Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Norwich Evening News | Do you really want this job Webber?

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

I don't for one moment condone fans calling him a 'c u next tuesday' which is really offensive. However, the point surely is not the 'conversation' he / the fans may have wanted but the offensive hand gesture that Webber gave to his detractors. If a Norwich player was subbed and gave that gesture to irate as he walked off the pitch, then said player would have been immediately disciplined / fined / suspended by the club for.........'bringing the club into disrepute'.  Webber has done exactly the same and should receive same punishment. 

Whatever is the truth. It is a total train crash.  An Almighty PR disaster.

Apparently the guy below tells his side. 

Screenshot_20220426-114519_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

I’m good cheers mate - hope you are too?! 

I am surprised by the press and was also surprised by the Pink Un podcast in how honest Davitt and Southwell were in their appraisal of the situation on the back of the other day. 

Clearly Webber’s rattled Archant’s cage. The more I think on it the more a soundbite of something wouldn’t go amiss from the club; Webber publicly declaring his intentions by way of The Times was probably not the best way to go about it. 

Am good, couple of days in San Sebastián, missus shopping, am sitting outside a bar with a Cerveza reading the forum… what a place this is and Bilbao, we’ll worth a visit!

After Saturday think Webber may engineer a way out from here…. Pretty disappointing if it ends this way as he’s done very well in lots of ways…. I’d rather applaud him on the positives than kick him in the nads for the negatives.  

Personally think his philosophy could work but it needs a bit more quality in the scouting and better attitude to player contracts, we give opportunities and for that they play for us, not have a get out just because they are good!    

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Fake. No chance the local media would take aim like that and risk their cosy relationship with the club.

No, it's not fake.

Jesus 😂

9 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I don't for one moment condone fans calling him a 'c u next tuesday' which is really offensive. However, the point surely is not the 'conversation' he / the fans may have wanted but the offensive hand gesture that Webber gave to his detractors. If a Norwich player was subbed and gave that gesture to irate as he walked off the pitch, then said player would have been immediately disciplined / fined / suspended by the club for.........'bringing the club into disrepute'.  Webber has done exactly the same and should receive same punishment. 

Sorry, what is this gesture? I've not seen it. 

• Haha 1

Good on them, Webber staying here is now just damaging the club. Needs to be gone yesterday really. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Chucked a w@nker gesture as his missus pushed him away, it's right at the start of the video. 

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Like Ken said, it's right at the start of the video. If he doesn't resign / get sacked / at least apologise then there is something very seriously wrong at the very top of our club.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Nothing on EEN website, looks like a vary, vary clever fake.Google bot needs to confirm !

Go in any newsagents in the city and it is there right in front of you on the counter so no fake about it CANARYKING.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

He has previously said he'd like to punch our fans in the face before........

Boxing Meme GIFs | TenorBoxing Meme GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Mello Yello
  • Haha 1

Ah that was a grand dinner last night as well. All smiles 😃 or 😏 smirks. The atmosphere must have been electric!

Screenshot_20220426-130046_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Ask our very own pete raven cc.

Screenshot_20220426-115720_Chrome.jpg

Nadine Dorries, the culture secretary, has said she could intervene over local newspaper group Newsquest’s takeover of rival Archant, PA Media reports. PA says:

Last month, Newsquest, which publishes titles including the Northern Echo and Lancashire Telegraph, sealed the deal to buy the East Anglia-based competitor.

Archant, which was being sold by private equity firm Rcapital, owns a number of local newspaper brands in East Anglia, including the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, alongside a portfolio of regional Country Life magazines, and employs 760 staff.

In a written ministerial statement Dorries said she was “minded” to issue an intervention notice, which would lead to the move being blocked. She has “plurality concerns” over how the merger could impact competition where the two firms operate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Ask our very own pete raven cc.

Screenshot_20220426-115720_Chrome.jpg

Thought I recognised that screengrab from somewhere.

• Haha 1

I don't have strong feelings either way for our owners, but he's totally undermined them and broken the trust they showed in him. I feel for them on this.

If he'd communicated his intentions better and shown more commitment to NCFC then I think the fans would have accepted it, albeit possibly grudgingly. Very very poorly handled on his part.

No way back for him now.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

What did you think he was going to do? Lump one of them? Again, there's no point shouting at someone and calling him a c*nt and then expecting him to have a level conversation. It's double standards gone absolutely crazy.

I showed my other half the video, She thought he was making a crude hand action too. Either way he didn’t read the room well or act like a professional. 

51 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Chucked a w@nker gesture as his missus pushed him away, it's right at the start of the video.

It was like something from PoW Road on a Saturday night..."fuggin let me at'um; leave it Stu, they're not worth it...", just needed a kebab in hand for the full effect. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Thought I recognised that screengrab from somewhere.

I love screenshot Pete. It saves having to ✍️ write and think about grammar. Anyway have a good 👍 day . Strange times just now.

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Whatever is the truth. It is a total train crash.  An Almighty PR disaster.

Apparently the guy below tells his side. 

Screenshot_20220426-114519_Chrome.jpg

This is the incident I saw. Brown coat guy and his mates were a bit of an embarrassment at the start. Shouting into the directors entrance "where's that **** Webber". But when Webber came out, for a guy who claims to ignore the noise, he became the embarrassment. I don't know what he thought he could achieve?

I kept hearing about the car incident. But if it took place it must have been a second one. You don't get into your car outside the directors entrance a few minutes after the game finishes.

