yup, confirmed - he was trying to prevent it.  Sorry everyone!

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 2

Much rather Arsenal get 4th place so if we could pull off the unthinkable to help them out, it'll make for a shining light in a shower of **** season for us. 

Although born just a couple of miles from White Hart Lane, and far from being a fan of Arsenal, I would still be over the moon with a Norwich win on Sunday.

Why? Because I support the Canaries (lived here since 1966, so I'm allowed to). At the end of the day, it doesn't matter a sparrow's f@rt who finishes fourth in the PL - we will be a Championship side again next season. 

The joy of a win would come not from the affect it had on other teams positions, but from our own team showing some fight and getting the result.

Having said that, I must admit that it would be a chuckle to p*** off Jamie "look at me, look at me" O'Hara.

• Like 1

Always had an affiliation with Tottenham so would rather they get Champs League but don't want us to lose so a nice entertaining 2-2 draw would do just fine. 

As much as i can’t stand Spurs, i would prefer they get the 4th spot over Arsenal. Still a bit salty that they called off their games with one covid case compared to us who were riddled with it. Though that says more about our management. It is also amusing seeing Arteta implode as well as my Arsenal supporting mates. 

Arsenal fans suddenly turning into Norwich supporters. Come and join the misery with us.

Edited by AJ

40 minutes ago, AJ said:

Arsenal fans suddenly turning into Norwich supporters. Come and join the misery with us.

Arsenal fans have been miserable and entitled for years 

• Haha 1

Posted this a few days ago... If we do turn over Spuds.. the funny thing is that Arsenal will mess it up, every Spuds fan would take that outcome on Sunday! 

On 17/05/2022 at 23:28, Chelm Canary said:

In football you never know

Overall indeed, but with us we can have a pretty good guess

Unlikely but you never know. Along Come Norwich might have a different meaning this weekend. We just need to find a way of playing well for most of the 90 mins; we've seldom done that this season.

This should be huge motivation for our players. Grab a win and our game will be shown on highlights reels forever in terms of incredible final days of PL. Go and make some history boys. 

More likely though, Spurs roll us over and Son grabs secures golden boot. 

I have to say, our game against spurs is looking very interesting. Can't see Arsenal lossing now that Everton are safe. Spurs could be really nervous, I'm starting to think we may play a big part on the final day drama! I had planned to skip the game initially but I have a good feeling now, let's at least take something from this season and not be a complete irrelevance! And hey, we could finish 19th and  bag a couple of extra mill!

Would imagine there will be a mass exodus around 80 minutes when the 5th goal goes in

As for Smith saying Byram next captain beggars belief