Bradwell canary

Why has no Championship club hired Farke?

9 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

It has amazed me that no Championship Club has come after Farke. Given his fantastic record of two promotions on a shoestring budget.

After the Russian situation, I not sure where he is now, guess someone will know.

For sure Lambert and Farke teams have given us some fantastic memories.

Shoestring budget? We had the biggest wage budget bar 1 last season.

That said, I think he is holding out for a German job.

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He's not motivated just  by money or he would never have come to us in the first place, so he could go anywhere - even to a League 1 club if it looks like a good project

Sorry but this is just complete nonsense, he took his 3 senior coaches from Norwich with him to Krasnador and he'll be looking for a club to employ all four of them again, they've all got mortgages/bills/families, you are living in an absolute dreamworld if: 

1). You think he'd go to a League One club, they can't afford his team.

and 

2). If you don't think that he went to Russia because that's where he got offered the serious dosh, get real he went to Krasnador for the rubles.

This weird romantic vision that some have of Farke as some soft of complete altruist is just that, weird. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, repman said:

He supposedly wanted both Rashica and Normann, and there were a few others but I can't remember off the top of my head. He had a reasonable influence on transfers while he was here, but in general its better to leave the coach to do just that. 

He was the one that wanted Lees-Melou, Webber spoke about that last summer I think. They'd thought he'd have been out of our price range but were surprised they were able to land him for as little as they did.

Worth noting Michael Bailey's athletic article also seems to suggest a couple of targets in Germany again. I do think people don't quite grasp how it works when it comes to transfers in this set up. The head coach gets a say, the sporting director does all the leg work, contractual stuff, all of the non-essential stuff to allow the coach to focus on the actual football.

I think it's very clear that in the first couple of seasons at least, Farke had quite a bit influence on who we signed. Many of them having played under him or at a club he had been at. Many came from Germany where he had seen them play already. Zimmermann, Leitner, Trybull, Hernandez etc.

The problem came when that side clearly wasn't up to premier league football and the dismantling had to begin and the rebuilding commence. I maintain that as silly as it sounds, that's probably best done in the Championship. You pretty much want a settled core of your side for a season in the premier league - see Brentford, Leeds, Villa, etc etc etc. This season we have been trying to find that with a lot of inexperience both in terms of ages and in terms of English football. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I think we might see it, but his two disastrous PL campaigns will definitely have damaged his reputation. Also remember his first season was fairly lacklustre to say the least so he does not have any history of making an instant impact.

The first campaign, everybody knew Farke was taking a knife to a gunfight, and the second time around, Smith's failure to do any better than Farke was doing underlines that it was also an impossible task this time around. 

You'd have to be a bit stupid to put the failure on Farke's shoulders either time around. 

My money's on him taking Webber's job when Webber jacks it in .

17 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not everything about Russia is bad. 

Have you ever shared a holiday resort with any?

they are the most rude and arrogant people I have ever encountered abroad.

They treated the Turkish waiting, and hotel staff like dirt.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

It has amazed me that no Championship Club has come after Farke. Given his fantastic record of two promotions on a shoestring budget.

After the Russian situation, I not sure where he is now, guess someone will know.

For sure Lambert and Farke teams have given us some fantastic memories.

Farke loves his show ponies and but for Buendia and Pukki, plus more latterly Skipp he would have been a bang on mid table manager.

Over rated by too many unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Farke loves his show ponies and but for Buendia and Pukki, plus more latterly Skipp he would have been a bang on mid table manager.

Ah yes, the "blame him when things go bad and credit others when things go well" syndrome.  Nice one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorry but this is just complete nonsense, he took his 3 senior coaches from Norwich with him to Krasnador and he'll be looking for a club to employ all four of them again, they've all got mortgages/bills/families, you are living in an absolute dreamworld if: 

and 

2). If you don't think that he went to Russia because that's where he got offered the serious dosh, get real he went to Krasnador for the rubles.

This weird romantic vision that some have of Farke as some soft of complete altruist is just that, weird. 

You obviously missed the all important word I put in my post - I said he wasn't motivated "just" by money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

You obviously missed the all important word I put in my post - I said he wasn't motivated "just" by money.

You must have missed my main point, which is that it is ludicrous to suggest that he might take a League 1 job.... 7 months after leaving a Premier League job.

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You must have missed my main point, which is that it is ludicrous to suggest that he might take a League 1 job.... 7 months after leaving a Premier League job.

I saw it and didn't question it. I only questioned what was wrong with your post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I saw it and didn't question it. I only questioned what was wrong with your post.

Imagine Farke going to manage a level below his own rejects like Sinani and Toffolo, so he can build a squad full of Carlton Morris's and Cameron Norman's. 

Would it all be a master plan to have Zimmermann as his defensive lynch pin again? At least he could squeeze another year out of Vrancic at Shrewsbury.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah yes, the "blame him when things go bad and credit others when things go well" syndrome.  Nice one.

Apparently you didn't get to many games did you?

Seeing it in the flesh is very different to Quest's highlight show.