It was all over very quickly but it won't be the end. Because Webber reacted how he did they'll be more than half a dozen out there the next game. Unless the weather's particularly bad. It may pay Zoe to do a rain dance...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I showed my other half the video, She thought he was making a crude hand action too. Either way he didn’t read the room well or act like a professional. 

I'm not entirely convinced on the hand gesture, but of course your second sentence is correct. Well, about acting like a professional. I'm pretty sure he had no choice but to read the room fairly well.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't have strong feelings either way for our owners, but he's totally undermined them and broken the trust they showed in him. I feel for them on this.

If he'd communicated his intentions better and shown more commitment to NCFC then I think the fans would have accepted it, albeit possibly grudgingly. Very very poorly handled on his part.

No way back for him now.

His commitment has always been for me.me.me. I despise the man. The ego was always far to big . He has blown it big style and for that I am very grateful.

Posh and Becks.  Harry and Megan .

I want to be talking 🥅 not about this Pr!ck and his personal crusades. He is and always was up his own ar£e. Good riddance  for a bad egg.

I just don't get why the PL don't want us in it. A drunken lush of an owner, a mouthy thug of a Sporting Director, and a platinum blonde manager. We're great entertainment value, much better than all those boring teams that come 14th every season. I'm sure global sales of the 'PL brand' would rocket if they made a sitcom called Carrow Road and showed it before every televised game.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm not entirely convinced on the hand gesture, but of course your second sentence is correct. Well, about acting like a professional. I'm pretty sure he had no choice but to read the room fairly well.

Blowing kisses with a big fat smug grin on his face wasn’t his finest hour. Two sides to a story but if he can’t handle half a dozen protesters God help him next time if it occurs. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Blowing kisses with a big fat smug grin on his face wasn’t his finest hour. Two sides to a story but if he can’t handle half a dozen protesters God help him next time if it occurs. 

Didn’t McNally have eggs thrown at him once or am I getting confused with John Prescott?! 😁

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is the incident I saw. Brown coat guy and his mates were a bit of an embarrassment at the start. Shouting into the directors entrance "where's that **** Webber". But when Webber came out, for a guy who claims to ignore the noise, he became the embarrassment. I don't know what he thought he could achieve?

I kept hearing about the car incident. But if it took place it must have been a second one. You don't get into your car outside the directors entrance a few minutes after the game finishes.

It was all over very quickly but it won't be the end. Because Webber reacted how he did they'll be more than half a dozen out there the next game. Unless the weather's particularly bad. It may pay Zoe to do a rain dance...

🤣thanks for clarification of the events you witnessed.  Always nice to get the birds eyes 👀 view of things. Unfortunately it's been a while since I've been there living in Brazil 🇧🇷 now. Its always better to see the games at the grounds. Yes I get every game live here. But not the same. Although my TV 📺 has taken more verbal abuse this season. Enjoy your day Nutty. Better times ahead I'm sure👍

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Very good point. If he's still here by the next home game, there'll be quite a crowd, I imagine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I just don't get why the PL don't want us in it. A drunken lush of an owner, a mouthy thug of a Sporting Director, and a platinum blonde manager. We're great entertainment value, much better than all those boring teams that come 14th every season. I'm sure global sales of the 'PL brand' would rocket if they made a sitcom called Carrow Road and showed it before every televised game.  

For sure it would sell . We are a global catch now. Webber has put us on the global map . Good PR job then look at the positives . 

24 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Feels weird,  but I agree.

13 minutes ago, Mengo said:

🤣thanks for clarification of the events you witnessed.  Always nice to get the birds eyes 👀 view of things. Unfortunately it's been a while since I've been there living in Brazil 🇧🇷 now. Its always better to see the games at the grounds. Yes I get every game live here. But not the same. Although my TV 📺 has taken more verbal abuse this season. Enjoy your day Nutty. Better times ahead I'm sure👍

It was a chance encounter because we were making our way to meet someone at the hotel. But it's always worth a look around after a game. Especially one like Saturday. There were other "faces" chatting in dark corners as we went round🙃

A PUP in Brazil! We need you next season Mengo 💛💚

I really can’t see him being here by the time we next play at home. We’ll not hear another word from him I suspect.

I’m also not convinced by the hand gesture but it’s not that that I would have found irritating, it’s the hideous smirk that makes you want to embarrass yourself.

I think his position has become untenable. Part of the plan maybe? Who knows. He perhaps wants a payout and now his wife can have a say in it she may well vote in favour.

What worries me about him leaving is that, with all the reports of there being a staff exodus, who will be able to carry out the rebuild? Keep in mind we have a crucial transfer window just around the corner but seemingly a bare bones/not fit for purpose recruitment team. Is it better in this situation to have a Sporting Director that can’t be arsed or no Sporting Director or…… Neil Adams? 

I don’t understand why things are either flying with NCFC or an absolute shambles. Why can’t we ever just build steadily and solid. It’s so frustrating.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It was a chance encounter because we were making our way to meet someone at the hotel. But it's always worth a look around after a game. Especially one like Saturday. There were other "faces" chatting in dark corners as we went round🙃

A PUP in Brazil! We need you next season Mengo 💛💚

Two of them tore us apart on Saturday. Bruno is a great player. Yep we could do with a couple in the squad right now. Plenty of talented players down here Nutty. Me ,well past my playing days but I could be tempted into doing a bit of scouting for Norwich 😉. Expat . Worked in the Norwich  area in the happier days under Lambert. Never mind those days will return I'm sure.