Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Relegation ""celebration"" thread

All in all, without hyperbole, that was probably the worst season I think we have ever had. One small highlight is all I will remember of that pile of dung. What an absolute waste.

• Like 2

“This is the darkest day in the history of [Springfield] Norwich City FC. If anyone wants me I’ll be in the shower” - Homer Simpson.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Haha 2

Well I guess the one good thing of getting relegated early is that it enables you to start planning for next year as early as possible.

Cruical that the big decisions are made quickly either way. 1. Is Webber staying yes or no? 2. are Smith and Shakey going to be in charge? 3. Which players want out (possibly a Rashica, Aarons, Cantwelll etc) 4. Which players do we maybe want to max value on (Pukki, Hanley, Krul) 5. Who are we Targetting and get them in quickly

****e football, and ****e results, compounded by a knee-jerk mistreatment of a club legend (Daniel) to appoint someone random as an afterthought.

Dreadful and cringetastic season.

• Like 3

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Norwich be like to Brentford next season 

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, 'winning football games' - remember them?  Championship winners 2020-21 (...regional heats)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orly said:

****e football, and ****e results, compounded by a knee-jerk mistreatment of a club legend (Daniel) to appoint someone random as an afterthought.

Dreadful and cringetastic season.

I mean  I love Farke too but calling a man who led us to our worst ever top flight season (Yes, it was indeed somehow statisticly worse than this one..) a "legend" is really giving the binners reasons to mock us

14 minutes ago, Big O said:

Well I guess the one good thing of getting relegated early is that it enables you to start planning for next year as early as possible

Not if Webber's doing the planning

Remember though, it’s not our fault. It’s because of dodgy referees, a small budget and all sundry of other reasons that aren’t our fault. As long as this excuse culture exists, Norwich City will never be a competitive Premier League club.

• Like 1

Watch Webber disappear to the foothills of the Himalayas. The only part of NCFC going up anywhere this season!

As the Newcastle fans rightly turned on us and sang "**** off to the Championship".

Humiliating season, we have stunk the league out.

Absolute shambles off the pitch. Replacing Farke with someone even worse is difficult to take. As for Webber's recruitment, one of which not even deemed good enough for the bench was an absolute disaster.

• Like 2

I'm really looking forward to the Chair and the CEO really taking the executives to task over this poor season.  D'oh ......😵💫🍺

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Herman said:

All in all, without hyperbole, that was probably the worst season I think we have ever had. One small highlight is all I will remember of that pile of dung. What an absolute waste.

As dispiriting a season as I can remember. Even two seasons ago we had the Man City win and some other decent performances to cheer us. This time most that could go wrong did go wrong, and that is fatal  for us.

But as The Guardian reporter put it when the news came through: "Norwich are officially down after goals from Ollie Watkins and Danny Ings (and Jack Cork and Josh Brownhill at Vicarage Road). Truly, they’ll be back."

• Like 1

The most dispiriting element of all of this is we've barely looked like staying up these last two seasons. I can take a relegation but were we ever out of the bottom 3 this season?

• Like 1