Edited by Nora's Ghost

Farke was seemingly a singular man, totally focussed upon his own convictions and very determined in his own ways. A solitary individual content to eat cake on his sofa rather than celebrate with the crowd.

Such as he can usually succeed in their chosen business, but run the risk of being unbending and incapable of compromise when the set of rules and the standards, both professionally and personally, that they adhere to are threatened.

I originally envisaged the 'dynasty' he created at  NCFC lasting a decade or more, and was content with this for good or bad because there was that identity there. 

Perhaps the fact that he could neither apply sufficient compromise to his footballing style, nor to the style of a few of his footballers, was his downfall.

He will always have my respect, despite his frantic, a thousand words a second interviews.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Maybe he has been holding out for a position back "home" after the whole Russian disaster. I was surprised he didn't move to a German club when that happened to be fair.

Wherever he goes I wish him well, he didn't crack the PL but he did bring possibly the best football I've witnessed at Carrow Road during my years supporting the club.

On 15/05/2022 at 13:16, A Load of Squit said:

Bundesliga finished yesterday, there's always some coaching positions change at this time of the year, Monchengladbach parted with their coach by mutual consent & they've got a relatively new SD. I wouldn't be surprised if his next job is in Germany.

Looks like I was a day early!

16 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah there is a strange desire to deify Farke amongst some. He seemed like a good guy and he did very well in his time here but the way some people talk about him you'd think he is some moral saint.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah there is a strange desire to deify Farke amongst some. He seemed like a good guy and he did very well in his time here but the way some people talk about him you'd think he is some moral saint.  

His  shoite stinks same as the rest of us. 

Anyone remember who said Madison  was , and i quote ...... " a wonderful human being" ?

We are neither angel nor devil, but a bit of both.

On 15/05/2022 at 13:16, A Load of Squit said:

Bundesliga finished yesterday, there's always some coaching positions change at this time of the year, Monchengladbach parted with their coach by mutual consent & they've got a relatively new SD. I wouldn't be surprised if his next job is in Germany.

I wonder what the odds were 3 weeks ago?

Why would you go to a championship club when you have the clout to go to a midtable Bundesliga club?

On 16/05/2022 at 09:37, Nora's Ghost said:

Appointed to a decent Bundesliga side. Yet more evidence of the ****e you post on here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Appointed to a decent Bundesliga side. Yet more evidence of the ****e you post on here.

No more was needed. Hes an Ipswich fan who has been revelling in the fact some of our 'fans' have agreed with his BS on here because they're that level of fan.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2022 at 00:20, TeemuVanBasten said:

and 

He may have had an extraordinary offer from Krasnador, but he accepted before the war kicked off and left once it was clear that Russia was going for it. I don't doubt there must have been other things to Krasnodar that appealed to him from a football perspective.  I would expect a coach of Farke's calibre to be well compensated wherever he goes.

I'm delighted for him that a top 10 Bundesliga club is giving him a job his talent deserves. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

On 16/05/2022 at 16:22, king canary said:

Deify is a strong word, but he was talented and absolutely committed to making things work, and if they didn't work, trying to change things in a rational way to make them work. If some people weren't so stupid as to not simply accept that sometimes the factors out of your control are the main reasons  you fail, then we might still have him, but there you go. Some football fans are just too thick to believe anything other than swapping managers will fix everything, regardless of the myriad examples of it doing the opposite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Deify is a strong word, but he was talented and absolutely committed to making things work, and if they didn't work, trying to change things in a rational way to make them work. If some people weren't so stupid as to not simply accept that sometimes the factors out of your control are the main reasons  you fail, then we might still have him, but there you go. Some football fans are just too thick to believe anything other than swapping managers will fix everything, regardless of the myriad examples of it doing the opposite. 

Changing managers is cheaper than changing the squad, that’s for sure! 

I liked Farke and we all wanted it to work, but he didn’t cut it at the highest level given the tools that he had to work with.

Farkeball in the EPL required a level of personnel that the club was never in a position to afford and when it came to the choice of Farke or Webber, the former was always going to lose. 

59 minutes ago, komakino said:

Changing managers is cheaper than changing the squad, that’s for sure! 

I liked Farke and we all wanted it to work, but he didn’t cut it at the highest level given the tools that he had to work with.

Farkeball in the EPL required a level of personnel that the club was never in a position to afford and when it came to the choice of Farke or Webber, the former was always going to lose. 

Except we replaced him and it didn't help and any fool could see that he wasn't in any way the problem. Changing the oil on my car is a nice cheap change if something goes wrong with my car, but it won't help if the problem is the alternator. 

Farke did work. He worked in the first season when all the idiots were screaming to get rid of him, and he still worked when we were struggling in the Premier league because the fundamental problem always was that the players simply weren't good enough for that level. Sheer stupidity to sack him, but I don't blame Webber for doing it when the usual morons insisted on getting all toxic about changing the manager. 

And none of that detracts from Smith clearly being a decent replacement either, just with the same barrier to success that Farke had: a squad that wasn't up to it. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2